Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:00 AM
Default Zerbu Mod Constructor 4: Creating Socially Awkward Trait [HELP]
Hey guys!

I'm currently creating a socially awkward trait for Sims 4. I've done some work, but I can't seem to do three things. You don't have to answer all of them----any would be fine!

(1) Is there a way to make your sim MESS UP social interactions? Like, sometimes have a negative relationship plus, and maybe even a custom buff (Or the pre-existing "Awkward Comment" one).

(2) Is there a way to make them have a embarassed mood around Acquaintances? (I'll show my work in the following post)

(3) Is there a way to override their Romantic Tree to fit the Unflirty Sims? Where "Compliment" would be "Pathetically Attempt to Compliment" or something like that.

Thank you so much! This is a big ask, so I appreciate any of them being answered!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ConquerorWyrm
Hey guys!

I'm currently creating a socially awkward trait for Sims 4. I've done some work, but I can't seem to do three things. You don't have to answer all of them----any would be fine!

(1) Is there a way to make your sim MESS UP social interactions? Like, sometimes have a negative relationship plus, and maybe even a custom buff (Or the pre-existing "Awkward Comment" one).

(2) Is there a way to make them have a embarassed mood around Acquaintances? (I'll show my work below)

(3) Is there a way to override their Romantic Tree to fit the Unflirty Sims? Where "Compliment" would be "Pathetically Attempt to Compliment" or something like that.

Thank you so much! This is a big ask, so I appreciate any of them being answered!

----
(Work shown for Question 2)
Just to briefly show my work for Question 2, I so far made "First Impressions" as a continuous loot, and added two Test Conditions. Test Condition 1 is Targeted Relationships as "Acquaintances", Test Condition 2 are Interaction Running Test with Friendly interactions such as "Cordial Dialogue", "Compliment, "Tell Joke", "Gush"< and "Amiable Inquiries"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 6:36 AM
I dont know if this will help but here's a tutorial video . I'm sorry if it doesnt help. I've just learned to make a trait myself.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 6:51 AM
#1: Probably not using MC4. That sounds like something that would require tuning. While you could make a custom moodlet, which has a relationship track modifier added to it, as per Zerbu, you may run into issues trying to use the shorter socials as interaction tests because the game is only checking every 10 minutes IG. I'd say, test the ones you want to use in-game, to see if it ticks long enough to register.

#2: Sort of the same as #1. The interactions may not be long enough to register, but the relationship track should work as a test condition. Rather than a Continuous Loot, you'd want to use Proximity, based on what you're describing (proximity = how your Sim reacts to others, broadcaster = how other Sims react to you).

#3: Not using MC4.