Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 3:54 AM Last edited by Cuniculosa : 28th Feb 2013 at 6:07 PM. Reason: updating table of contents
Default Cuniculosa's CC&C
Full title: Cuniculosa's custom content and conversions and oh god the alliteration's become sentient send help

Anyway, I've been fiddling around with a couple cosmetic mods, and I'll be posting them in this thread.

Table of Contents:
Page 1
JulieAlesha's Link hair converted for Medieval
Judgement skin
Lipstick
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 4:30 AM Last edited by Cuniculosa : 24th Feb 2013 at 3:35 AM. Reason: Put image in the body of the message
Default Link hair converted and resized for medieval
Link's hair for sims medieval
With JulieAlesha's blessing, I'm proud to present her Link hair converted for sims medieval! I've resized the hair to the right scale for medieval sims, and taken out the fourth channel since medieval hairs only have three channels. The hair's open to adults of any profession.

Thanks to:
JulieAlesha! It's her work, I just tweaked it to work with medieval. Here's the original- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=423726
Cmomoney's simgeom blender tools
Velocitygrass' medieval casp wrapper S3PE
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TSMedLinkHairJulieAlesha.package.zip (1.06 MB, 615 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 5:06 AM
This is very awesome! Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 5:31 AM Last edited by Cuniculosa : 7th Feb 2013 at 5:36 AM. Reason: forgot to attach files
Default Judgement beast skin
Judgement beast skin

How come the standard sims games seem to have more supernatural sims than the fairytale era game? Hmm? Well, it bugged me a bit, so I've been working on a scaly electric blue skintone, complete with a scaly face and back and some dark bony protrusions here and there. Unfortunately, the skin replaces one of the base game skins- in this case the middle right one, so sims who happen to have that skintone will turn blue. The blemish slider affects how scaly the sim's face is. I've also experimented with extra muscletone and wrinkles on the elbows and knees. I might go back and revise the muscletone a bit later. Other than that, the skin's the same as the basegame skins.

The contacts used in the screenshots are all flajko's pure eyes, as converted by ChickieTeeta.

Programs used: S3PE Photoshop
XnView for dds conversion
Mono for running S3PE
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CuniculosaJudgementskin.package.zip (2.27 MB, 920 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 6:40 PM
Cool, just the blue-skin I was looking for. Thanks, and for the hair too (never too much hair). Where do I find Cmomoney's simgeom blender tools which you used on the hair?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
Cool, just the blue-skin I was looking for. Thanks, and for the hair too (never too much hair). Where do I find Cmomoney's simgeom blender tools which you used on the hair?

This thread!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 7:24 PM
Thank you, I have been wanting this tool.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 3:47 AM Last edited by Cuniculosa : 28th Feb 2013 at 3:48 AM. Reason: Added image to body of post
Default Lipstick
Lipstick!

This lipstick has three recolorable channels and a little extra shine, because it's based on Daluved1's kiss me baby lipgloss. It's much more versatile and opaque than the game's lipstick. One channel controls the upper lip and a little of the lower lip, one controls the rest of the lower lip, and another controls a highlight on the lower lip, so you can make it more or less shiny. The faces are shaped a bit differently from sims3 sims, so the dds files (texture, channels) are my own work.

Useable by any profession, lasses or lads- after a lot of trial and error I've got it lined up nicely on the ladies, but I decided to toggle it for guys too for those who really want to recreate Damodar of the infamous blue lips (I may or may not be one of those people). It doesn't line up quite right on them, particularly when it spills over the upper lip a bit, but it's workable.

Credits:
Daluved1 for the original lipstick and permission to post this!

Programs used:
S3PE, Mono (running S3PE), XnView (DDS conversion), Photoshop
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  dallipglossmed.package.zip (161.7 KB, 4105 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 10:56 PM
Default Skintone Thmbnails
Has anyone located where the thmbnails used for the skintones in CAS are located and what the files are named? I have looked through all the fullbuild and deltabuild packages a number of times but have not found them. I presume that since they do not change when skintones are modded there must be a separate file or files someplace.

I have a skintone package all made except for this part and want to make it complete before I post it.

I am attaching a screenshot (it is sideways) to better show what I am looking for.
Screenshots
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 12:08 AM
@Cuniculosa...thanks for the lipstick, there's a nice bloodstained effect that can be got using the color channel that the shine is on.

@Silverprinz...My best guess is that they're hiding in one of the thumbnail packages, you may spend a long time looking for them though, I searched for something in there a few months back and the one in the main tsm directory is huge...and, handily, none of the thumbnails are named :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cuniculosa
Judgement beast skin

How come the standard sims games seem to have more supernatural sims than the fairytale era game? Hmm? Well, it bugged me a bit, so I've been working on a scaly electric blue skintone, complete with a scaly face and back and some dark bony protrusions here and there. Unfortunately, the skin replaces one of the base game skins- in this case the middle right one, so sims who happen to have that skintone will turn blue. The blemish slider affects how scaly the sim's face is. I've also experimented with extra muscletone and wrinkles on the elbows and knees. I might go back and revise the muscletone a bit later. Other than that, the skin's the same as the basegame skins.

The contacts used in the screenshots are all flajko's pure eyes, as converted by ChickieTeeta.

Programs used: S3PE Photoshop
XnView for dds conversion
Mono for running S3PE

----
I took some liberties with your Judgement Beast skin, and made a version of it in combination with tummyza's more hairy skins. I am running it as part of my skins package in my game, and since in the process of making that package I fixed some problems I found in General Durandal's skins; I posted the whole package in his thread. I do thank you for your excellent work, without which I could not have done what I did. I mention this also, because I do not want you to think I am jacking your property and I do hope that what I have done is acceptable. Cheers!
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 5:42 AM
I can hardly breathe these are so amazing! (Not meaning to necro just compliment and thank :D)
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 7:26 AM
Actually, I have a question regarding those lipsticks: I see different skin tones and Drow-like skin tones but I'm not finding them anywhere. Sorry to post this here but I'm curious if you could direct me where I could acquire Drow/Elven-like skin tones? Don't get me wrong, the lipsticks will look greatly on any skin tone but it would be neat to have skin tones that match, you know? Any help would be appreciated, thank you. <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:47 AM
Alright, a couple notes if anyone's still here-
Since I'm doing all this on a mac and I don't have sims3, I haven't gotten the casp cloner to work. The upshot is that the mods I've made are piggybacking a little off sims3 mods as far as casp data goes, with medieval conversions and the textures and models replaced. I have a couple other cosmetic mods finished. Would anyone be interested if I posted the raw textures as resources so people can package the mods for themselves?
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 1:32 PM
While my texture modding skill hovers close to zero, I have Sims 3 and a PC. I can provide Sims 3 items and do CASP cloning if it helps you?

Also, idk if it's the right approach, but I like publishing things that I like, regardless of whether or not there is a target audience :P