Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:49 PM Last edited by ShadowMT13 : 13th Oct 2018 at 5:25 PM.
Default Sims 4 Studio In Game Rugs Not Showing Up. (Solved Kind Of.)
Hey everyone. Today I actually made a bunch of new carpets and two new beds by using Sims 4 Studio. All items where standalone recolors of existing items, however even though the beds I retextured are working just find, the rugs I made are not and it is really kind of upsetting considering how hard I worked on them. Does anyone have an answer as to how I fix this? Please and thank you. If more info is needed just ask, though this is the basics of what is going on with the rugs I tried making.

-In-game they are invisible and their catalog icon is just a question mark with a rainbow background (I did not set a custom Icon since usually the furniture will just default to showing the model in the icon).

-They are there with the names I set for them however when you go to place them they don't show up and when you look at the description (I did not add a description) it says **DEBUG** even though I did not set it as a debug item.

-The bed recolors I made worked fine so I have not the slightest idea what the hell the problem is with these rugs.

Update: I simply used a different rug mesh to make the recolor and it worked fine now after a bit of resizing and whatnot. Thanks for the replies. Bottom line I found a way to make the rugs I wanted by just using a different mesh. Thank you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 6:51 AM
Bumping this because I still need help with this and have not gotten any replies yet. (-.-)"
Stupid people are stupid
#3 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:32 AM
I wonder if perhaps you should've posted this in Create, rather than game help...
I hope you'll get the help you need soon.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:39 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
I wonder if perhaps you should've posted this in Create, rather than game help...
I hope you'll get the help you need soon.

I did not think this fitted in that category otherwise I would of, now that it is moved hopefully I will get the help I need with this rather annoying issue involving the custom rugs not working.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 2:52 PM
Help still required, bumping this.
Instructor
#7 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowMT13
Help still required, bumping this.

I'd say you have used one of the hidden reward rugs and didn't change the flags. Can's say without the package.
Have you tried asking the tool developers for help or read their tutorial?
As a wild guess, you'd need to "Create 3D Mesh" within S4S then it would work.
If you make a stand alone recolour, it will remain within the same categories and tags of the original object.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:40 PM
Yes I'd have thought it was better to ask over at Studio support forum!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 11:35 PM
I'm surprised you haven't asked at the Studio forums either. Seems odd to use a tool and not ask at the official forums for the tool when you come into issues.

Eitherway, if you are seeing a purple/green coloured texture with ? on it then it more than likely means that your textures are the wrong dimensions. The game will only accept textures of certain sizes, even if they are only a single pixel wrong it will fail.

I have no idea about the text issues without you sharing your files.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:40 AM Last edited by ShadowMT13 : 10th Oct 2018 at 9:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
I'd say you have used one of the hidden reward rugs and didn't change the flags. Can's say without the package.
Have you tried asking the tool developers for help or read their tutorial?
As a wild guess, you'd need to "Create 3D Mesh" within S4S then it would work.
If you make a stand alone recolour, it will remain within the same categories and tags of the original object.

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I'm surprised you haven't asked at the Studio forums either. Seems odd to use a tool and not ask at the official forums for the tool when you come into issues.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Yes I'd have thought it was better to ask over at Studio support forum!

I did not ask the devs for help because for one I am not part of their forums and two they don't seem to answer quick enough looking at other things people have asked for help with, seems they were waiting for over a week for someone to get back to them or more. I assumed that this would be the better option asking people who do use Sims 4 Studio and may have more experience than I have. The rugs I made where stand alone recolors and they were not checked as hidden rewards, I checked.

I only opted to just ask the community here because I sure as hell am not the only one on this site who uses the program, so I prefered to ask other users for help first. If worst comes to worst I will go sign up for the Sims 4 Studio Forum and ask there regardless of the possible long wait for a reply. Figured if they take a long time on that site than they probably won't get back to me any sooner than I would get helpful replies from this forum, and on top of that I would also have to sign up with a forum I rather not. Kind of hard to find decent forums so I only sign up for certain ones.

However like I said if I have to I will go to that site and ask for help, I am just kind of against the idea because for one I have to sign up for yet another thing, twp because from what I seen on their recent posts it takes too long to get the help you require, and three I am just not really sure I will use the forum ever again after I ask for the help with this on there so my account would just be rotting in the forum's members.
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowMT13
I did not ask the devs for help because for one I am not part of their forums and two they don't seem to answer quick enough looking at other things people have asked for help with, seems they were waiting for over a week for someone to get back to them or more. I assumed that this would be the better option asking people who do use Sims 4 Studio and may have more experience than I have. The rugs I made where stand alone recolors and they were not checked as hidden rewards, I checked.

I only opted to just ask the community here because I sure as hell am not the only one on this site who uses the program, so I prefered to ask other users for help first. If worst comes to worst I will go sign up for the Sims 4 Studio Forum and ask there regardless of the possible long wait for a reply. Figured if they take a long time on that site than they probably won't get back to me any sooner than I would get helpful replies from this forum, and on top of that I would also have to sign up with a forum I rather not. Kind of hard to find decent forums so I only sign up for certain ones.

However like I said if I have to I will go to that site and ask for help, I am just kind of against the idea because for one I have to sign up for yet another thing, twp because from what I seen on their recent posts it takes too long to get the help you require, and three I am just not really sure I will use the forum ever again after I ask for the help with this on there so my account would just be rotting in the forum's members.

I'll make it easy for you.
First: the only way to ensure that you are using the latest version of the mod is by signing in to the site. >>> Grab the latest Beta (the is no stable versions for months)
Then: If you ask for help there, the first thing @Orangemittens will ask is for you to provide your package for inspection {I implicitly asked the same here} I guess you wont do that.
But I think that the most important matter is: How in the first place did you get the tool if you are not a member of S4Studio forum?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 1:42 PM
Okay, so you acknowledged my comment about the forum usage. Did you take a look at what I suggested regarding texture sizes? You wanted help, I have suggested something yet you seem to have brushed over it.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
I'll make it easy for you.
First: the only way to ensure that you are using the latest version of the mod is by signing in to the site. >>> Grab the latest Beta (the is no stable versions for months)
Then: If you ask for help there, the first thing @Orangemittens will ask is for you to provide your package for inspection {I implicitly asked the same here} I guess you wont do that.
But I think that the most important matter is: How in the first place did you get the tool if you are not a member of S4Studio forum?

Maybe I did sign up and forgot. It has been awhile since I first downloaded it, I will try signing in. If I already have an account I forgot about than that gives me no reason to have a problem with asking the forums there since I have an account anyways in that case.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:44 PM
Well in that case maybe you don't even have the latest version, you should try that first.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)