Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:47 PM
Default TSM & Windows 8
For anyone that hasn't discovered this yet:
(NB I run TSM on Win7 so I have no idea if this fixes the problem with mods being recognized by the game).
If anyone tries or has already tried doing this, it would be good to know if this is a full fix (mods can run as well) or if it's just a fix for their own content.

http://help.ea.com/uk/article/the-s...-compatibility/

Incase the url ever gets changed or deleted, it basically says, if you're having problems getting it to run, uninstall your game, enter your codes on origin and install it through origin.

"We are aware of some compatibility issues affecting The Sims Medieval and its expansions on WIndows 8 PCs. These issues can be fixed by downloading and reinstalling updated game files through Origin.

Note:If you have Pirates and Nobles you will need to perform these steps for that as well.

For physical disc versions:
Uninstall The Sims Medieval from your PC.
Enter the registration code that came with your copy of the game into Origin.
Download and install the game through Origin. You will need to agree to a new EULA.

For Digital versions:
Uninstall The Sims Medieval from your PC.
Download and reinstall the game through Origin. You will need to agree to a new EULA.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:15 AM
May I ask a question? I have the physical disks & followed the above. It works great.

My question is: Should I go ahead & patch it? There is a small window that pops up every time I get on the computer telling me my game needs to be updated. Up until now, I've just deleted the notice & tried to ignore it but I'm just wondering. Is it going to cause me trouble down the line? I'm also worried about my mods (Grim's & etc.) I don't want to mess them up by patching the game. Thanks in advance.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:24 PM
Sorry, I honestly have no idea. Like I said I don't use windows 8 so it requires someone else to test this out to see if their patch will fix the problem with mods or just fix their own content.
As far as I'm aware, it was the DRM that wasn't compatible with windows 8 ...when they changed from Securom, and this is what broke the game on win8.

If you can be bothered with the hassle of reinstalling you could always back up everything and that way you won't lose anything if it doesn't work and you need to reinstall.

Do you have P&N?
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:19 PM
I have an instant download from Amazon that will not even get to a loading screen. If I can find my code in my purchase history, I will see if that fixes the game. In case someone else purchased it that way and is having trouble.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:29 PM
No dice for the Amazon code. I can't register it through Origin. It sends me to the Sims 3 to register it and there are too many characters for it to work there. Guess I am out of luck.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 5:02 PM
I feel really bad for you. If they have fixed the problem, they should have made sure the fix was accessible for every format it can be bought in.