Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:06 AM
Default Terrifying Dog?
So my Sims have this little dachshund and every time he wants to go grab a toy from his chest, he
1) barks excitedly
2) makes the woosh and spins like he's changing outfits
3) stretches into a horrifying sim sized eldritch horror
4) snaps back to normal
5) sonic-the-hedgehog style speeds from the room on a mad beeline for the toy chest

it's nothing game breaking but it does give me a mighty scare every time. Should I be concerned or just shrug it off as the usual EA glitch tomfoolery?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:51 AM
Shrug it off. It's just one of the intended features to carry the "Weirder Stories (#blameSteve)" messages.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 1st May 2018 at 10:21 AM
That sounds like the bug where animals stretch into disturbing forms.
Example:

Check out these patch notes https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...ch-notes#latest
They're from December and it sounds exactly like the problem you have. Try updating your game and check if all mods are up to date.
Theorist
#4 Old 1st May 2018 at 11:02 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 1st May 2018 at 11:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Example:

Check out these patch notes https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...ch-notes#latest
They're from December and it sounds exactly like the problem you have. Try updating your game and check if all mods are up to date.

So basically they didn't fix much from the Sims 3 pets...

Pach after patch they claimed to have fixed it but it never went away.

Also those were terrible jokes. That's just shameful
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd May 2018 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohtar
So my Sims have this little dachshund and every time he wants to go grab a toy from his chest, he
1) barks excitedly
4) snaps back to normal
5) sonic-the-hedgehog style speeds from the room on a mad beeline for the toy chest

it's nothing game breaking but it does give me a mighty scare every time. Should I be concerned or just shrug it off as the usual EA glitch tomfoolery?

I'm glad I'm not thd only who suffered this. Also, I was playing the Hecklings and Rosie was like, she kept barking with this love sparkles or something and I had no idea what happened.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:38 PM
legacyoffaliures, love your siggy! If it means what I think it does, I do that too.
On Topic:
Yeah, this is definitely classic EA glitchiness.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Space Pony
#7 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:02 AM
Find a mod for a priest

Quote: Originally posted by ohtar
1) barks excitedly
4) snaps back to normal

Dag-Dag
Instructor
#8 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

My God, it looks like something from The Thing.