Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:29 AM Last edited by SimmingSince7 : 29th Apr 2018 at 2:02 AM.
Default MC Command Center and Get to Work Jobs
Is there an option for me to make it to where the game will assign the jobs such as cop and scientist to sims already in game? I would prefer the game used the sims I have now rather than spawn a bunch of new ones. I was planning on adding certain sims to my town and I am kind of picky about what goes. If I want sims to spawn, I usually make them elder females just so they won't marry anyone or get pregnant from my settings. I wish I could just spawn anyone with the option to "neither get pregnant or others pregnant" so they would basically be infertile and leave the sims I made alone. But having a bunch of granny cops isn't exactly realistic I guess.

edit: If possible, can same be done with inmates?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:47 AM
User coolspear1 has made a set of mods like you describe, at least for the science and medical careers. With my mod cocktail, some work and some do not, but that is certainly not his fault. I'm not sure what the rules here are for linking to other sites, so I'd say if you look up coolspear1 on this site, you will find out where these mods live.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 9:35 PM
Thanks for answering. I will check it out.
Scholar
#4 Old 1st May 2018 at 5:35 AM
I would go about it this way:

1. Make the sim active somehow (so you can work on them)

2. Now for the the cheats (CTRL + C)

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Detective or
careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Doctor or
careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Scientist

Then promote your desire career levels (typing as many times as needed)

careers.promote Detective
careers.promote Doctor
careers.promote Scientist

3. IMPORTANT before rushing to make them unactive again - Zap them! ... use MCCC > Command > Flag Sim > Career > Flag Freeze Career (or game will eventually fire or retire them)

4. save game, exit household and now put those sims back in unplayed houeholds or homeless status again

5. Clean up and delete, fire or change jobs to any other unwanted sims that may have the same job as the game will only choose a dozen to show up.

6. now Go To Work and watch the fun unfold...

Those also work will any career from Rabbit Hole played ones, custom careers and NPC roles (Gardener, Repair, Pizza Deliver, Landlord, etc)