Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 12:12 AM Last edited by gazania : 24th Mar 2016 at 12:26 AM.
Default About Bigfoot and the Secret Lot
I'm reading this Wikia item carefully, but want to make sure I'm understanding stuff here.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bigfoot

I've finished my test vacation lot, except for the Bigfoot cabin and secret lot. I've backed up to this point, just in case. I'm now hesitating about doing a Bigfoot lot, though. According to this post, however, I can delay it without any problems and just enjoy testing all the lots I've created for months before I add this lot.I just won't get all the mementoes, but I believe I can use the actual Three Lakes to fill in the blanks if I'm that desperate. Or am I misunderstanding anything? (First question.)

http://modthesims.info/m/showthread...001#post4974001

But if I do decide to eventually build the hidden lot, I'd like to make sure I got my Bigfoot facts straight.

Am I correct here? (Second question)

There are two Bigfoots. "Bigfoot bigfoot" is a hidden NPC, and NOT the one you meet on the lot. You have to be out to summon him. Don't mess with this one.
The Bigfoot you meet in the cabin (no roof? Odd) ... that one you can interact with fairly normally and ask to move in. He will have one different name than Bigfoot Bigfoot.

Actually, I probably will never move in a Bigfoot because I have ACR, and the last thing I would need is a frisky Sim to be infatuated with Tall, Brown and Hairy enough to autonomously woo-hoo with him. Yuck. But I think I should at least make sure I understand the basics about building the lot and interacting with him if I do build this lot in the future. Strangely, ever since that tour guide called my Sim, my policy is to stay away from non-playable NPCs that could even vaguely harm my game, and no, I don't usually go near these types. So I might sound REALLY ignorant about Bigfoot, and I fully admit it.

Reference:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bigfoot

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 12:15 AM
You can't have Romance with Bigfoot without the Bigfoot Romance mod.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 12:21 AM
I'm not exactly talking about romance, though. My friskiest Sims don't think about hearts and flowers. I've had some really pleased visitors who managed to approach these Sims when the Sims were in the mood. One reason why the Charlatan is always banned from my lots.

I would be concerned that a woo-hoo memory with Bigfoot and one of my more amorous Sims could cause SOME sort of trouble, since you're not supposed to interact with him that way. I've seen Mrs. C and a Sim woohoo thanks to one of my romance mods, so I know to be really careful with these. I was REALLY lucky the hood didn't implode after that, but the unpleasant memory of her apparently-hidden amorous ways still remains. But I guess I could download that mod if I do move him in. Thank you!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 2:15 AM
Bigfoot Bigfoot is one of the universal sims (i.e. one of the ones you don't want to interact with and change their sim files). However, you never see him in game. The Bigfeet you meet on holiday/vacation are clones of the original Bigfoot, have been made playable and have their own sim files which reside in your particular neighbourhood. Hence interacting with them is just fine. Plant sims work a bit like this too (actually not quite but there is a universal plantsim but again you never see him in game).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc