Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:50 AM
Basement with an elevator?
So, I've been looking around everywhere to find an answer to this, but haven't found even a mention of it.
I know there are many ways to make basements in TS2 but is there any way to place a working elevator in them? I tried to on my own with no results
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 4:39 PM
Yes, I have several lots with basements which have working elevators.

You need to make sure that the basement rooms are the correct height (12 clicks, the same height as a standard wall) and then the elevators work as usual.

Here's one of my basement apartments, which has an elevator as well as a spiral stair leading to the communal area.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, I have several lots with basements which have working elevators.

You need to make sure that the basement rooms are the correct height (12 clicks, the same height as a standard wall) and then the elevators work as usual.

Here's one of my basement apartments, which has an elevator as well as a spiral stair leading to the communal area.

Oh, that looks amazing! Thank you, I guess I must have been doing it wrong all this time
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:32 PM
Simsample: Very nice basement!