Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#11101 Old 23rd May 2018 at 3:31 AM
"Placefriezes on" is the cheat to put a foundation on the house for a roof. (And I might have mistyped it, but Help will list it with the proper spelling if I did.)

It's a little tricky to work with, since it doesn't kick in until after you go back into the foundation tool and then it doesn't let you work with foundations on the ground until you turn it off, ("Placefriezes off") but once you get used to it you can have a lot of fun with it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#11102 Old 23rd May 2018 at 11:12 AM Last edited by Craft90 : 23rd May 2018 at 11:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
"Placefriezes on" is the cheat to put a foundation on the house for a roof. (And I might have mistyped it, but Help will list it with the proper spelling if I did.)

It's a little tricky to work with, since it doesn't kick in until after you go back into the foundation tool and then it doesn't let you work with foundations on the ground until you turn it off, ("Placefriezes off") but once you get used to it you can have a lot of fun with it.

Oooh, I have to try that. The only building cheats I've used before is moveObjects and that cheat that allowed you to build past the build level in Sims 2 so I'm a newb.

Edit. I did it. Also I found something interesting... So Maxis is in the USA right? And this tool wasn't intended for customers... so why is the tooltip still translated into local language?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11103 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:46 PM
It's an official cheat. It was introduced and publicly announced with the Ambitions EP. I think there was even a thread on the official forum instructing people on how to use it.
Field Researcher
#11104 Old 23rd May 2018 at 4:01 PM
Okay. That does explain it.

Also... Grim decided to visit the local restaurant. He gets considerably less scary in a suit.
Screenshots
#11105 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 25th May 2018 at 7:58 PM.
I just discovered something pretty annoying in continuation of my lime-green-socks-wearing-lifeguard drama.

Lifeguards have two career outfits as you probably already know: the one with the t-shirt for surveying a beach and the one without one when rescuing drowning Sims. The one with the t-shirt is the only one available for editing in CAS. Fine. So this is what I did and removed the socks. But when it became time to take the shirt off my lifeguard put on the socks again. Ugh, so the hidden second career outfit is also tied to the everyday and independent from the first career outfit. And even worse: it seems that every time a Sim has to switch into that second outfit in order to rescue a drowning Sim it is generated anew. When I fiddled around with MasterController trying to locate this second outfit I discovered that my Sim has currently 36 (!) green-socked secondary career outfits.

ETA: Correction: it's not the jobs that spawn a new outfit, it happens whenever I switch households and come back to my Sim afterwards.
ETA2: And every time I load the save
Mad Poster
#11106 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:53 AM
I've been playing Sims 3 since 2012, and today was the very first time I got a message about a wrong number. I have never seen that before, so I have no idea what caused it.
Mad Poster
#11107 Old 25th May 2018 at 2:40 AM
Two of the songs that Diva Sims may sing in CAS are Blue Swede's Hooked On A Feeling and Howard Jones' Things Can Only Get Better.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#11108 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:58 PM
I just discovered that making an overweight mermaid is pretty pointless; Porphyra started pretty hefty and is now stick-thin. I blame the regular swimming.
Scholar
#11109 Old 25th May 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I just discovered that making an overweight mermaid is pretty pointless; Porphyra started pretty hefty and is now stick-thin. I blame the regular swimming.

There is that mod to stop weight-loss from swimming... does that work for mermaids, too?
#11110 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:37 PM
Ah yes, I completely forgot about that mod. Yes, that should work, too.
Test Subject
#11111 Old 27th May 2018 at 12:50 AM
I discovered that when you've created your first household and are picking a house to move them into... you can actually look inside the available houses..
Been playing Sims 3 for SO many years.. so many years spent picking a house based on the way it looked on the outside and being mortified with how it looked inside when my sims moved in.
I'm really disappointed in myself. A bit embarrassed as well!
Field Researcher
#11112 Old 27th May 2018 at 10:46 PM

That you can make snow angels face down.... in your underwear.

And I also learned that yes, teens are indeed ugly and I should withhold judgement until my kids reach young adulthood.
#11113 Old 28th May 2018 at 1:55 AM
Sending a love letter to a Sim you dislike can have interesting consequences.

Quote: "[My Sim] just got a letter in the mail from Carolina Ichtaca! It's covered in X's and skulls and a little doodle of [My Sim] lying on the ground with lots of arrows and daggers sticking out of him."
What a nasty woman.

And the relationship tanked by another 5 points, too. Good, saves me another call after midnight...
Top Secret Researcher
#11114 Old 30th May 2018 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
That you can make snow angels face down.... in your underwear.

Wait, is there another way? That's how I always do it.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#11115 Old 30th May 2018 at 8:21 AM
Today for the first time some random Role Sim spawned to staff the Festival Kissing Booth I have placed on the Renaissance Fair lot in Dragon Valley who was actually attractive enough to consider trying the interaction. I was expecting a brief but professional peck, but wow that was some kiss! There were whistles blowing, an explosion of confetti, and my sim got a strong positive moodlet for 8 hrs. And all that for §5! Does this happen every time?

There's what looks like a price list on the side of the booth, I guess for decoration, but can't read what it says. Wonder what we would get for §10?
Mad Poster
#11116 Old 30th May 2018 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
No, it doesn't. I've never seen that happen in my game.

Really? I wonder if both sims having the Great Kisser trait and one having the Minty Breath moodlet at the time had any effect or if it's all random. I did neglect to mention that the Kissing Booth attendant seemed very surprised by the reaction themselves and looked dreamily into the distance for a few sim moments once it was over. It's not like they knew or were showing any attraction to each other, in fact I couldn't even do a greet or any social interactions before or after the kiss while the attendant was still on duty and they still aren't on my sim's relationship panel.

Now I'm going to have to line them all up to pay their §5 in turn to see what all the different outcomes are. The poor Role Sim is going to have some tired lips by the time their shift is over.
#11117 Old 30th May 2018 at 1:38 PM
Yes, I think I've seen that before with Great Kisser Sims; might also be connected to their romantic reputation or the result from that testing machine with the pulsating heart that is part of spring festivals.
Alchemist
#11118 Old 30th May 2018 at 4:22 PM
I discovered that Reshade also applies to that little Launcher window when you install a sims3pack.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
#11119 Old 30th May 2018 at 4:34 PM
The little window that installs CC from launcher is actually a game instance. That's why it applies to it.
Mad Poster
#11120 Old 30th May 2018 at 5:10 PM
Yeah I get that too. It's very bloomy and stuff. Interesting little quirk, it is.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11121 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 12:44 PM
I discovered the importance of ceilings - rather belatedly considering how long I've been at this game. I built my sim a small beach shack with a porch, where he could sit and watch the sunset over the sea. Come winter the porch was ankle deep in snow, even though the roof extends out over it. And snow on a deck, or a platform, produces an unfortunate effect where the edge of it is transparent - if sims are standing close to the edge you can see their feet sticking down through it. I immediately went into build mode and put in a ceiling and, bingo, the snow was gone, except at the very edge where you'd expect it be and no more transparency.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#11122 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I discovered the importance of ceilings - rather belatedly considering how long I've been at this game. I built my sim a small beach shack with a porch, where he could sit and watch the sunset over the sea. Come winter the porch was ankle deep in snow, even though the roof extends out over it. And snow on a deck, or a platform, produces an unfortunate effect where the edge of it is transparent - if sims are standing close to the edge you can see their feet sticking down through it. I immediately went into build mode and put in a ceiling and, bingo, the snow was gone, except at the very edge where you'd expect it be and no more transparency.

Oh wow, yes. I remember when I first got TS3 and couldn't for the life of me figure out why the weather was always in my houses. ("I PUT A ROOF ON ALREADY GOSHDARNIT WHY IS IT SNOWING IN THE BEDROOM?!")

Apparently having to put flooring on the ceiling is a feature not a bug ;D
Test Subject
#11123 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:57 PM
Do the sims care about ceilings? Do they get an "unfinished room" moodlet? Is this an EA whim from an EP that I don't have? If my sims don't bother, then neither shall I.
#11124 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:51 AM
Contrary to some guides I read I have learned that neither is it necessary to have lots of fish in your inventory to provoke a shark attack nor is it necessary to have a high athletic skill to win that fight.

My current Sim had zero fish in his inventory and was attacked almost immediately after entering the dive spot and he won the fight although he had gained his first and only level in athletics just a few minutes before the attack.
The Sim I played last week, by the way, also won a fight at only level 3 and from then onwards lost all fights although he is now at athletic level 9.
Mad Poster
#11125 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:16 PM
I just bought Late Night yesterday, so I'm not used to things from it yet. Today I discovered Sims can woohoo in the elevator.
Page 445 of 490