Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 4:25 PM
Default Blocking The Pit
I was playing the family crest quest with my knight and when it got time to kill the dignitary they took forever to walk up to the pit of judgement. Once they finally did the dignitary and constable just froze infront of the plank. I waited for a long time to see if they would move but they haven't even why I try talking to them. I decided to end the quest since I couldn't go any further with it, and now every time I start a new quest the dignitary is still standing in front of the pit when I need to use it. Has anyone else experienced this or have someone block the plank to the pit? Is there anyway to get rid of the dignitary and constable?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 5:55 PM
i had my queen get pregnant 3 times and she gave birth. now no matter how hard i try she can't get pregnant again!(i wanted a girl but only got boys). i tried different partners, and when that didn't work, i tried a different woman and it still won't work. help please?

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lynn012
I was playing the family crest quest with my knight and when it got time to kill the dignitary they took forever to walk up to the pit of judgement. Once they finally did the dignitary and constable just froze infront of the plank. I waited for a long time to see if they would move but they haven't even why I try talking to them. I decided to end the quest since I couldn't go any further with it, and now every time I start a new quest the dignitary is still standing in front of the pit when I need to use it. Has anyone else experienced this or have someone block the plank to the pit? Is there anyway to get rid of the dignitary and constable?

My wife is having this exact same problem, someone on yahoo answers is too.... Can't find anything about this elsewhere though, and I have not gotten that far in my game yet. This is with the newest patch.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:27 AM
1. In the quest where the monarch trades places with the jester, my monarch got sent to the stocks. I got him out and had seen the quest say I had to talk to someone. I had misread it, so I thought it meant to talk to the guy that was in the stocks next to me, so I set him free. Turns out I was supposed to talk to some other sim, and then set the guy free. So my quest couldn't progress because I did this in the wrong order. I was able to easily fix it by re-sending the guy to the stocks (he continued standing next to the stocks anyway) and then releasing him.

2. My bard was on a quest about book burning, and I wanted him to marry one of the peasants. I got them engaged in the forest and afterward, I tried to have them get married. However, both his fiance and some random peasant kept fighting for his attention. Any interaction he tried to do with either of them (such as kiss his fiance or be mean to the other peasant) continued to get canceled because these 2 kept trying to interact with him at the same time and canceling the other interactions. I could only get him out of this loop by making him go to another area.

These are the only 2 bugs I've encountered, though I'm not sure if they're bugs or gameplay flaws..
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 1:05 AM
I'm getting game crashing and strange going out of the game into windows. This may be my computer's fault since it's so old and the graphics card isn't so great.

There are some weird black spots that appear on the create a sim mode when zoomed out but it disappears when you get closer for the details.

I've also had weird interaction loops caused by 3 sims cancelling each other's actions and going round in a caught action.

My weirdest one I've found is definitely program error since the Baker's wife Rose is called Rolf and has a full beard. He/She still gives their NPC dialogue as if they're the intended female when they're obviously male. In Quest dialogue is for Rose but in the village Rose is obviously a Rolf.

I've just recently had a blue screen of death, which will loose all my progress on a quest I've started. Again, this may be my graphics so I'm lowering it to see if that helps.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mz-D

My weirdest one I've found is definitely program error since the Baker's wife Rose is called Rolf and has a full beard. He/She still gives their NPC dialogue as if they're the intended female when they're obviously male. In Quest dialogue is for Rose but in the village Rose is obviously a Rolf.

WTF???! this is the weirdest bug i've ever heard of.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Instructor
#57 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:27 AM
Quote:
rcranger9 said:

i had my queen get pregnant 3 times and she gave birth. now no matter how hard i try she can't get pregnant again!(i wanted a girl but only got boys). i tried different partners, and when that didn't work, i tried a different woman and it still won't work. help please?

According to the game guide, you may only have 2 children at once. So you're lucky, and glitched, to have had 3.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#58 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:39 AM
ok, I got a weird one. when my kingdom loads everything but the icons is black. if i go to live mode it is the same. If i try to quit or go to menu, the game locks up. I tried restarting a couple of times, no luck. I was gonna give up but realized I could try changing the graphics settings, but when I started the game it worked fine.
Page 3 of 3