Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#651 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I think I've only seen a 3 bolt attraction before...

I'm pretty sure we've all seen 3 bolt attraction; it's not that rare, in general. It's just that some sims are more difficult to find 3LB mates for, because of having difficult sign/aspiration combinations. I find that makes the game interesting, though, and the only things I'll typically change when trying to affect chemistry is appearance (hats, glasses, makeup, etc) or TOs. I've got one sad, lonely sim in Four Corners-Bitville who's yet to meet an appropriate sim with 3LB attraction; he has met a sim with 3LB, but she's already part of a poly quad he'd have no interest in joining.

I don't really think it would be for "a woman's honor", considering it is Alexander who kisses Lucy

If Buck thinks Lucy wasn't a fully willing participant or that Alexander manipulated her in any way, that would be exactly what "for a woman's honour" is supposed to mean.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#652 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 8:38 AM
I get lots of three bolt attractions, even without planning it. To plan it, all you need to do is study Cyjon's analysis of how chemistry works and make your choices accordingly. ( http://www.cyjon.net/node/86) In the end, though, love can create boltage where there is none. I've seen one bolters turn into two-bolters before my eyes during a good date. And then there's the fact that not all elements are stable, as many turn-ons (unemployed, hard worker, hats and hair colors, skill points) change with time.

I appear not to have understood the intended motivation for the fight. I assumed that the reason for hitting Alexander would be that Alex kissed Lucy against her will; in which case, that is exactly what fighting for a woman's honor would be about. If it's just jealousy I don't see the point of it at all.

In the end, you have to play the way that's fun for you. If it were me, I'd let Lucy make up her mind who she wanted, and let the fights emerge from the characters. Always leave yourself room for a Better Idea. You needn't be in any rush to pair Lucy up. Maybe she'll meet a nice butch girl who could fight for her, if it came to that...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#653 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
love can create boltage where there is none. I've seen one bolters turn into two-bolters before my eyes during a good date.

I've moved a brand new couple in only to be disappointed that their chemistry isn't as high as I'd hoped/expected it would be..and then low and behold, they interact and it jumps to the next level.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Maybe she'll meet a nice butch girl who could fight for her, if it came to that...

Hey now, a girl doesn't have to be particular butch to hold her own in a fight.
Top Secret Researcher
#654 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:02 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 6th Oct 2018 at 12:20 PM.
@lordtyger9
You use those things to get 3 bolts? I thought it actually occured to other people naturally. I think I've only seen a 3 bolt attraction before...
@Peni Griffin
I don't really think it would be for "a woman's honor", considering it is Alexander who kisses Lucy, but I guess I'll see when Buck ages up and the two meet.

@sugoisama I usually use The Sim Modder for most of it and The Sim Blender for the few times that I change the Zodiac of a Sim.

In the game the Sim's Aspiration vis a vis the other Sim as well as their mutual turn ons and turn offs make a difference.

What I do is I choose Sims who match each other wel to start withl and then sometimes I change their Aspirations and sometimes I change turn ons and turn offs to get the best match. Once in a while if I have a story line where I want to have a particular match I might change their Zodiac.

For example I have Lilith Pleasant and Dirk Dreamer. If I have Lilith set as a Fortune Sim and Dirk set as a Knowledge Sim they have two bolts. If I make one change and set Dirk to be a Fortune Sim they now have three bolts.

Lilith is an Aquarius and does not have a high level of Neatness, so according to the way I play my Sims she is going to be a Family Sim or a Fortune Sim and to me it makes sense to have Lilith be a Fortune Sim. Dirk is a Virgo and I would make him a Knowledge Sim or a Fortune Sim, so if I want him to have three bolts with Lilith he is a Fortune Sim.

I forget what their Turn Ons and Turn Offs are, but they are compatiable.

I hope that my example makes it more clear. I gained my knowledge of this by studying Cyjon's page, check it out for a complete explanation.

Cyjon did a intensive study of Chemistry in the Sims and very kindly shares his expertise here.

I would look at the possible partners including Townies and see if I could find a match with at least two bolts and then if I would see if making a few adjustments would make those two sims have three bolts. It is possible that you might find that there is more than one match with three bolts. I would not include matches with one bolt.

First thing to do if you want to improve a particular match is see what happens if you change the Turn Ons and Turn Off. Then maybe change Aspirations.

Basically you should go to Cyjon's page that Peni and I both reference and then you can adjust the Aspirations if needed and sometimes changing Turn Ons and Turn Off are all that is needed, sometimes the Aspiration make a big difference as in my example.

Then I would pick the match that had the best bolt level. If none of the matches have a decent bolt level I would create a Sim to suit. Hopefully you have several good choices, in that case I would pick the match that you liked best.

Buck may be an excellent match. Also if Buck has feelings for her he might be much more aggressive in defending her than you would otherwise expect.

I would not rule anything out in advance and like I noted above Chemistry is Mutuable and three bolts is not really hard to achieve if you change a few things around especially the Turn Ons and Turn Off.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#655 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 11:24 PM
It's not about a story, as such, but I do have a bit of a dilemma regarding the 'hood set-up for a Strangetown/Widespot combo 'hood that I've been toying with.

Very brief backstory is that there was a failed rocket launch at Strangetown military base about 20 sim-days ago, which killed, injured and/or traumatised a lot of sims, both military and otherwise. Many sims moved away from the area, leaving behind empty homes, unoccupied shops and a mostly-abandoned military base, as SimNation's military operations relocated to Bigg City.

But recently the powers-that-be decided that Strangetown military base should be made useful again and have partially reopened the base as, primarily, a military training college. Several military households have moved (back) to the area, which may also help to regenerate Strangetown itself.

My dilemma is as follows. In my game I have military service - all males who don't attend college spend a week in the military, which puts them at risk of death/disability each time they go to work. But I can't decide whether to have the sims doing military service - which is active service, not training - based in Strangetown or in Bigg City. What kind of active servicey things could they be doing if they were based in Strangetown? And if I do have them living in Strangetown, should they be housed in a separate barracks or in a combined barracks with the officers-in-training (YA's studying Military Studies) and the unmarried junior officers?

All thoughts on the matter are appreciated!
Mad Poster
#656 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:39 AM
Lots of active duty things to do at a training facility. Permanent staff will be mostly engaged in training, maintenance, support, or administration; and the chance of death or disability will be low unless the training has a higher than usual irreducible risk. Somebody has to work on the planes, maintain and keep track of the motor pool, staff the BX and Commissary, etc.

One military installation is likely to attract others. The location in the desert makes Strangetown a good choice for Research & Development and testing new tech. The clear atmosphere also favors jobs involving long-range sensors and detection of high-altitude threats. If it has a training focus it may train in more and more different things over the years, since it's easier to add to an existing classroom/training ground infrastructure than to start a new one. It seems like every single time my father was sent TDY to learn something new, he went to Biloxi, MS, regardless of what he was learning.

That said, Bigg City will have better infrastructure and be a more attractive location for many military purposes than Strangetown will. Large military hospitals, R&D that doesn't involve devices that pose a significant danger to the public or to national security, cryptoanalysis, actual command centers, etc., are more likely to be situated in cities, where the military won't have to supply all the housing, private contractors are more readily accessible, and social life doesn't have to be focused on the base. So, speaking as a military brat living in a military town, I'd decide what a soldier's specialty is and house those who aren't directly involved in Strangetown's special functions live in Bigg City, possibly in civilian housing.

As for military housing - you don't house officers and men together, or active duty and trainees together, unless you have a space shortage; and then you'd maintain as much spatial distinction as possible. Trainees will have a more traditional barracks arrangement, since training is by definition a temporary duty assignment, while active duty service may be housed in a dorm, apartments, single-family residences, or turned loose to find their own housing off base, depending on their status and the resources available. Officers, obviously, get nicer housing than enlisted men, and sometimes it's very nice indeed!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#657 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
What kind of active servicey things could they be doing if they were based in Strangetown?

Patrols! Okay, first, let me say that I have nowhere near Peni's knowledge and real life experience on the subject. But I do have pages of ideas/rulesets for TS2, including a military section in my Ridiculously Long List of Build A Town Rules and I have rather detailed guides on setting up mafias/gangs, creature factions/clans, establishing a chain of command, and going to war. Sadly, I've yet to actually be in a position to test them all, but maybe it'd be help to share ideas?

So the purpose of my military is to "protect any settlement from invasion by foreign creatures," with foreign creatures being anything from inhabitants of a foreign nation/city state to supernatural creatures to a fictional gnome army. Or anyone the Mayor or General declares to be an enemy of the hood, really. Military sims--I lean toward smaller scale, so all military sims, regardless of rank would be on one lot in my hood--would follow a training & operations schedule, and then 2-3 times per week, go on patrol to keep the peace. Ideally the military always has targets, even if they're not openly at war, and while on patrol (in small, manageable groups of 2-3 sims) they would look for troublemakers, known criminals, and of course, the "dreaded" supernaturals. If an enemy is spotted, military sims will fight the enemy sim; if victorious, I have rules on when to capture vs kill an enemy--pretty much every type of sim except zombies have a chance for survival or escape. (Zombies are always killed by my military. They take the apocalypse very seriously.) Anyway, if the sim loses, then the rest of the patrol can take a turn to fight, rpg style. I get a little involved in my notes; there's chances for escape, for being killed in battle, and even on how to spot a supernatural (to make it fair, a creature has to be "visible" or, if they have no revealing skin tone, use their powers/flash their wand around, etc.) Same can be done with the police, too, though police would probably be more inclined to capture and jail enemies and be more worried about finding criminals than supernaturals. I also have rules on who gets to be General and how the General has to fight to maintain his or her status, but I'm not sure how relevant that is. And of course when I play the supernaturals they have chances and rules for being aggressive and starting wars, capturing hostages, or brokering for peace, going into hiding, etc.

And wow, I can't believe I summed up all my lore in just one paragraph for once! Anyway, when I came up with my initial ideas, it was mainly as a part of an integrated hood scenario where I was looking for practical ways to play out each sim career. Training and then patrolling are pretty simple to do, I think. But now, after some more thought, there are other areas to go into. Consider all the military does in real life, not just in active fighting zones. The military often administers aid to foreign countries and, in the case of the national guard & coast guard, provides emergency services as well. So you could totally set up one base as R&D, using it as a home for all the occult research & top secret, Area 51 type stuff. Like maybe the Strangetown base is trying to make a Captain Simerica super soldier or something, and all the grunts there are being used for experiments that have a chance for turning them into some kind of mutant creature. Or, you know, maybe it's just science & technology stuff and everyone is building robots. Another base could be more of a ROTC like program to train doctors, lawyers, etc. And, if you plan to implement any disasters in your hood, maybe the military provides emergency services & shelters and runs things like soup kitchens and charities, mixing in regular military duties with Red Cross and Salvation Army services.

As for who should be housed where, well, for me it's not so much a question of who would realistically be put where, but how many households do you want to play. Only you know how big of a hood is too big and how many sims are just too many. Personally, I'd start small and group everyone in the military together to keep the rotation list short. That doesn't mean you have to house officers with grunts, however; you could make dummy apartments where you build several housing units on one residential lot. Or, conversely, you could make the training base a community lot that gets played when you play your General or Mayor. Military sims could then live where ever, and just report for duty when it's time for the base to be played. That also might be a good option if playing large households all the time gets overwhelming and starts to become more about housekeeping and motive upkeep rather than military training.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#658 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 7:12 AM
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I guess it's not the worst. I'm brainstorming a new idea for a hood/challenge, and I'm making up more poetic/medieval sounding titles for the Hobby Iconics. Games Iconic is "Gambler," Science Iconic is "Alchemist," Nature Iconic is "Ranger," Music & Dance Iconic is "Troubadour," etc. I've got something I like for every Iconic but the Cuisine one, which is where I'm completely stumped. Can't simply be the "Chef" because there are at least two NPCs with very similar titles already (Restaurant Chef, Cafeteria Chef) and each is going to have a role in the story/challenge, where the Hobby Iconics are going to take on the role of "overseers" of sorts to other NPCs, so the Cuisine Iconic will "outrank" the Restaurant and Cafeteria Chefs (as well as the Bartender and Barista). Cuisine Iconic needs something unique that suggests a sort of important status and suits the feel I'm trying to create. Best I could come up with is "Critic," but it feels far too general.
Lab Assistant
#659 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:04 AM
connoisseur perhaps?
Mad Poster
#660 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by existerande
connoisseur perhaps?

OMG, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that! /head-desk
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#661 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:35 PM
I married my Sim Kaedyn to Prof Vincent McClellan from the university. I did it kind of on a whim, vaguely intending her to be a gold digging stripper who lured him in. Anyway, turns out he's broke (although she was gifted two expensive statues by her BFF/boss at the strip club to sell for cash so they're doing ok) and I'm just not really feeling the whole gold digger storyline I impulsively jumped into. Right now, they've sold the statues so I can move them into a bigger apartment because they're about to have their first baby. Where should I take their story now?
Mad Poster
#662 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 4:46 PM
So she tried to be a golddigger and failed. First question to ask yourself: Was it because she fell in love, or because the Professor lied to her? Either way, what does she learn from this experience?

Second question: Why did the Professor quit his job to marry a stripper? Is it a midlife crisis? Was he going to be fired anyway? Was he head over heels and not thinking clearly? Did he think she had more money than she does, or did he see possibilities in her skillset that could be exploited into a life of leisure for him?

Third question: How does each of them feel about this oncoming baby? If one of them has a baby want, lock it. If one of them has a baby fear, lock that. If neither, then wait till the baby is born and observe how they behave toward it and what their initial relationship with them is.

Now, put the answers to these questions together and how do the people you've just fleshed out some more proceed from here? Do they knuckle down to strive for an honest living and the best life for the child? Does one of them run out of the relationship? Do they put their heads together and cynically decide to form an us-against-the-world team that does its best to con everyone they meet? Look at their personalities, their overall goals (LTWs and aspirations), their established habits, and their interpersonal dynamic. If one is clearly dominant over the other, that opens up one set of possibilities; if they function as an equal team, that's another; and if they seem to be constantly pulling in different directions, that opens up another.

By the time you reach this point, you'll probably have an idea of where you want to take them, and then it only remains to be seen if they will consent to go there. Remember, all plans are tentative and none survive the first encounter with the sims! So be prepared to roll with the punches.

Mad Poster
#663 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 1:41 AM
I've combined the separated beginning ancestors for the Pleasant family (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579829) with the empty version of the Pleasntly Thriving Hood (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=560205) I'm mostly trying to follow the family tree but had an unexpected issue. Benjamin and Susan Burb had unexpected Twins. Brad Burb (John Burbs father) has an unexpected twin sister I named Anne. The Ruggbyrne's (Coral's parents Coral is Mary Sue Pleasant's mother) keep rolling wants for a baby. After they had Coral they keep rolling wants for a baby. I've been ignoring them, but now that Anne has been born, I'm trying to decide if I should let the darn Family Sims have as many kids as they want or try to keep to the original family trees as much as possible.
Mad Poster
#664 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I've combined the separated beginning ancestors for the Pleasant family (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579829) with the empty version of the Pleasntly Thriving Hood (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=560205) I'm mostly trying to follow the family tree but had an unexpected issue. Benjamin and Susan Burb had unexpected Twins. Brad Burb (John Burbs father) has an unexpected twin sister I named Anne. The Ruggbyrne's (Coral's parents Coral is Mary Sue Pleasant's mother) keep rolling wants for a baby. After they had Coral they keep rolling wants for a baby. I've been ignoring them, but now that Anne has been born, I'm trying to decide if I should let the darn Family Sims have as many kids as they want or try to keep to the original family trees as much as possible.

In my version of "beginning of PV" I'm going to try to go for the original pixels that were in the original family trees, but am prepared to adapt to more children if they have twins or better-but I do have the 2 child policy to follow as well. It keeps the neighborhood from exploding into so many families you can't tell who is related to who after a while. There is no set rule that you have to follow the storyline, as Marka himself has said.

Perhaps just playing it by ear would be best. Keeping it within bounds sometimes helps-plus having other rules, such as providing a full college education for all children is a very good idea. Parents usually have problems making enough money to do just one, let alone 3 or more.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#665 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon

I've been playing my beginning of Pleasantview (Plus Bluewater Village) since last years October now. I also have created all the Sims that "canonically" exist (so far, there's still some missing), but have allowed for additonal children from the very start. And I can assure you it's great fun. it feels like playing stories that time forgot.

Maybe decide on a family-by-family basis whether it makes sense for them to have additional children (financial situation, living quarters, etc.) and you might be suprised how closely attached you get to the "non-canon"/additional characters.

Anne's story is all her own, what will she do? Will she marry? Have children? Will John get along with his cousin(s)? If you give let the Ruggbyrnes have additional children...what will Coral's "forgotten" brother(s) and/or sister(s) be like? What mark will they leave on your neighbourhood? Might a potential younger brother of Coral's fall in love with Anne?

In my neighbourhood Brad had (he passed on recently) two younger sisters; Janet and Marjorie, while Coral had an older sister named Gladys. All three of them have led interesting and rich lives and left descendants in the neighbourhood. And one of my favourite Sims among the current population, Andrew Oldie, is Herb's younger brother, married to Bob Newbie (Jr.)'s younger sister and they have 6 children together.

It's really fun.
If you want a justification as to why those characters aren't on the "canon" family trees...well imagine that those family trees are stripped down to the bare minimum, listing only/mostly characters that have direct, playable descendants.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#666 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 10:27 AM
"If you want a justification as to why those characters aren't on the "canon" family trees..."

That they're in an alternate universe/timeline. Where something else happened instead of the 'canon' story line.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#667 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 1:16 PM Last edited by Orilon : 5th Nov 2018 at 2:23 PM. Reason: Added info
I may have to go with the alternate universe/timeline. I was thinking about if the Ruggbyrnes had a boy that Anne got along with, possibly have her marry Coral's possible younger brothers. When I checked the pregnancy scanner for William and Anastasia Marsh it also said twins... It looks like both of John Burb's parents are going to be twins.

Edit to Add: Anastasia gave birth to boy/girl twins. The unexpected twin named Rick, and John Burb's mother named Tiffany.
Alchemist
#668 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 3:15 PM
I want my Pleasantview to look pretty much like it should once I reach 2004 (when TS2 debuted). I'd allow Sims from the earlier generations to have more kids, and I'd allow new transplants* to Pleasantview to have relatives who didn't appear in the family tree, because their relatives would've been left behind in their old town. So, I'd allow Coral's parents to have extra kids, and maybe even allow Coral to have extra kids, but Mary Sue would need to have Lilith and Angela and raise them to teens before any other kids come along. And Coral's non-canon aunts, uncles, siblings and any of their offspring would need to leave/die off by 2004.

*For example, Dina and Nina are new in town at the start of the game, and since Don was romantically involved with Nina as a teen, he probably grew up somewhere else too (I put them in a Desiderata Valley shopping district).
Instructor
#669 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 3:46 PM
Not really 'story advice', but play Beginning Pleasantview as you see fit. Stop pressuring yourself over some fandom canon. If you want to have extra children, it's ok. If you don't, fine. It's your game, play it as you want.

Personally, I'm not allowing my Pleasantview to have extra kids, until the last generation, just as a challenge to myself. I'm having a blast, and my sims are actually getting things done, instead of being busy with raising children all the time.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#670 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 4:09 PM
And actually, if you do play all of the families in Beginning PV, you will have to understand that the 'canon' time line is going to be thrown off course by the fact that all the families are available to play as a first generation-and that everyone will be the same age/generation, instead of staggered as in the PV that was shipped with the game.

That alone makes it an alternative version instead of 'canon' and you will have to adapt to it unless you don't play some families until their roles in the story come up.

Instructor
#671 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
And actually, if you do play all of the families in Beginning PV, you will have to understand that the 'canon' time line is going to be thrown off course by the fact that all the families are available to play as a first generation-and that everyone will be the same age/generation, instead of staggered as in the PV that was shipped with the game.

That alone makes it an alternative version instead of 'canon' and you will have to adapt to it unless you don't play some families until their roles in the story come up.

I realized this very late in my playthrough. I wish I had kept the Bachelors, Brokes, and Matlapin families in the bin, until it was time for them to have children. Now, they're stuck with drinking Exlir of life, so they won't become childless elders.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Theorist
#672 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:14 PM
I kept a lot of families in the bin until it was time for them. I started out with just the Goths and Crumplebottoms at first for a while until it was time for the others. I tried to use Cassandra as the focal point and arrange the ages of the other characters around her. Even so I made a bunch of mistakes (I didn't feel like doing the math) and I'm pretty sure the exact canon version of Pleasantview is impossible withut Elixir of Life (which I don't use). I migiated some stuff while I was playing (I had to skip the Brokes for two rotations so that Skip would be the same age as Brandi because the Newbies got twin boys instead of her) and I decided halfway through that I wanted most of the Bluewater Village families to be younger than the Pleasantview ones.
So now I have a neighbourhood with Dirk Dreamer and Alexander Goth being teens while Angela, Lilith and Dustin have just turned into children.

But it's fun.

Alchemist
#673 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 12:54 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 6th Nov 2018 at 1:06 AM.
"If you want a justification as to why those characters aren't on the "canon" family trees..."

That they're in an alternate universe/timeline. Where something else happened instead of the 'canon' story line.

Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Not really 'story advice', but play Beginning Pleasantview as you see fit. Stop pressuring yourself over some fandom canon. If you want to have extra children, it's ok. If you don't, fine. It's your game, play it as you want.

I'm more the it's-my-game-I'll-play-how-I-want-to type. I had an issue sort of like this once - the extra-sim-that-doesn't-fit-the-story issue and a desperate emotional need to make it fit my story comfortably enough for me to enjoy it:

I had a strange mystery child who came home from school with one of the key playables. I always run away with random events like that, so the child finally became very important to my story. She was so interesting that I decided I wanted to play out the prequel, figuring out how she came to be there, homeless and so strange. I wanted, not just backstory, but to play the story that would explain who she really was... well....

In playing the "prequel" I ended up with "her" as a baby, you know, being born, in the game... so I ended up with two different sims who, in my headcanon, are supposed to be the same person, but they are different ages and, in reality, two completely different sims with different backgrounds... this bugged me for days... what to do? how to "explain" it so that it fits my story... kill one, clone one, SimPE surgery... no, no, that's all so cold and clinical and mean, they are CHILDREN, forgoodnesssake! Hmmmmmm... then, finally, I hit on it -

The strange mystery child is the "real" child in the "now," the "real" simworld. The baby, who is supposed to be her, is just the child actress who played the "young mystery child" in the "based-on-a-true-story prequel."

The tiny actress is now safely ensconced in her regular life with her "parents" in the Downtown that no "real" sim EVER visits.
Mad Poster
#674 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 12:36 PM
I had to look it up, but here's a page with the complete 'genealogy' of Sims 2, from Madam Mim:
http://genensims.com/guest/MadameMi...ds/PV/treeh.jpg

This should help anyone who wants to recreate the 'canon' family trees.

Theorist
#675 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 1:16 PM
I had to look it up, but here's a page with the complete 'genealogy' of Sims 2, from Madam Mim:
http://genensims.com/guest/MadameMi...ds/PV/treeh.jpg

This should help anyone who wants to recreate the 'canon' family trees.

Wow apparently this is the genealogy for a fan made neighborhood by Madame Mim https://genensims.com/guest/MadameM...bourhoodsPV.htm So it contains some fanon (the maiden names of all the Matriarchs and stuff like Vadim Simovitch and Isabella Fiorello being brother and sister) but the stuff past the first generation is accurate.
It's form 2007 and you download the founders separately as toddlers. Quite interesting! Never knew this existed even though Gene Sims was probably one of the first Sims 2 fan sites I ever visited and downloaded from. As a kid I had like all their alien skins/eyes/hair in my game

Also the maiden name Madame Mim bestowed upon Gretle Goth translates to "of the Forest" so she's "Gretle of the Forest" why no brother named Hans then?

Page 27 of 48