Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 3:45 PM
Hi, I need help.
I've done everything right and placed all the files in the right places, but now my game just stops at the loading screen (bar goes up to 2/3s and then stops). Any ideas as to why?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tasadaar
Hi, I need help.
I've done everything right and placed all the files in the right places, but now my game just stops at the loading screen (bar goes up to 2/3s and then stops). Any ideas as to why?

Im having the exact same problem
Test Subject
#78 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 7:34 PM
As several people already have noticed before me, I wanted to point out a small typo at the 3rd bullet in the original post :

Quote:
3) Now you need to add a resources.cfg file to your main TSM install folder, so the game knows you have mods and where to look for them. It is basically a text file that serves the same function it did in TS3 and contains the following:

The file should be named Resource.cfg, or resource.cfg, without any s.

Just so this otherwise very good guide does not allow any kind of confusion.

Thank you for posting it in the first place ^^
Test Subject
#79 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 8:33 PM
I am having the uploading error, as well. It uploads about 2/3 way and doesn't finish uploading.
Test Subject
#80 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:41 PM
How do we open .package files, and how do we make them?
Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 3:14 AM
Hi again, as this thread is called begin mod can someone answer my question above? I never had sim 2-3 I have sim 1 and medieval, please help
Test Subject
#82 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:31 AM
Default Re: ShadowTek's question
You shouldn't really have to "open" the package files to use them in-game...just download them, double-click to open the download with a previously installed .zip file reader of your choice (Many use Winzip, I prefer to use jZip), and then either extract to your mods/package folder or just right click and COPY the file, and then place into the mods/package folder. Should show up just fine in game!

As far as how to make them, it's pretty complicated, and I'm still a major modding amateur, so to avoid giving you the wrong info, I'll let someone else field that...sorry!

Quote: Originally posted by ShadowTek
Hi again, as this thread is called begin mod can someone answer my question above? I never had sim 2-3 I have sim 1 and medieval, please help
Test Subject
#83 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 2:45 AM
I've put the d3dx9_31.dll file into the \TSM Install Folder\Game\Bin directory, but when I load up the game, it crashes, with your standard "Please send this error to Microsoft" message.

I've got the expansion pack, it's fully patched to the latest, but when I go to play the game, it crashes unless I delete the d3dx9_31.dll file.

What am I doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 4:22 AM
A detailed error message would be better to go by, but I believe you may need to first update your Direct X from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/e...ls.aspx?id=8109
Then place the new d3dx9_31.dll in \Game\Bin\.
Test Subject
#85 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 4:50 AM
Quote:
A detailed error message would be better to go by

It's the typical error message you get for any program failing.

Updating Direct X didn't do anything either.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 5:31 AM
Sorry that didn't help. Was my best guess.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by milizeelashee
I've got the expansion pack, it's fully patched to the latest, but when I go to play the game, it crashes unless I delete the d3dx9_31.dll file.

You are using the file downloaded from this thread in message #1, yes? Not some other d3dx9_31.dll which you Googled or found already on your computer? I would try downloading the file again actually, and try it one more time with the new download.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#88 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:46 AM
It's the same file from the OP.
Is it meant to be unmodified since 2009? Because if there's a more up-to-date version, then I must have missed it.

Could the problem be I'm using Windows XP and I need to modernise to Windows 7?
Because if it is... I'm not going to modernise just so I can fix up that one thing.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 9:44 AM
The .dll file has never been modified AFAIK. I'm using the same one from when the game was new. I use XP and don't have any problems. The game loads and runs fine if you don't have the .dll installed?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#90 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 8:47 AM
Yes, the game runs fine without the .dll file. It's jut when I put it in that it causes the game to crash.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 11:12 AM
It sounds to me like there's something wrong with the file itself. You have re-downloaded it as I suggested? Maybe it got mangled while downloading or mangled when unzipping it, and your winzip/winrar program let it slide, instead of reporting an error. Also doublecheck or quadruple-check for the gazillionth time, lol, that it's actually in Game\Bin and not in Game\Bin\bin for example.

Test Subject
#92 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 10:14 AM
I've done all that. Still got the same issues...

Maybe it's a registry problem.
I uninstalled the game a few months ago when it decided not to work on me, but the uninstall didn't go well, so I deleted it manually...

Then it wouldn't reinstall, so I had to go through the registry and remove those pesky files that made it think it was still installed. Then once I cleared enough, I reinstalled it without problems.

Could that be an issue somewhere?
Test Subject
#93 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 6:24 AM
This is in program files x86? The sims medieval folder in program files x86? Because... I can't save the (notepad?)file as .cfg... only .text.
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 2:23 PM Last edited by Emelina Bell : 12th Nov 2011 at 2:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The file you have shown called resources is supposed to be titled "Resource.cfg". This needs to be exact, there is nothing titled "resources".

I havce the SAME problem that saathei had, BUT my Resource.cfg is named properly. I've checked, checked and checked some more, and I can't see where my problem is... The only thing I notice that is differant, is what appears on the Resource once oppened with note pad.

So, what can be wrong. I've got the testingCheats working fine. I followwed every step 8 times... I've put the .package files in the right folder... aaaaand (drum rolls !) nothing happens in game. No nothing. Not a cookie.

Edit : Just changed the Resource content so it was the same as saathei, but still no result... WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG ?
Mad Poster
#95 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 3:58 PM
You have the Mods\Packages and the Resource.cfg in the Documents area like with Sims 3, which is incorrect. These have to go in your Sims Medieval game installation folder, which might be c:\Program Files\EA\The Sims Medieval, or wherever you installed it.

Test Subject
#96 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
You have the Mods\Packages and the Resource.cfg in the Documents area like with Sims 3, which is incorrect. These have to go in your Sims Medieval game installation folder, which might be c:\Program Files\EA\The Sims Medieval, or wherever you installed it.

Thank you !! It's working now !
Test Subject
#97 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 3:32 PM
What am I doing wrong? I've got the files in the right locations; the dll, cfg, Mod, Packages. But nothing is happening, when I'm testing the No Intro mod. I have Pirates and Nobles and the game version is 2.0.109.00001
Instructor
#98 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:43 PM
Which No Intro mod are you using? I believe the one I made is the only one working with Pirates and Nobels. Rick's will disable videos from the Base game only.
Test Subject
#99 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Which No Intro mod are you using? I believe the one I made is the only one working with Pirates and Nobels. Rick's will disable videos from the Base game only.

Yeah, I figured it out myself and installed yours. Now I just have to figure out why my game keeps freezing after I create a monarch, hmm, I guess I'll have to delete all the mods I installed and reinstall them one by one.

I wish MTS would add a new category for TSM. BTW, what kind of S3 addons (clothing, makeup, hair) work with TSM?
Test Subject
#100 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 10:46 PM
So nothing on how to solve my problem with the .dll file?
I'm cut off from a lot of script mods.

Quote:
This is in program files x86? The sims medieval folder in program files x86? Because... I can't save the (notepad?)file as .cfg... only .text.

Once the file is made, close notepad, then change the extension itself from .txt to .cfg. It'll probably tell you about instability or something, but ignore it. It should be a .cfg file then.
Page 4 of 13