Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 7:59 PM
Default How much counts as significant change when uploading a mod?
See, I've never really had rules to abide by or standards to live up to since I hoard my mods all to myself. Recently, though, I've started using this forum more and I wanna try my hand at giving back, but I don't know how much change qualifies as significant, especially since the mod itself is pretty simple.

There's a mesh/decorative object in World Adventures of a scroll and parchment, but they're not available in buy mode, even under buydebug. I've seen mods on here that give access to hidden objects like this, but... I don't know how to do that. I just straight up clone the objects with S3OC and run them through TSRW to add extra tweaks.

In the case for my "Worldly Scrolls," I added two texture variants: one to make it a blank parchment, and another with a cool chinese dragon and text ripped from a men's toilet sign I found through google images. But adding textures doesn't seem like it'd count for a significant change, and it's not like it took me a long time to do.

... I do think they look pretty cool, though ;P
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:37 PM
I think they'll give you the benefit of the doubt; it's just a minor item but it wasn't available at all beforehand. I wasn't even aware it existed, personally. That, plus the fact that you made it more usable should be enough to get it approved.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 4:02 AM
Just a btw those Chinese characters actually mean "the disabled's toilet"...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Just a btw those Chinese characters actually mean "the disabled's toilet"...

That's even better! Thanks, haha
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 3:22 AM
I believe generally you can't offer items cloned from store or EP objects. You may want to ask this question directly to the MTS staff on Create>Creator Forums>Creator Issues. Good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 12:41 PM
Assuming it's unmodified, of course. And it's also possible to configure objects to only show up if the user has the original installed.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
And it's also possible to configure objects to only show up if the user has the original installed.

That is what I was thinking/wondering also. I tried to download a redo of the pets register once and it would not install. Forgot I did not have the EA one in my game at the time. Put the EA one in and then it would install.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
it's also possible to configure objects to only show up if the user has the original installed.

You wouldn't happen to know where I could learn to do that? Tutorial video/previous thread/etc? It sounds like what I'm looking for!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:48 AM
You can search for a tutorial or ask a question here: Create>Sims 3 Creation>Modding discussion http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=547

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo