Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pointed ears as CAS sliders

by CmarNYC Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 5:36 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2012 at 9:35 PM by CmarNYC : updated information

278 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 223 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 12
Field Researcher
#101 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 4:00 PM
Quick, possibly dumb question- do you know if these will work if a person's using Awesome Mod? Or does that mod's inclusion of slider changes mess with it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#102 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bakafox
Quick, possibly dumb question- do you know if these will work if a person's using Awesome Mod? Or does that mod's inclusion of slider changes mess with it?

As far as I know there's no conflict with Awesome and I'm sure quite a few people are using both. Awesome Mod's slider changes are to increase the number of sliders the game will 'see' and to increase the limits of the sliders. Neither change affects how sliders basically work.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 2:01 AM
This might be a silly question but these ears act as normal genetics right? So if one of my Sims has normal ears and he/she err...does the deed with a Sim with tweaked ears... Will the child have a chance of gaining those ears? (>.>)

*~*t.o.w.a*~*
Test Subject
#104 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 8:33 AM
I've installed Stuffit and tried to install these, but they won't appear in the game. Help?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#105 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 4:33 PM
Onewingedangel: Yes, they inherit normally - if one parent has pointy ears and one has normal, each child should have a 50-50 chance of inheriting them.

Faktririjekt: Do you have other mods installed that work? If not, please look in the Help section for full instructions on installation of CC, and you'll probably solve your problem. The Installer Monkey is very helpful if you're not already using it.
Test Subject
#106 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 6:08 PM Last edited by Faktririjekt : 30th Dec 2009 at 9:08 PM.
No, I do not have any mods installed. I haven't been able to make any custom content work in my game. And I looked at the full instructions, but it only talked about package files. And I tried to install the Installer Monkey, but that didn't work either. Are you sure that this slider works with Mac? I also couldn't find the right folder to put it in. It appears that I don't have it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#107 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 10:47 PM
I haven't used a Mac in ages and can't help you with installing CC on one, and unfortunately there's no shortcut program I know of for Mac. The Help section has very detailed instructions and if you still can't get it working you can post in the game help forum: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=552

There's no reason I know of that my mod packages wouldn't work on a Mac.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 12:21 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me. This should be fun!! I am excited! Thank you for making this mod^^

*~*t.o.w.a*~*
Test Subject
#109 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 11:35 PM
i would really like to install your sliders but when i try to use shuffit on them this is the error message i get

The file "/Users/shea/Downloads/MTS_jonha_1027178_Jonha_Sliders/Jonha_Sliders_WaistSize.package" does not appear to be compressed or encoded. It is advised that you obtain further information about the contents of this file from the sender or provider of the file.

please help me i dont know what to do.

you can reach me at

[email protected]

thanks
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#110 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sheahaviland
i would really like to install your sliders but when i try to use shuffit on them this is the error message i get

The file "/Users/shea/Downloads/MTS_jonha_1027178_Jonha_Sliders/Jonha_Sliders_WaistSize.package" does not appear to be compressed or encoded.

First, that's a slider created by Jonha, not by me.

Second, the package files do not need to be decompressed. Just put the package in your mods\packages folder.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 3:33 PM
yes now i can make fairy people woooo!! =]
Test Subject
#112 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 2:15 AM
Does this have any issues with World Adventures, or will it work with World? I know the CAS breast sliders didn't work with World Adventures...I need to check if she updated it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#113 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karreaux
Does this have any issues with World Adventures, or will it work with World? I know the CAS breast sliders didn't work with World Adventures...I need to check if she updated it.

I don't know why you think the breast sliders don't work with WA - they do. You may need a mod to increase the number of sliders the game can use. I've added links to a couple in the description for this post.
Test Subject
#114 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 5:32 AM
I've had these in my game for a couple months, and I love them. I was wondering if you were planning to make more. They do add a lot of customization, but I still have trouble getting my ears to look exactly how I want them to, mainly, like Night Elf ears.

I have Awesomemod's slider multiplier to make them longer, but if I want them to go back, they get a little too fat. Or, if you know of any tutorials for making sliders, I already downloaded the needed programs. I just don't know how to use them.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#115 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spookty
I've had these in my game for a couple months, and I love them. I was wondering if you were planning to make more. They do add a lot of customization, but I still have trouble getting my ears to look exactly how I want them to, mainly, like Night Elf ears.

I have Awesomemod's slider multiplier to make them longer, but if I want them to go back, they get a little too fat. Or, if you know of any tutorials for making sliders, I already downloaded the needed programs. I just don't know how to use them.

To get exactly the look you want, the best thing would probably be to make them yourself. If you can do the meshing, the rest is pretty easy. I wrote a tutorial on how to make a geom face slider (the kind that does the elf ears) here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379878

Hope that helps and good luck!
Test Subject
#116 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 3:47 AM
Has anyone tried using the sliders in the new stuff pack I use these with the Jonha sliders and they're the best I've ever used, but installed the stuff pack and now there not working, if anyone's got a solution I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Field Researcher
#117 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Senshier
Has anyone tried using the sliders in the new stuff pack I use these with the Jonha sliders and they're the best I've ever used, but installed the stuff pack and now there not working, if anyone's got a solution I'd appreciate it. Thanks

I'm using these with the new patch and High-End stuff pack and they work great. Just make sure you have the framework files in the High-End directory as well as the base game (and WA, if you have it) directory.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Test Subject
#118 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:07 AM
A Vulcan without pointy ears? Unthinkable! McCoy would lose some of his insult fodder, and we can't let that happen. Awesome upload, mate.
Test Subject
#119 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 7:02 AM
This is really awesome! But, unfortunetly, I cannot find a core mod to increase my slider limit, because I have version 1.0.631.00002 . Do you know any mods for that one?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#120 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Meow
This is really awesome! But, unfortunetly, I cannot find a core mod to increase my slider limit, because I have version 1.0.631.00002 . Do you know any mods for that one?

You could try S3Z's hack, reply #52 in this thread: http://linna.modthesims.info/showth...947#post2935947

Don't forget you need d3dx9_31.dll - available various places; Google for it.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 5:22 PM
If I have Jonha sliders and CmarNYC's together my game crashes to desktop...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#122 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnieBonnie
If I have Jonha sliders and CmarNYC's together my game crashes to desktop...

Does it work with just one set or the other? Does it crash at loading or later in the game?
Test Subject
#123 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:06 PM
Does this work with World Adventures?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#124 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by athem2310
Does this work with World Adventures?

Yes, it does.
Test Subject
#125 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 10:54 PM
Thank you so much! I've been wanting to create my Dark Elf playable character from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and these new ear sliders are perfect! I can't thank you enough!

What is the color of night?
Page 5 of 12