Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2019 at 1:43 AM
Default Converted Object Thumbnail Issue
Hello, me again. I have this huge set I converted and the thumbnails are all black . The object in live mode isn't just the thumbnail. I tried to reset it, but still black. I've attached a picture of my in-game
Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th May 2019 at 2:02 PM
Could be an issue with the settings in the TXMT, or the mesh. The object looks kinda darker than it should be. Can you perhaps upload the item so we can have a look?

Did you edit any of the texture resources or subset names? (SHPE, GMND, GMDC, TXMT, MMAT, TXTR)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2019 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Could be an issue with the settings in the TXMT, or the mesh. The object looks kinda darker than it should be. Can you perhaps upload the item so we can have a look?

Did you edit any of the texture resources or subset names? (SHPE, GMND, GMDC, TXMT, MMAT, TXTR)

Sure, here you go. And to answer you question, no. I just (Cloned from the Hedge from free time) replaced the mesh, gave it a new GUID and imported the texture. I don't have any other program but Paint to edited the Texture either. I know that it kills the resolution though, could that be a issue as well?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Basket WIP.rar (51.9 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st May 2019 at 3:25 PM
The only thing I can think of is if the bump map is causing issues. Try deleting the resources relating to the bump, and either delete (in Thumbnail folder) or refresh the thumbnail files for the indvidual objects. Try it on a copy of one of the objects just to see if that's the problem.

TXMT:
stdMatNormalMapTextureAddressingU
stdMatNormalMapTextureAddressingV
stdMatNormalMapTextureEnabled
stdMatNormalMapTextureName

TXTR:
Picnic-Basket-[Milking-19.5.2019-101212]-surface-surface-bump_txtr

---

In regards to texturing, I personally prefer using DXT3 or 5 (Nvidia DDS plugin) to import the texture. Gives a better result. If you want to move away from Paint, you could try Gimp (if you want a free alternative). It's more versatile than Paint.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2019 at 1:13 AM
The only thing I can think of is if the bump map is causing issues. Try deleting the resources relating to the bump, and either delete (in Thumbnail folder) or refresh the thumbnail files for the indvidual objects. Try it on a copy of one of the objects just to see if that's the problem.

TXMT:
stdMatNormalMapTextureAddressingU
stdMatNormalMapTextureAddressingV
stdMatNormalMapTextureEnabled
stdMatNormalMapTextureName

TXTR:
Picnic-Basket-[Milking-19.5.2019-101212]-surface-surface-bump_txtr

---

In regards to texturing, I personally prefer using DXT3 or 5 (Nvidia DDS plugin) to import the texture. Gives a better result. If you want to move away from Paint, you could try Gimp (if you want a free alternative). It's more versatile than Paint.

Hmm, I deleted everything related and its still dark.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd May 2019 at 5:00 AM
There's a problem in the GMDC, I don't know what but after re-building with Blender the problem gone.
I cleaned out the unused junk from it, the GMDC has no ground shadow so references to ground shadow are removed.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Picnic-Basket.zip (69.4 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2019 at 12:03 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th May 2019 at 9:52 PM.
^ I didn't think of that.
It may be that the object was exported wrongly if you're using Blender (or anything else than MIlkshape), RainMilk. You need precise settings for the OBJ to export properly, or the objects get turned inside out and/or the normals go dark. I had that problem at first, until I found the correct settings.

If you're using Blender, here are the settings I use - tick these, and leave the rest unticked:
- Apply modifiers
- Include Edges
- Smooth Groups
- Write Normals
- Include UVs
- Objects as OBJ Groups

You can save them as a preset With the + button, directly below where it says "Export OBJ" in the left bottom corner.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th May 2019 at 7:33 AM
^ I didn't think of that.
It may be that the object was exported wrongly if you're using Blender (or anything else than MIlkshape), RainMilk. You need precise settings for the OBJ to export properly, or the objects get turned inside out and/or the normals go dark. I had that problem at first, until I found the correct settings.

If you're using Blender, here are the settings I use - tick these, and leave the rest unticked:
- Apply modifiers
- Include Edges
- Smooth Groups
- Write Normals
- Include UVs
- Objects as OBJ Groups

You can save them as a preset With the + button, directly below where it says "Export OBJ" in the left bottom corner.

(sorry for late reply couldn't be at the computer) THAT WAS IT!! Oh my gosh, thank you both. Gotta to redo them all, but I got it now!