Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:38 PM
Default What are you making for the pets theme?
What are everyone's ideas for the theme?

I am working on a few pet beds, and a cat collar with a bow.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:43 PM
My main goal for this theme is a global mod that removes the relationship requirement for pet breeding. I promised Karen Lorraine I'd make it a year ago, but forgot (I'm sorry! My memory is not to be trusted) so this is a great opportunity to actually get it done.

I also have a couple of surprises, but not going to say what in case I don't have time. Resuming studies in two weeks so not sure how much time I'll have in the end

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:57 PM
All depends on how my condition goes. I'd love to create another pet breed, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 7:01 PM
i might create for the first time,if i do it'll be a pet i think

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:58 PM
I have no ideas for pets - atm.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
My main goal for this theme is a global mod that removes the relationship requirement for pet breeding.

I will love you forever if you manage to make this! I've been after a mod like this for years. Pretty much since Pets came out, in fact!

I will continue working on the default replacement dog coat markings that I started the other day. I want to replace the "stars" and "zebra" markings with two different dalmatian spots markings. Thanks to Zena-Dew-Drop over at GOS I have managed to make a start, now I just have to sit down and do all the spots! And figure out how to change the text and the thumbnail in CAS....

I may well not get the coat marking DR's finished before the end of February, so I will make something else as well, just to be sure to contribute to the theme. Possibly another set of greetings cards, or perhaps some decorative Simlish "pet care" books (or readable books, even?), magazines and/or posters (for dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, womrats, parrots, fish and perhaps some CC pets as well) as I would quite like some for my latest 'hood.

And I am also thinking about making a set of decorative (or readable, that would be even better) Simlish/alien-language books, which I would like to have in-game to pretend that PT#9 brought them with him when he came to earth. I could make some of them about pets so that they fit the theme! I was thinking about doing some general animal ones, so one or two pets-specific ones would be cool.
Theorist
#7 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:36 PM
How does one go about sharing a new breed? What is required and involved to make sure it's done correctly? A while back I made a breed that I really like, but I guess I didn't save it right as I have package files, but I can't get them to show up in game. I can open them up in SimPE and look at them. It makes me sad as I'd really like to be able to get them fixed so I can have them back in my game. If I can get it fixed I'd love to share them. I have remade the breed itself, but as always with a remade you never get exactly as you've had it before.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
*snip*
Possibly another set of greetings cards, or perhaps some decorative Simlish "pet care" books (or readable books, even?), magazines and/or posters (for dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, womrats, parrots, fish and perhaps some CC pets as well) as I would quite like some for my latest 'hood.

And I am also thinking about making a set of decorative (or readable, that would be even better) Simlish/alien-language books, which I would like to have in-game to pretend that PT#9 brought them with him when he came to earth. I could make some of them about pets so that they fit the theme! I was thinking about doing some general animal ones, so one or two pets-specific ones would be cool.

Yes, so much yes! I was so thinking someone should make some paw-some greeting cards for our furry ones. That and "pet care" books - YES! :lovestruc
I can't do any of that. Haha.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
How does one go about sharing a new breed? What is required and involved to make sure it's done correctly? A while back I made a breed that I really like, but I guess I didn't save it right as I have package files, but I can't get them to show up in game. I can open them up in SimPE and look at them. It makes me sad as I'd really like to be able to get them fixed so I can have them back in my game. If I can get it fixed I'd love to share them. I have remade the breed itself, but as always with a remade you never get exactly as you've had it before.

Have a look at the Creator Guidelines for pets:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Guidelines/Pets

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#10 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:38 PM
How long does the theme last?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:10 AM
January 1 to February 28 or thereabouts. We aim for themes to be 2 months, but last theme was 3 months due to being over the holidays.

I am thinking of taking a crack at those pet cards, great idea Golden.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:17 AM
Okay, thanks. There's a mod on my to do list that fits in this theme, and that should be plenty of time to thoroughly test it. Plus, the looming deadline will help me actually finish it instead of starting it, then abandoning it in the huge folder of other mostly finished unreleased projects. I forgot to mention that my plan is to enable that hidden toddler/dog "stroke" interaction.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
My main goal for this theme is a global mod that removes the relationship requirement for pet breeding. I promised Karen Lorraine I'd make it a year ago, but forgot (I'm sorry! My memory is not to be trusted) so this is a great opportunity to actually get it done.
Sends @Gummilutt a huge big sloppy kiss!

I will try to build a pet themed community store or if the mod gets made maybe a pet breeding kennel/cattery!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 1:17 AM
Damn, I just did all my pet ideas over Christmas.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 1:39 AM
oh I am sure you can come up with another one or two @Charity
Mad Poster
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:01 AM
There's a few things that I'm not sure are really worth uploading. I'll have to think of something new.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:30 AM
When I saw those uploads I thought oh no and pets is coming up next! But it was nice they were out for Christmas.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Sends Gummilutt a huge big sloppy kiss!

*is wet*

I'm making good progress on it. I think I know why it's not been done before (curse you luas!) but so far it's promising. I'm hopeful I may have a first attempt for testing by tomorrow

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
January 1 to February 28 or thereabouts. We aim for themes to be 2 months, but last theme was 3 months due to being over the holidays.

I am thinking of taking a crack at those pet cards, great idea Golden.

Oh totally not my idea, Jo! I was just showing excitement at Lauratje86's idea. That said, I'm sure there is always room for more cards. Variety is the spice of life!

Omgosh I hope someone does something with Garfield and Snoopy. :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 10:21 PM
Oops didn't notice lauratje86 was thinking of making cards, I saw coats and books, I will think of something else.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Oops didn't notice lauratje86 was thinking of making cards, I saw coats and books, I will think of something else.

I plan on making a set of Friendship cards using pictures of Tara & Ginia Kat's cats (as I am currently working on a version of Strangetown where 'Ginia's Pet Emporium' is a well established and loved local business, having been around for the past 40+ yeardays, and Tara Kat will sell the cards in the shop). If I have time I will also do a set of Christmas cards featuring Tara & Ginia Kat's cats. Possibly some posters/prints of (you guessed it!) pictures of Tara & Ginia Kat's cats! :-D If you have ideas for any other greetings cards please do make them; I love having lots of different cards for my sims to send! :-)

I do also hope to make a set of 'pet care' books, magazines and posters, which will also feature in Ginia's Pet Emporium, but they may have to stay on the to-do list until my next non-half-term holiday off work, as they will probably take quite a bit of time....

Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
Omgosh I hope someone does something with Garfield and Snoopy. :lovestruc

I made a couple of sets of Snoopy cards for past themes :-D I love Snoopy! I would love to see some Garfield greetings cards or prints. And perhaps Snoopy and Garfield book recolours? There are so many possibilities for this theme!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 3:10 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 4th Jan 2018 at 4:54 AM.
If anyone has the inclination and the technical know-how and is short on ideas, one thing I would love to see is a form of ACR for pets. Two pets of the same breed, opposite genders, and a high enough relationship might autonomously head to a doghouse on the lot and try to breed.

Anyways, I'll start thinking of a pet breed. Feeling rather optimistic about the treatment.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#23 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:15 PM
I mentioned it in hacks thread so might as well say it here too. I'm going to fix birds, if I have time. I'm not convinced caged fixes does much to solve the hunger problem, and I don't hunger should be the primary cause of death either way. I'm going to give them a time span and make it decay daily just like Sims, and make it so hunger can't kill the bird. Will probably not be perfect, it is a very buggy object, but hopefully slightly more realistic.

My arthritis has flared up so too brain foggy to do pets try for babies at the moment, but I am confident it will be out sometime this theme

Mad Poster
#24 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 2:38 AM
If you have modified something by another creator and can't find their terms of use what should you do? Don't upload it in case they don't want that? Do it anyway and just change it if they complain?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:13 AM
@Charity Post in creator issues with a link.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 3