Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#3251 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:16 PM
right now i'm waiting for my game to load so i can make the changes i need for the strangetown trading places contest but afterwards i'm going to download AGS and try to make my first upload on MTS...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3252 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:44 PM
Well, I've posted my first lot to MTS! I hope it shows up over the next few days, if not, I'll need to change it a little.

Also, I fulfilled a wish on GOS (albeit a very small one) and I never actually expected I would Its a tiny feat, but I'm glad I could create some CC for someone else.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3253 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I created my first eye color!

Beautiful! Far better than my attempts.

Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i'm going to download AGS and try to make my first upload on MTS...

Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Well, I've posted my first lot to MTS!

Well done! I look forward to seeing it.
Mad Poster
#3254 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:16 PM
I'm envious of you all!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#3255 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 7:08 PM
Mama (Veronica) Hick just congratulated her son Eldon for not going to college
Poor Elden also had a mental breakdown upon aging up into an Adult, his teenagerhood was not fun and he has yet to even kiss a girl. Everybody in the trailer park is either his cousin (and the game won't allow that :-P ) already in love with someone else, too young or too old. And he's not quite charming enough to get a girl from the better parts of town...
I really want to find someone for him, but it looks pretty bad right now...

Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Sure!
For saying I suck at building houses, this turned out very well, I think :D

Sorry that I answer so late, yeop that's a nice house, and I find the white/black combination in the exterior especially appealing.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#3256 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 6:07 AM
Okay, WHEN exactly did I download that No Jealousy mod?!

I'm sure I don't have one, but Mitch Indie just brought Edwin Sharpe home from work; Edwin started kissing Mitch's wife up the arm and they developed a mutual crush, while Mitch politely waited his turn to leap into Delilah's arms. The two guys chatted for a bit, then Edwin kissed Delilah and brought their relationship up to Love, then Mitch kissed her, and Edwin hugged her romantically, and they carried on like that all evening, without either of the guys getting mad! Delilah has a memory of marrying Mitch, but no memory of cheating on him (though she does have a two-loves-at-once memory), and despite being a Family Sim (I changed her aspiration at university) she's never shown the slightest interest in having children. Weird. Although they are in a one-bedroom apartment that has way higher bills than the Goth mansion, so there's obviously something not right with the lot. Maybe it's the immortal womrat ...
Inventor
#3257 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:54 AM
Did another eye color and I tested it out on another throwaway family (the Test Group family):

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#3258 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 4:45 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 4th Jun 2018 at 5:28 PM.
You can make those eyes genetic, if you already did not. It's a nice addition to the game. I already have my own custom geneticized eye maxis-match colors and a custom geneticized freckled skins (less and more frequent, dark and light variations) that only show up on certain hair colors. It's really nice what you can do with Sim PE. I also like that now I will get both babies with and without hair. It just buggs me that freckled babies won't ever get hair

Meanwhile, I finished another lot in my tudor-styled neighborhood. It's nearing finishing. I might share it once it's finished, but it requires CC.

I like how sims enjoy the outdoors :D

EDIT: Well the fire started and really, Prof. von Ball's lessions are not helping maintain Chester's sanity.

Lab Assistant
#3259 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 10:33 PM Last edited by Katerina Petrova : 4th Jun 2018 at 10:56 PM.
My megahood entered its third rotation or simply week two today.

The Goths
Mortimer is dead by now and Bella has aged into an elder. Her daughter Elizabeth is now a child and she comes a lot after her mum but also after her dad. A little more out-going than her siblings but just as thirsty for knowledge as the whole Goth family. Alexander is applying for scholarships (not that he needs any but if mum wishes for it) while also dating a rich heiress: Tara DeBateau.
If they indeed get married one day, the Goths will not only be linked to the DeBateaus but also to the Montys since Armand has married Bianca and they are expecting their first child.

The Lotarios
Cassandra and Don have been married for a while now. I decided that Don's sleeping around was just a desperate cry for unconditional love. As soon as his daughter Cordelia was born, he had no interest in other women anymore. Instead he is very, very close with Cordelia and spoils her like a true princess. Whatever she wishes for, daddy gets it for her (grandpa's inheritence was well invested). Cassandra, on the other hand, is not the motherly type. Cordelia's and her relationship is quite cold and distanced. I doubt this will change with the arrival of the Lotario's second child: Ricardo Mortimer.

The Caliente Sisters
Dina and Nina are both mothers now. Nina has twins after a one night stand with another premade sim that is actually happily married (I did not know that at the time) while Dina has a son from Cyd Roseland (well he is called Tim Rosengarten in my game) who also had quadrapulets with Alexandra O'Mackey with whom he is in a kind of open relationship. However, while Dina tries to provide for her son (and her niece and nephew) by working hard in the building business, Nina has not changed a bit. She cares only little for her children and is already pregnant again by some random teenage townie. Dina now has her eyes set on Consort Capp but she is unsure if she can leave her niece and nephew behind or if she should fight for their custody. But Consort is already unsure whether Dina is fit to be a member of the Capp family since she has a child out of wedlock. So yeah, the drama never stops with the Calientes.

The Oldies
Both just died. But their adopted son Holger inherited all of their belongings. As soon as Lillith returns from college, she will move into her grandparent's former home while Holger is off to college. She has never met her adoptive uncle so far but her grandparents, who loved her dearly, asked her to take care of him when they die and so she will.

The Pleasants
Angela, who has fallen out of favour with both of her parents due to her relationship with Dustin Broke, and Lillith, daddy's little princess, are off to college. Marie-Claire had another son named Lucifer who just aged to be a toddler. But Daniel and Marie, now both elders, realized that their marriage is beyond repair. But instead of going through with a divorce, Marie allowed Daniel to have Kayleigh (that is the maid's English name, isn't it) move in under the condition that until Marie-Claire dies she will be the one and only Mrs. Pleasant. Kayleigh moved in and both women actually get along very well. While Marie and Daniel are still following their career dreams, the ex-maid is a housewife that take care of Lucifer and is expecting her first child...or maybe children.

That's it for today. Maybe I will play the Dreamers and Brokes later on or tomorrow.

EDIT: I just had an idea for the Caliente Twins. Maybe Nervous Subject will take them in. He inherited Olive's house and fortune (Ophelia is definitly not happy about that and has paired up with Frances Worthington, her fiancé, to fight this). Nervous is, I think, married to some other premade guy from university and they plan to adopt a lot of children to give them a happy life. Maybe the Caliente Twins will join their household if Dina manages to wrap Consort around her little finger.
Inventor
#3260 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
You can make those eyes genetic, if you already did not. It's a nice addition to the game. I already have my own custom geneticized eye maxis-match colors and a custom geneticized freckled skins (less and more frequent, dark and light variations) that only show up on certain hair colors. It's really nice what you can do with Sim PE. I also like that now I will get both babies with and without hair. It just buggs me that freckled babies won't ever get hair

I did geneticized the eye color and they show up on the test townies whenever they do spawn :D. I'm still trying to figure out how to make them from scratch, however, but other than that I'm happy with them :D

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#3261 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 12:46 PM
The Newbies scrimped, saved, and even took in borders, but they finally had enough to send their son, Surgeon, to college.

In Downton, college is very expensive and usually only available to rich and powerful families. The Newbies are neither, though Bob is doing well in his law enforcement career.

It almost didn't happen. Betty was reading (against the law, but Bob doesn't mind) about a drive-in theater for sale. She thought it might be a quick way to earn more money for Surgeon's college. She talked it over with Vincent Moore, one of their boarders. He's an astute business man. He thought the idea had merit, the property had possibilities, and it could be a good investment. He tried to caution her, though. The purchase would take half of their cash on hand, and once Surgeon's tuition was paid (all four years have to be paid for up front), the family wouldn't have much of a cushion.

Women can't hold property, so Bob made the deal. The family held it's breath. They're taking a bath right now. They did have enough to get Surgeon to college, but they are beginning to struggle a bit. The house needs work and the twins are expensive, so it's not easy.

Nevertheless, he's there. Surgeon has made it to college. I have no idea how they will save for Kennedy when it's time for him to go.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#3262 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 1:16 PM
My PC started acting up, so I had to do a clean system install. I shouldn't have lost anything because it's all backed up, thankfully.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Scholar
#3263 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:47 PM
After his shenanigans with Mitch's wife, Delilah (for which he does have a "had an affair" memory, even if she doesn't), Edwin Sharpe got a promotion, got abducted by aliens, got fired for being late for work three times (not his fault; the carpool didn't show up, which is probably what happened the other two times as well), and got re-hired via Monique's computer. A very busy 24 hours for a Sim I always thought was nerdy and quiet!

Matthew and Jessica Picasso are a little annoyed with me for allowing Edwin's misdeeds to overshadow their news, which they feel is much more important: Jessica has just given birth to another little boy, Gideon! They now have three daughters and three sons, so I'm hoping they'll leave it at that, especially as Matthew lost his job last rotation after making a wrong decision on a chance card. The military kindly allowed them to stay in their married quarters temporarily, so Jessica wouldn't have to move while pregnant (last time she did that, she gave birth beside the mailbox, with what she felt was half the neighbourhood watching!), but they're going to have to find somewhere in town now. They have almost no money, so are going to have to get a loan from Cyjon's Bank, at 9% interest since neither of them has a job. It's a good thing college is free in this hood. (I hope I'm not going to be in trouble with them for giving too much information now.)
Mad Poster
#3264 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 9:36 PM
The Hawkins birthday crashed again. Crane is grown up and saved, but Osprey didn't even get to finish blowing out the candles. Is this the end for Drama Acres?

In Retropleasantspot, Nathan Gavigan got his draft notice. He taught Isaiah to study and then departed to do his duty, leaving Mary crying, and not at all pregnant.

Tara Kat has set her sights on Cyd Roseland, but she doesn't want to be considered forward so she invited the entire Recruits Household over as a cover. Turns out Sgt. Preston Yukon is a real cat lover!

Penny Weiss decided she wanted to get engaged to Rhett, despite her father's advice. So she invited him over and popped the question. Rhett accepted, but suggested they wait to hold the wedding party till she's less pregnant, as she'll enjoy the day more. Penny agreed and waddled off to bed, leaving Rhett to spontaneously attempt to get along better with Skye, who tried to avoid him by sitting down at the chess board. But Rhett cheerfully sat right down with him. Operation Make Friends with Skye might work better if he didn't cheat constantly...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#3265 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:59 PM
After a hectic past, oh, two or three months, I'm back in the habit of playing the game and have caught up on all my families in Pleasantview and Downtown. Dina Goth just gave birth to an unexpected pair of twins: a boy and a girl. She just narrowly managed a pregnancy there with the help of the elixir, because with its help she's got about four more days of adulthood before she enters her golden years. The kids' names are Amaya and Diego. Their father is Ajay Loner, however, making the children Goth-Loners, which I find hilarious, especially in Amaya's case. Looking forward to editing some photos and carrying on with my neighborhood's story, though.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Lab Assistant
#3266 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 11:04 PM
I just continued playing instead of doing research for my bachelor thesis as I planed (yeah I know adulting done wrong )

The Brokes
Brandi was a single-mum of three. Two sons (Dustin and Beau. Thanks German translators for calling Beau Bernd like he is an old angry uncle) and a daughter. She now married Tank Grunt (really? He is called Tank in the English version? I guess Theo sounded nicer than calling someone Panzer) who just finished his military studies at the State University and is for now stationed in Pleasantview. Brandi just came at the right time. It is an advantage to be married in the Sim military. Both grabbed the opportunity to not be alone any longer and got married in a Park in Belladonna Cove. Beau, now a teenager, is not to pleased about the barely older Tank as his stepfather, while his little sister adores mom's new husband. Dustin yet has to meet the new guy. I hope he does before Brandi gives birth to her child with Thank since she got pregnant on their first woohoo. She should have known better and use contraceptives but well.

The Dreamers
Darren (in my game he is called Hugo. Idk why they changed it. It's not like Germans could not pronunce the name or so) has a steamy relationship with Kirsten Singles (I renamed her to her parent's last name Loste). Well one thing led to another and Kirsten got pregnant. She moved in with him to take care of the baby. If only it were just one. No Kirsten gave birth to triplets: Dorothea (in remberance of Dirk's mother who is called Dorothee in the German version), Dana and a boy with also a D name. After this Darren decided to ask Kirsten to become his wife and within a day they were wed in their backyard during the first snow of the season.

The Travellers
The Travellers settled down in Pleasantview. Trent and Trisha have had a set of twins: Ricardo and Ricarda. Both parents work really hard on their careers in burglary and cooking. A little too hard since it is now up to Tina, by now a teenager, to teach her siblings everything from walking to talking and the lullaby. But Tina has have had enough and got a little rebellious one night. She sneaked out with Justin Kim (he is called Janosch Blender in my game. Blender does not mean the thing you make smoothies in but actually pretender in German). Well Justin was not the good boy he always pretends to be and convinced Tina that he would be the perfect guy to take her virginity. Oh sweet little Tina, little did she know, that she was so fertile. She soon welcomed the twins: Henry and Edward. But who will take care of them once she wants to go to university? It seems likely Tina just ruined her life by getting knocked up and having parents that are more interested in their careers than in their own children and grandchildren. Mayyybe the Blenders will help out (unlikely since they just welcomed a second child and are also very focussed on their own career. Furthermore, Janosch/Justin would never do such a thing...according to his parents ) or maybe Nervous Subject also has a heart for the girl. We'll see, we'll see.
Lab Assistant
#3267 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 3:57 AM
Jess: Dustin's Line

The main Jess household is holding up well. While Akiko still mourns her fathers' deaths, she puts her energy into running the bar and raising her children. A day or so after her daughter Juno's childhood birthday, Akiko welcomed another kid into the household (and this time I didn't accidentally select 'baby'): Ludde. I had to look up the pronunciation of that name: Apparently it is 'blood' without the 'b'. I debated changing it, but I was too lazy.

Rite: Felix

The Rite triplets' father Nery passed away this rotation, leaving Felix alone in his inherited home. He is climbing the ranks of the athletic career and trying (but failing) to find love on the side.

Menon

Townie Jason Menon was married to my Sim Mila Fairchild. They had a set of twins and were expecting a son when Mila was finally caught cheating on Jason, and the moment Eric was born, Jason divorced her. She left the kids with him, and he kept the inheritance money she received from her mother; after all, Sandy warned Jason that her daughter was not to be trusted, and that the money she left behind should be used for the children that Mila would inevitably hurt. Mila has not interacted with Elise, Taylor, or Eric since the divorce. One of my previous posts details some of the things Mila's been up to since the divorce, but there's been more since her affair with Ace that I'll get into at a later date.

In the weeks since the divorce, Jason has single-handedly raised all three kids into their teen years. He fell in love with the much younger Kora Kesry. When he learned that she was expecting his child, he invited her to join the household, and they married soon after their daughter Victoria was born. That same week, they conceived and gave birth to a son, Rowan. When I saw Rowan had his great-grandmother's ginger hair, I was so excited! After so many births in the Kesry family (around twenty), this is the first redhead.

However, Kora's love for Jason wasn't entirely pure. She knew he had quite a bit of money, and a few days after she moved in, she managed to convince him to pay off her ~$20,000 loan for the bakery she started. Without him, she would've ended up in the homeless shelter and would've certainly had to give up her business to make a dent in her loan. Jason didn't seem to notice this red sign as he was too busy dealing with work and the drama his eldest daughter was causing. Elise found herself pregnant with Grayson Kesry's child, and Jason was less than pleased. He knew that she was far more focused on money and popularity than family, as evidenced by her constant harassment of Eric and her lack of interest in her baby sister, and the last thing he wanted was for her to abandon a child like her mother abandoned her. During the pregnancy, Jason refused to speak to his daughter. How did she not see how this was going to end?

Elise gave birth to a beautiful blonde-haired, gray-eyed girl named Summer. She promptly handed her daughter off to Grayson to raise.

A few days later, Jason kicked Elise and Taylor out to make room for Victoria and the then-unborn Rowan. He's allowing Eric to stay in the house because he's been incredibly helpful with the little one, and Jason's confident that he won't cause much trouble. Jason feels guilty for making his daughters leave their own home, but they're old enough to live on their own and in his old age, he can't very well put out the money for a larger house.

Jess: Duncan's Line

Beverly dearly misses her husband Duncan. She spends her days painting and, in the middle of the week, heading to work as a Hall of Famer. Her son Jonah was following in her footsteps until he hid someone's brace, got caught, and was fired--the day after being demoted for arguing with a coworker about movies. Jonah has given up on the idea of working a job, so he's hoping that the money his mom rakes in, and whatever SimCity insurance leaves him after her death, will support his partying lifestyle. He spends most of his days at the local bar, run by his cousin Akiko in the 'main line' of the family, trying to flirt up women, to little avail. He did manage to get Ivy Kesry into bed a few times during his house parties. I wonder if her fiance Luis will ever find out?

Kesry: Chandler's Line

Melissa spends her days in the office and her nights spending quality time with her children and grandchild. She sees parts of her husband in every single one of them, and she's happy to see him live on in their children.

Sebastian, the heir to the household, is hard at work as an elementary school teacher. He finally got around to asking his long-time lover, Nicole Lessie, to be his lover. Nicole agreed, but she made sure he knew that if he wanted any more kids, he'd have to be the one to take care of them, because she can't fill up her homeless shelter with babies. Sebastian readily accepted this condition, wishing he could help raise their son, Wesley, who is due to be the next manager of the shelter.

Dante will be heading out to the military barracks soon. He has no direction in life and doesn't want to end up in the shelter, scraping up enough money to buy a crap-shack. He hopes that military life will either be perfect for him, or will push him to find his path in life.

Grayson woke up early Monday morning to find Elise pounding on the door. She passed their daughter into his hands and told him that her name was Summer. Elise turned and walked away before Gray could protest. While disappointed in her son's careless actions, Melissa agreed that raising Summer was Grayson's responsibility. She quickly grew to love her grand-baby, and couldn't stop telling all of her coworkers about how Summer was the only one in the family who had her gray eyes. In addition, Melissa convinced Grayson to get Summer's last name changed to Kesry.

It's taken a while for Gray to warm up to his daughter--or perhaps it was the idea of being a father that was taking so much time to digest--but the older she gets, the more he sees that he needs to push aside his stress and misery for her well-being. Sebastian was quick to grow close to his niece, and he told his brother that they could live in the house as long as they needed to (which Grayson will be eternally grateful for). Gray spent the entire week trying to contact Elise, wanting to be in a committed relationship with her. He thought she was ignoring him until her father came around and he learned that she has yet to find a place to live and is thus without a phone. He's been warned by multiple people that Elise is a nasty person, and that he made a big mistake getting mixed up with her like this, but he's determined to at least try to have a relationship with her for the sake of their daughter.
Mad Poster
#3268 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 1:55 PM
Lord Krankor has issued new rules regarding people's residences:

TO ALL CITIZENS: HEAR THE NEW LAW OF THE LAND:
In order to facilitate more harmony in our blessed kingdom, we have established new rules of residency:

There is now a tiered system. The Worker's Provinces will house families whose heads of households do not carry advanced degrees. Taxes are levied at a 90% interest rate on these households. Exemptions are allowed for each member of the household as well as one exemption for animals, regardless of the number. This is in recognition that many people enjoy keeping pets and/or livestock.

The Professional Provinces will house the families of people with advanced degrees. Their manner of dress is a bit more relaxed. Women may wear slacks and the men may wear modest shorts . Taxes are levied at 10%.

The Royal Province (technically part of the Professional Provinces) will house only nobility. They may dress as it pleases them. Taxes will be levied at 0%.

The Prison Colony remains in the Worker's Provinces. It continues to be a no-go zone with no police or fire protection, water or electrical service. Private companies such as delivery services and household helpers may not be employed there. Residents may be employed outside the Colony provided they are in the jobs they held when they were sent there. Once that person is unemployed by reason of termination, retirement, or death, no one in the Colony may apply for or be offered a job outside of that zone.

The oldest sector of the Glorious Kingdom will be the exclusive residences of the military. They may dress as they please and their tax rate remains monetarily at 0 percent, but all male offspring will become military officers.

People may continue to move within from one town in their assigned province to any other and occupy any home they can afford.

As always, children remain our most precious resource. It continues to be the duty of every citizen to add to our future by trying to produce offspring. In advancement of that goal, a governmental dowry will be given to couples joined in wedlock. Each marriage will be gifted 50,000NR. An additional 50,000NR will be gifted upon the birth of each child.

As always, couples not blessed with children, an all too often curse, may apply for a handmaid. Couples requesting this may live in any province. They must demonstrate: 1) adequate income with at least 100,000NR in a governmental fortified bank account, 2) a legal marriage license, 3) room in their home for the handmaid to be given a suite of her own, complete with adjoining bath.

THIS IS PROCLAIMED LAW OF OUR GLORIOUS KINGDOM BY LORD KRANKOR AND THE CHICKEN COURT.

THAT IS ALL.

Where does this leave the HIcks'? They've been on the run for a while, finally trying to make a life in an abandoned hostel located in the Ushtown District, now part of the Professional Provinces. They've been hung up for awhile because they are having to try to change their identities. Sinjin changed his name to Hiram and had plastic surgery. The only other person in the 11-member household who is legally allowed to work is Elden. He's about to lose his good job because he can't go in since he's a wanted man. The family doesn't have the money to pay for plastic surgery and new identity papers for him. They've been trying to save up.

Now that plan has to be on hold because Sinjin has to hire someone to forge college transcripts and a degree for him. On top of that, no one can leave the house since their pictures are being flashed on screens everywhere.

Their lives have gotten very dicey. One wonders whether they wouldn't have been better off just surrendering and being sent to the prison colony after all.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3269 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:44 PM
The ex-uni cow stole a cow...

She lives in a trailer park, I have no idea where she thinks she will hide it.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3270 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 5:59 PM
going to start a loosely medieval/apocalyptic neighborhood or might just play with widespot.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3271 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The ex-uni cow stole a cow...

She lives in a trailer park, I have no idea where she thinks she will hide it.

What kind of cows do you have that others can steal them?

Scholar
#3272 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:33 PM
Wow, I haven't played in a long time!

Tank and Blossom might as well be called the Downtown Grunts now, and tried to make their apartment cosier. They got rid of the improvised crate-bed and put in a proper sofabed (yes, the real working one!) as well as a beanbag ottoman to make a sitting area when combined with the bed in sofa-mode. Blossom tried to teach Tiffany Holmo the roommate how to hula dance, and wound up teaching half the neighbours when they moved out to the alley between apartments after Tank got home and complained about how they were taking up too much room in the apartment. This revealed the deep disgust some of the neighbours have for each other, and a fight broke out right in front of the landlord! Blossom fled around the back of the complex, then left Tiffany to egg on further fighting while she retired to the apartment to, erm...spend time with Tank. That meant trying for a baby, because Blossom very much wanted one and felt that they were in a stable enough living situation for one now. It took three times before there was a lullaby, and they were sound asleep after it...until an abominable cacophony sprang up just behind their heads. Figuring they might as well make the best of it, they got up, and while Tank made food, Blossom turned on the radio, folded the bed up, and threw a building party. If there was going to be noise, everyone might as well have fun.

Hah! Three fights, a flooded bathroom, a slap-fest-chase by a pair of neighbours around the complex, and finally, to top it all off...the same neighbour who made the noise to start with finally emerged to bang on the door and tell the Grunts to turn down their noise. Tank had some harsh words worthy of his father, while Blossom thought that being on the other side of the wall from the noise would be a meaningful lesson and would lead to quiet...

That didn't work out either. With the radio off, the party over, and Tiffany at work, the Grunts went back to bed. First Tiffany Santandre the creepy vampire strolled in, sat on the beanbag, and stared at Blossom as she slept (she was thinking of Blossom and only Blossom the whole time). Then, shortly after she left, the noisy and complaining neighbour started up again, having learned no lesson. Irate, Tank sprang from bed and pounded on the wall, shouting that someone who complained about a party had no right to make noise at three in the morning -- weekend or not! Blossom didn't think that would solve anything, but the noise quieted...for now. Thankfully, they're in an end unit, and so only have one neighbour to make a racket like that!
Theorist
#3273 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:06 PM
Finally managed to get Elden Hick hitched in my neighbourhood. After Mama's attempts to set him up with the widow next door failed, I, without thinking all that much about it just placed the Kat household that came with Pets and...sure enough Elden and Tara met on a community lot (Rodney's Hideout) and had 3 Bolts in attraction. They had a whirlwind romance, married and now live in Tara's house with her three cats and Elden's dog, Bobo...surprisingly all the pets, except for the two lady cats, get along with each other.
The next step will be getting Bobo and the cats jobs, then have Tara and Elden have a baby and finally breed two of Samantha's cats (probably Mickey and Felina) for my first ever litter of kittens.

Not sure what to do with Mama, she's now living all alone in that trailer. I suppose Elden and Tara will regularly send her money with that money order mod. She could also go next door to bug her sister (Betty Newbie) or maybe, with Elden out of the house she'll get herself out there again and experience somewhat of a second spring.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3274 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
What kind of cows do you have that others can steal them?

@smorbie1 If you click on the picture so it is bigger you will see the cow in the window it popped up, a Friesian cow by Sun&Moon. They added a chance that sims of a certain personality can autonomously steal them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#3275 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:06 AM
A lot has happened in the last few irl days in my game!

Kesry - Silas' Line

Silas found new love in military woman Jessica Dice, and they soon married. He's been having a rough time since his wife, Elizabeth Heathers, left him for another man. Silas and his kids, Lily and Chase, will have to learn to live at the island's military base. How will the little family handle this change of culture?

Rite - Seth's Line

Seth and his wife Alyssa Lynn are doing pretty well. They're worried that their daughter Amy is going to start walking a dangerous line now that she's a teenager. They know she's been sneaking out at night, but they're not sure where she's going or how they're supposed to deal with the situation. Meanwhile, with young Simon finally in school, Seth and Alyssa are able to start focusing more on their careers--at least as long as their daughter's willing to babysit.

Rite - Piper's Line

Piper and her husband Remy Vic broke up after the birth of their second daughter (they have two daughters, Primrose and Pixie). They couldn't stop arguing about who got to go to work and who had to stay home with the kids. They both wanted to advance in their careers. She dumped him; rather unfortunately, a nanny service, which easily could've saved them the heartbreak, opened up not long after their divorce. They'd reached the point of no return, much to the dismay of Prim.

Piper resented her older daughter, blaming her for the problems she had with her ex. She took all of her anger out on Prim. In her teen years, Primrose's outfit was randomized to one that was EXACTLY like what Avril Lavigne wore in the early 2000s: sleeveless shirt with a tie! I thought that was funny and ran with the idea of Prim being super rebellious. She kept hanging out at the abandoned house, a secret place that the town's teens go to when they're bored or want to get away from their families. She ended up flirting with this guy named Dylan one night, and one thing led to another...

Primrose didn't want to risk her mother knowing about her pregnancy, because she knew that Piper would only stress her out even more. So when her mom got home from work and passed out into bed, Primrose stole $10,000 from the household funds, and tiptoed out of the house. She moved in next door (which her mom doesn't know about because Prim doesn't go outside unless she knows her mother is at work), where Dylan lived by himself. He invited her to live with him so they could try to work things out. Piper is livid that her daughter stole money and ran away, but she has no idea that she's going to be a grandmother.

Fairchild - Mila's Line

I've written several posts about Mila, so if you're catching this for the first time, I'd highly recommend giving those a glance.

Mila Fairchild, the town's bicycle, grew more aggressive the older she got. She harassed her teenage son Finn, her drunk, incoherent screaming destroying their relationship within hours. They fought constantly until she became an elder and died. "The moment you're eighteen," she told him, "you're out of here, and I'm not giving you any money."

Was it her new husband Loren making her like this? His indifference to his step-son was staggering, but Finn didn't have proof of anything.

Mila's death didn't shake the household for long. The boys were asleep and Loren cried for only a few minutes before learning he'd be receiving $20,000 in inheritance and Spencer would be getting an additional $8,000. His thoughts turned to all the women he'd be free to flirt with with his much-older wife dead. At this rate, he wouldn't have to work another day in his life.

When Finn woke up that morning, Loren broke the news to him, then drove him over to the local orphanage. He claimed it was Mila's last wish, and that she'd said that Finn's father wouldn't want him. Loren certainly didn't want to deal with him.

With nothing but the clothes on his back, Finn knocked on the door to the orphanage and was welcome with open arms. His goal is to earn enough money during his teen years to buy a house and open a pet store as soon as he becomes an adult.

Leaf

Alyssa and Josh had several conversations about the possibility of having another child. Alyssa didn't care either way and Josh desperately wanted one more kid before they aged up. They tried every night until Thursday, when Alyssa's sleep motive dropped too far and she almost miscarried (for once, I couldn't tell that she was pregnant!). A few days later, she gave birth to Eli and Luke, and the family was forced to move into a larger home on the military base.

Next Up

I'm going to have to take a deep breath before I head into the Hanamura household: A single mother with two sets of twins: Abigail and Emma, who are children, and Akihiko and Kagami, who are toddlers. Will Yuki ever find a job, or love, again, or will her kids keep her tied down? How's she going to pay the bills?

I guess I'll find out tomorrow (and then I'll inevitably share it with you all ).
Page 131 of 351