Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:34 AM Last edited by Elawann : 19th Jan 2018 at 11:03 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims stuck at hotel - already tried different things/running out of ideas
Dear simmers,

First of all, I apologize if this seems to have already been answered, but as stated on the title, I have tried different options, and I'm just trying to explore what I might be able to do before delving into the world of SimPE - and even understanding if it might be worth it at all or not.

I have a neighbourhood I've been playing for several years now, and I have all the EPs and SPs, with lots of CC but comparatively few mods/hacks, I think... Still, I have noticed for some time that there's the natural inbuilt corruption, but it hasn't affected my gameplay in a major way, until now.

I took a family of sims (3 members), who actually live in a lot downtown, with 4 guests (all also residing downtown) on holiday, into a custom lot - downloaded here and furnished by me with a fair deal of CC, of course. It all went - fairly - smoothly (there were a couple of things not working perfectly in the hotel, such as a restaurant podium "on maintenance", and, more importantly, a slightly dysfunctional maid), but I figured I might as well finish the holiday and try to address those afterwards.

When the holiday came to an end, I decided to try to do a last-minute photo, and hence I used the "control sim" feature (thanks to a mod) in order to try to position the sims in place for the shot. During this process, the message "your holiday is over, etc" came up. And this is where I am not sure about the sequence of events: at one point, the sim I was controlling "artificially" seemed to have the "check out" action queued, and what I am not sure about is whether in the middle of managing the other sims, she autonomously checked out or not - which might be the source of the glitch, as she's not a member of the "original" household that booked the holiday.

Whether she did it or not, what happened next was what other people describe when getting stuck: the shuttle never showed up, I tried using the phone box but it only allowed me to go to a community lot. I actually tried that, to see if something would happen - now I think that, if anything, it might have made things worse - and when I was on that community lot the message about the shuttle being dispatched did come up, but once again, nothing.

I went back to the hotel and I am stuck without being able to check in again (that's the only option the concierge gives me, but then it says you need to check out from your previous accommodation) or to leave.

I've tried using the "testingcheatsenabled" to debug it, and two of the household characters came back with the same error "check tree primitive... blocked completion". I tried resetting, but the error messages keep showing up. When I did "delete" and the two (female) characters disappeared, the third (male) element of the household still didn't manage to check out - so I didn't save the game in that instance, because I didn't want to risk losing those two characters for nothing. I've also run Hoodchecker and tried to remove as many sources of corruption as possible...

When I go back downtown, I cannot play that household - it says they're on holiday and asks if I want to play the holiday 'hood, and does send me there if I say yes. I have accessed all the other guests' households and they work fine. More intringuingly, at least for me, they also manage to invite over the household that is on holiday. But when I try proposing they move in, it says that they're currently not being played on their home lot, and that I need to return them to their home lot before I ask them to move in.

I have checked my game, and especially BV, is patched (it is, and I believe I was quite thorough when installing the game), and I have tried some other strategies, including removing my downloads folder (the game is still glitched and actually seems worse, with the concierge flippling slightly from one side to the other), and it still gives me the same option of checking in, and then the error message. I also downloaded the cat teleporter and summoned the household to a friend's, but, again, I couldn't ask them to move in - the game returned the "they're not at home" message.

I'm also not able to access the hotel lot to edit it in any way; when I log into it on 'hood view (this hotel is on Twikki island), it gives me the household which is playing. Oh, one last bit of information, from the original 4 guests, one took off during the holiday, when I had formed a "casual group" to take them somewhere else - he took off at the original hotel where they are staying - now he seems to show up again when I load the game, as a part of the original party, but it doesn't seem to alter anything else.

Right now, I'm more or less resigned to the fact that I might have to delete the entire household and/or the hotel, but even then, I'm not sure about how to go about it. I would like to avoid killing them, and would appreciate suggestions. As I said in the beginning, I haven't tried to solve the issue with SimPE, because I am unsure about whether there might be a better solution - and, in all fairness, I am still a bit nervous about doing some coding with it, and any side effects.

I'm sorry about the lenghtly post, but I wanted to present as good/complete a description of the problem as possible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and thanks for the time taken to read this... I really appreciate all the help you can provide!

Elawann
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:01 AM
I would use a teleporter. Like Inge's from simlogical, it looks like a cat statue and you will find it in deco for 0-$1. Load up a house that knows all your sims. If they don't know them all go download phae's phonebook and look up each sims number. Then using the teleporter find each sim and teleport them to the lot one by one. Pause when they show up and use the move in feature. Do the next sim, pause move in until all are there on that lot. Once they are back save. Move them out to the family bin and see if they can rebuy their house. If the house doesn't work you may have to bulldoze it. Once you have them back in the family bin they should be okay to place back in a house.

Never delete sims, every sim you delete is more corruption to your hood.

I would once this is done make a backup and run Hood Checker and see what corruption it can mop up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would use a teleporter. Like Inge's from simlogical, it looks like a cat statue and you will find it in deco for 0-$1. Load up a house that knows all your sims. If they don't know them all go download phae's phonebook and look up each sims number. Then using the teleporter find each sim and teleport them to the lot one by one. Pause when they show up and use the move in feature. Do the next sim, pause move in until all are there on that lot. Once they are back save. Move them out to the family bin and see if they can rebuy their house. If the house doesn't work you may have to bulldoze it. Once you have them back in the family bin they should be okay to place back in a house.

Never delete sims, every sim you delete is more corruption to your hood.

I would once this is done make a backup and run Hood Checker and see what corruption it can mop up.

Joandsarah77, as I mentioned in my post, I have already done what you suggest - and using the teleporter I still get the same message of "they're not playing in their home lot and you need to return them home before you can ask them to move in"...

I know deletion causes corruption - when I say that, I mean trying to kill them on holiday or something similar, but even then, I'm not sure that would be possible or cause more corruption, as I don't know what the implications of having sims dead on holiday is, and so I haven't even tried.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:54 AM
Just to be clear: did you teleport them and have a friend ask them to move in, or did you use the move in-option on the teleporter?
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 12:07 PM
Something similar happened to me once upon a time. I can't remember the specifics, but in general I created a motel inside Pleasantview basically so one romance sim, married, could woohoo all her lovers outside her house. Thing is I used sex rug , and once upon a time the sex rug still demanded that the second sim should be selectable to join in the first. So I left insimenator on my motel lot, so I could make the townies selectable for woohooing my romance sim. Something went bad at some point, and in the end I had the same result as you: the lot where my sim lived was unplayable, supposedly because the family was in vacation, and my motel couldn't be visited or altered.

I can't remember if I used only insimenator to fix or if I used both insimenator AND simblender: but in general lines I summoned all sims residents on the house of my romance sim, in a house of other sim. Then I added them to the household. After that I moved them out normally, back to their original house.

And never again I make selectable whoever is on hotel lots.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 1:25 PM
I don't see where you said you tried a teleporter, but there is a lot of text. I am not talking about force error.

If the teleporter cat doesn't work try Christianlov's transport mirror. This temporarily moves sims in when you bring them. It's a little more complicated in that one of the sim will show as being 'the family they are from' once you find and select them it will ask you to select one of the sims in that family and once you have them selected you select the destination family. Then try the move in option again. http://modthesims.info/d/288005

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 1:26 PM
The easiest way to fix that is with SimPe, open the downtown where they live and note the Instance number of the lot they live in, then open their family in the primary neighbourhood and set the value of Now On Lot: to that value.
In game you can as Jo suggested teleport them into another family, from there you can use a computer to move the family out into the sim bin. Use the familyfunds cheat to enable them to buy back their old home and they can usually be moved back in as if nothing had happened. After that you probably should open Twikki Island and bulldoze, and replace the Hotel.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 2:14 PM
Also ... and this might be overkill ... I like to back up my hood before sending Sims on a vacation. I've had a couple of mishaps with BV.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:25 PM
I had a similar thing happen. In my case, however, the couple couldn't check in at the hotel or go anywhere or do anything. I tried to let them starve just to end it. But, they just stood there pointing at their stomachs for days. The transport didn't come to take them home. Finally, I used Christianlov's transporter mirror to move them in with another family.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 5:30 PM Last edited by Elawann : 19th Jan 2018 at 7:13 PM.
Hi again!

First of all, thanks for all the replies and suggestions, I have never known that hotels could be so tricky to play, but as they say, learn by experience.

To make things clear, concerning the teleporter - I used the cat, I haven't tried the mirror. What I did was teleport the sims into a friend's house (assuming they needed a high enough relationship with this other sim to have the "propose: move in" option available), and so the sim who asked them to move in was the same one who "activated" the teleporter. When the friend/neighbour who teleported them asked the stuck sims to move in, the game gave me the message that they weren't at their home lot and so couldn't move in.

Just so I understand the main difference between using SimPE and doing the teleport: if I use the teleport and manage to move them out, the lot they used to live in will be empty (i.e. unfurnished), or, in any case, in a state prior to them buying it? And if I use SimPE, it will simply return them to their home, right? I'm trying to assess what might be the best - and safest - option, so bear with me and my walls of text.

Update and important question: After pondering pros and cons, I have decided to use SimPE to try to unstuck the sims. I've just typed the number of their "Lot instance" into the "Now on Lot". But I have one additional question: on the Vacation Lot, I get the same code that I had on the "Now on Lot", which I assume to be the hotel they're stuck in. Should I also change that number - given it's a hotel, and not an owned vacation lot?

Thanks again, and I'm starting to think I do need to do backups more frequently - I'll definitely think twice when I send them on holiday now...