Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Self-Configurable Autonomy Mod (SCAMv6)

by scumbumbo Posted 11th Nov 2017 at 1:22 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2019 at 7:47 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Game Patch 1.51.75

216 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:32 AM
This seems easier than having to install 10+ "no auto___" mods (and tracking them all down if they break), so thank you. I assume that it can disable anything? Even getting a glass of water or smashing the dollhouse? It'll be very useful either way. I didn't like how, even with autonomy completely off, my Sims would still wander off and do things on their own. Oh, and what about the welcome wagon or socializing with strangers? Those are the most frustrating.

Anyway, thank you very much.
I just have one more question: If I disable autonomy for various actions in a single household, then will those settings carry over to any other households I play? Or, will I need to configure the autonomy settings every time? Thanks again!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:41 AM Last edited by chicvibe : 11th Nov 2017 at 3:09 AM.
ermagerd!! I can't wait to try this one out.

So far so awesome. Thank you so much!!
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:41 AM
Will this conflict with MC Command Center? He's Mod has some setting to turn autonomy off as-well.
Deceased
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ImmortallyFalling
This seems easier than having to install 10+ "no auto___" mods (and tracking them all down if they break), so thank you. I assume that it can disable anything? Even getting a glass of water or smashing the dollhouse?

Your welcome, hope you find it useful. It should be able to disable anything that is autonomous, but if memory serves the welcome wagon is somewhat different - it's a situation, which would not be able to be disabled by this mod.

Turning off the get a glass of water and troll the forums were the first two things I turned off, so far it seems to be working great. Forgot about the smashing dollhouse I'll have to add that, won't even need to exit the game to do so. I'm loving this mod myself, lol

The configuration is saved and loaded for all households, and affects NPC sims as well as played sims. So if you turn off letting children play on a piece of park equipment, all children will stop playing on it, not just the ones in your current household. Like I said, pretty much like any other no autonomy mod, just a simple switch only done in a script and a saved configuration file rather than having to edit and override every XML file (which is very prone to producing a mod conflict).
Deceased
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
Will this conflict with MC Command Center? He's Mod has some setting to turn autonomy off as-well.

It shouldn't conflict with MCCC, but the two mods might get into an argument about who is in control. I've been thinking of contacting Deaderpool to see if he wants to integrate this into MCCC. I have no clue if he'd be interested in that, but it seems to me like it would be a good fit for that mod.

(I have MCCC installed as well, it's a must-have mod after all)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:23 AM
AWESOME! I love that you can use this on so many things! Great work as always!
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:37 AM
Default Please
Someone know if the mod will conflict with the MC coomand mod?
Instructor
#9 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:49 AM
will this conflict with the autonomous gardening mod that makes sims only with plant sim trait to auto garden?

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:59 AM
I just downloaded this mod, but I must say that the acronym "SCAM" is a bit unnerving....
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
It shouldn't conflict with MCCC, but the two mods might get into an argument about who is in control. I've been thinking of contacting Deaderpool to see if he wants to integrate this into MCCC. I have no clue if he'd be interested in that, but it seems to me like it would be a good fit for that mod.

(I have MCCC installed as well, it's a must-have mod after all)

Seems like a good plan to me!

Appreciate the work you put in here. This looks like the kind of thing that'd come in handy not just for current gameplay, but for potential future situations where something ends up overtuned.

♫ Improvising into a corner ♫
♫ No rhyme or rhythm in this verse cause I'm in a corner ♫
Deceased
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tulioviedo
Someone know if the mod will conflict with the MC coomand mod?

Not in any serious way. Since MC Command Center applies any autonomy settings at startup, this mod will see all of the autonomy the way MCCC has set it up. Take for instance disabling the "hug" autonomy. After disabling the hug action in MCCC (and then restarting) the choice to change it no longer shows up in SCAM. As far as this mod is concerned, the game default for hug is not autonomous and so it can't be turned on.

On the flip side of the coin, if MCCC is used to make a previously non autonomous action have autonomy, the choice to disable it will be available in this mod, but unless you change it in SCAM the action will remain autonomous.

In short - MCCC goes first and allows changing the autonomy of a good number of pre-defined actions and groups of actions. After that, this mod can be used to fine tune specific autonomous actions not covered by MCCC in an almost infinitely configurable manner (and without a restart).
Deceased
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim
will this conflict with the autonomous gardening mod that makes sims only with plant sim trait to auto garden?

It won't conflict with it - this mod will never turn off something autonomous without you asking it to first and it will not change any additional conditions applied to autonomous actions. So if the mod changes gardening autonomy to only allow sims with the plant trait to auto garden then that rule will remain in effect. What this mod will allow you to do is turn off specific parts of autonomous gardening, so that autonomous weeding (for instance) is never done - if you so choose. But if you don't turn it off, this mod won't touch it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:33 AM
Thank you for this fabulous job. It's good to find you.
* It's nice to know that you can have control over trivial things. Yesterday, I just saw little quirks coming back into the game, the autonomy comes and goes, I can take some control over targeted interactions, it's really great, thank you again.
Deceased
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkWitch1999
I just downloaded this mod, but I must say that the acronym "SCAM" is a bit unnerving....

Hehe, yeah, maybe an unfortunate acronym. I went back on forth on changing the name so it wasn't SCAM and finally decided what the heck.

Important thing to remember is that the mod is not A scam, it just plain is SCAM.

Maybe it would help to put periods into the name, like S.C.A.M. ?
Deceased
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Triplis
Seems like a good plan to me!

Appreciate the work you put in here. This looks like the kind of thing that'd come in handy not just for current gameplay, but for potential future situations where something ends up overtuned.

That's what I'm hoping for my own game. All of my mods are built for me and I just share them.

I likely will contact Deaderpool, although if memory serves when I first started working on this (nearly two years ago, gosh I've been away a long time) I approached him with my findings and ideas and he was already working on much the same thing but wasn't interested in the fine-grained approach I was suggesting for this mod for the very reason I mention in the warning in the mod description - turn off the wrong thing and stuff might not work right. But since I've made it not require a restart it makes it easy to fix things if needed, and from what I've seen, safely.

In one of my tests I turned off all the food-related autonomy on the lot and let a sim get near to starvation. Finally turned the get snack action on the fridge back on and a few moments later they were off to get some peas, like "Oh yeah, that's what that cold box is for!"
Theorist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:15 AM
Are... Are you a god?

Finally I can put the 'live streaming for everyone' mod back in! It was killing me that all sims would do nothing in their lives but constantly live stream games no-matter their traits at all times of the day to the exclusion of most other activities. @_@ thank you oh mighty one.

EDIT:
Hehe, yeah, maybe an unfortunate acronym. I went back on forth on changing the name so it wasn't SCAM and finally decided what the heck.

And don't pretend this was an accident! You know as well as we do it was an intentional backronym! xD
Deceased
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:17 AM
Just made a minor update, there were some missing string tables in the package file. If you were a non-EN user and seeing numbers instead of words on the buttons and dialogs this should fix that. There's no translations yet, so it will be English but at least useable.
Instructor
#19 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:51 AM
It won't conflict with it - this mod will never turn off something autonomous without you asking it to first and it will not change any additional conditions applied to autonomous actions. So if the mod changes gardening autonomy to only allow sims with the plant trait to auto garden then that rule will remain in effect. What this mod will allow you to do is turn off specific parts of autonomous gardening, so that autonomous weeding (for instance) is never done - if you so choose. But if you don't turn it off, this mod won't touch it.

awesome

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:03 AM
Wow! Since day one of this game, I've wanted something like this in order to create a more dynamic game play experience. This is just fantastic, and I can't wait to give it a try. I just want to say thank you for creating, and sharing this mod! =D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:04 AM
This looks amazing! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:42 AM
I've always wanted a mod like this. So annoyed when my sims keep going to the computer. Thank You!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:18 AM
Wow! I hope this mod stays availabe separate from the MCCC as I don´t use that. Great work and awesome to see you back on new projects!
Deceased
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rwinrich
I've always wanted a mod like this. So annoyed when my sims keep going to the computer. Thank You!

That's annoying yes - but the one that seemed to annoy me the most and make me want to finish this mod is the getting a glass of water from the sink every 2 or 3 minutes! For those who are also annoyed by that one, it's one of those action names that doesn't sound like what it does - to turn off drinking from the sink disable "sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously".
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 10:09 AM
This is the mod to end all autonomous mod! I love it so much thank you <3
Page 1 of 9