Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 10:35 PM
Default What will you do?
I'm not sure where / or if I can post this, or if this is even the right forum to post this in, and yes, I did read the rules and everything. But I'll post this anyways since it is something to discuss, even if not true. I'm sorry if this breaks any rules. but I didn't see anything against this

For a long time, one question has arisen many times. One question that some many do not have an answer for. A question many are not prepared for.

What will you do when a zombie pandemic starts and begins spreading across the world. Here is a thread I found on a different website asking the same question with more information than needed. I have provided the link so you can look at others answers, but the first post is below.
http://www.smosh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19948

Alright. it is obvious that a zombie attack is imminent.

What will you do?

Here are the basics:

There are different classifications of zombies- slow, fast, natural (zombies that were created through disease), and supernatural (zombies created through demons).

The best way to kill any kind of zombie, and the only way to kill supernatural zombies, is by killing the brain.

Preparation

Start scouting out stores with big supplies of food, water, and weapons, with very little entrances. An example of a place like this would be WalMart, but WalMart does have a few flaws. It has many glass entrances, and the walls and ceilings are very easy to break through. An underground army base would be a good place to hide, but many people do not have access to them. DO NOT go to a mall. There is not enough food and water to support humans for a long period of time, and there are too many entrances. Start thinking of possible weapons you could use.

Beginning of the Attack

Once the attack begins, go to the safe-place you picked. If you are going there by car, make sure not to ever stop while driving. Zombies can easily break through car windows. Don't go in a flat-bed truck, because zombies can easily get into the bed of the truck. Factor in how many zombies there are. If there aren't incredibly large crowds of them, a fast car would be best: you could quickly travel and occasionally run down a few zombies as needed. If you are driving through large crowds of zombies, an SUV would be good: you can run over many zombies with the SUV's power. You could also use an 18 wheeler, but it may not be the best idea because they don't accelerate very fast. The best vehicle would be a tank or a helicopter, but very few people have access to those.

Weapons

Guns:
Good for emergencies, mostly attacks of small numbers of zombies, and kill zombies the fastest and easiest. They are not good for extended use. They are especially bad in large crowds of zombies. Once you run out of ammo, it may be too late before you reload.

Chainsaws and Related Items:
Can be used for a longer period of time than guns, but can still eventually run out of fuel. Best in mid-size, close range groups of zombies. Chainsaws may be hard to handle for a weak person. Depending on the person, chainsaws can be either fast or slow means of killing zombies. Chainsaws may leave one susceptible to attack from behind.

Bats, Swords, Bars, and Other Related Objects:
Can be used for the longest period of time since they do not require any fuel or reloading. Depending on the object, can kill zombies ranging from one blow to several blows. Best for close range crowds of zombies that are very small to mid size. The person wielding the weapon may tire; once they tire, they can easily be killed.

Bombs:
Best to kill mid size to large crowds of far-away zombies. Bombs kill the zombies quickly and easily. Bombs are not easily replenished and the sounds of the bombs may attract other zombies.

Fire:
Zombies are very afraid of fire. While it would take a long time to actually kill a zombie with fire, you could scare away or distract a zombie with fire.

Survival

Always listen to the radio and find out where the zombie outbreak is occurring. Is it your city? Your country? Your continent? The world? If it is only in your city, flee to a neighboring city, and eventually to a further away city- the zombie invasion may spread. If it is your country, flee to a far away country,
but possibly keep in mind the option of finding a safe place in your current location. If it is in your continent, try your best to flee to a different one. You probably won't be able to because too many people will be trying to do the same thing, so make serious plans for hiding in a safe place. If it is the world, you have no choice but to stay in a safe place. It might be a good idea, however, so go to a city or village with a smaller population. An island might be a good idea in the case of natural zombies, because it would be hard for the infection to travel over water; there is also a down side to this, too: if the infection comes to or is on the island, that puts you in a very bad situation. In the case of a supernatural zombie invasion, never go to an island- zombies can walk on the bottom of bodies of water.

Once you have chosen your safe place, you must fortify it. Boards may serve as an emergency barrier, but don't count on them long-term. Hopefully your safe place has cement or some heavy duty building supply. Make a sturdy wall with these supplies. Fortify the most fragile or susceptible entrances first, and work your way onto fortifying the sturdier ones. Check your barriers everyday and make sure they are holding up. Make sure that your ceilings are secure, too; if they aren't, do anything you can to make them secure. Try to pick a safe place with decently sturdy walls and ceilings.

Long Term Survival

Unless you plan to move from your safe place to another one, you will want to make your safe place suitable for long term survival. This means you need food, water, warmth, and some protection. if you have a large enough group, you may want some snipers to take shifts on the rooftop. On the roof, you will also need some kind of garden, many buckets for water collection, and maybe even a few animals. If there is no electricity, you will need something to keep you warm in the winter, so hopefully your safe place has extra clothing or blankets. Since it is hard to grow food in the winter, you may want to extend the size of your farm and live completely off of animals. If it is necessary, you can use their fur or feathers for warmth. You may ask, where would these animals come from? Though it is kind of gross, pigeons and rats are edible. Just make sure hat their meat is thoroughly cooked and that they aren't zombies. You may want a toilet on the roof as well, because if there isn't any plumbing, an inside toilet would be really stinky and unsanitary.

And so with that, I wish to know what you plan to do for a zombie attack?
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 8:01 PM
I dunno if this is the right forum, but I think I'd run and hide somewhere. And probably get zombified at some point, but there we go.