Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#676 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_1996
what is the meaning of test triplets in basket???
because when i try it ders no character

Maybe that's mean the sims can have triplets.
Advertisement
Scholar
#677 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Lily
Maybe that's mean the sims can have triplets.

It's a left over from TS3 debug. It doesn't function in TSM except to drop 3 invisible children/nameplates in to a rock near the blacksmiths (always 3 girls in my experience), the game enters them in to someone's family tree, and they'll appear in that character's relationship bar, but they don't really exist so you can't interact with them.
Test Subject
#678 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 2:04 AM
Can't wait to try this. Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#679 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 6:15 PM
Thank you for an awesome mod!

This may have been asked (sorry if it has), but does edit in CAS and changing a sims' traits break the save? I did it to one sim in a save and it didn't show their relationship anymore when my sim interacted with her and he wasn't able to woohoo with her even though there were plenty of spots available. I have established that my mods are working with the tutorial and they are in the correct spot in program files>origin games>the sims medieval in the mods folder with the dll downloaded from here Testingcheats are enabled and the game has been patched after downloading.

I went back to an earlier save when I had not changed traits and everything worked fine. I just wondered if this was a no no for future reference.
Lab Assistant
#680 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 12:38 AM
You do definitely need to be careful with what you edit, when using this. While that interaction is not actually developed by Grim, but a debug interaction that his mod gives you the ability to enable, it's limited what could have been done differently. I have released a standalone Edit In CAS mod that fixes some of the issues with CAS. But you still need to be careful as that's not perfect by any stretch either, and without completely rewriting the craptastic mess that EA provided us with, a perfect Edit In CAS mod is simply not possible.

So my advice on this, is generally only to edit the stuff that you wouldn't otherwise be able to, and use the dresser for the rest. In regards to traits, use the "modify traits for active hero" cheat interaction instead.
Test Subject
#681 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 8:02 PM
I have a problem, with this mod my game would't load
Sorry for my bad english
Game Version : 1.3.13.00001
Lab Assistant
#682 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
You do definitely need to be careful with what you edit, when using this. While that interaction is not actually developed by Grim, but a debug interaction that his mod gives you the ability to enable, it's limited what could have been done differently. I have released a standalone Edit In CAS mod that fixes some of the issues with CAS. But you still need to be careful as that's not perfect by any stretch either, and without completely rewriting the craptastic mess that EA provided us with, a perfect Edit In CAS mod is simply not possible.

So my advice on this, is generally only to edit the stuff that you wouldn't otherwise be able to, and use the dresser for the rest. In regards to traits, use the "modify traits for active hero" cheat interaction instead.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#683 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 4:38 PM
Sul sul!
Tq's so much Sir Grim 4 this epic mod :D
just a quick yet silly question,

is it possible for my Wizard to add Abner (the Simulacrum) into his tower via become family member with Treeag's debug enabler?

then add the "Magic" + "Magicraft" + "Utility Spells" using your Add Abilities interaction and turn him into a semi-adept-wizard like the Hopeful mage from the Gilded guilds quest?

(because when i finished the quest by giving him the broom i thought it would make him my cleaning buddy but instead he went home to the village like other NPC's )

then I my wizard can hang with 2 Magi's in his home including Hopeful <insert_sim_name_here>

Again, love the mod and tq for your hard,hard work making this game more medieval and fun!
Test Subject
#684 Old 13th May 2015 at 10:33 AM
I was wondering if it was possible to change the randomly assigned male maternity clothes with the debug plan outfit option and if there is a way to sort them like the normal clothes where certain outfits are available to certain professions? Since my wizard got this really unsuitable peasant-ish looking outfit which doesn't go well with his entitled and hubris traits at all....it's not really a big deal it's just more of me being picky and liking things to be certain ways with my sims.
Test Subject
#685 Old 16th May 2015 at 8:01 PM
Thanks for the great mod! Not sure about ya all, but for some reason, when I added the abilities to my Monarch (really wanted him to be a sword/magic wielding Monarch), he ended up being able to cast spells but lost the ability to spar/challenge duels. If someone could enlighten me on this, that would be great.
Lab Assistant
#686 Old 24th May 2015 at 3:52 PM
For whatever reason, I can't seem to get this mod to work. Every file is where it's supposed to be - I've followed the instructions multiple times to be sure - but it's not appearing in the game. I used to use this mod on my PC, and it always worked fine; now I'm using a Mac - could this be part of the problem? (I still made sure it was in the right spot, but maybe something else is effecting it? And help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#687 Old 24th May 2015 at 4:06 PM
As the games scripting engine runs on Mono, just like TS3, it should make no difference whether you're using Windows or OSX. Have you tried installing other mods to see if they work?
Lab Assistant
#688 Old 25th May 2015 at 4:40 PM
I did, and nothing worked; last night, I screwed around with it some more and finally got it working (I replaced my Resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll), but now the game crashes randomly. (I only have Grim's Core and the Male Maternity Clothing) Sometimes when it crashes I get this message: "Exception raised error. Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x100d84ba. Do you wish to debug it?" but no matter what I choose, the game still exits out. It was running fine before.
Lab Assistant
#689 Old 25th May 2015 at 6:18 PM
Hm. When you open the TSM launcher - what version do you have?
Lab Assistant
#690 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:18 PM
Never mind - I did some googling and found out that, because I'm using a Mac, I need to clear the cache basically every time I play; once I did, it worked fine. Sorry about the trouble - I'm fairly new to using a Mac (for gaming, anyway).
Test Subject
#691 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 4:17 AM
This doesn't seem to be working for me :/
I downloaded the zips and put them into the Packages folder in the Mods folder. I don't have the Debug Enabler that I know of.
I'm having trouble finding where to put the d3dx9_31.dll file, so I just put absolutely everywhere because I have no idea where to find the Game/Bin folder.
Please help 3:
Scholar
#692 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 6:17 PM
If you haven't found it already, the Bin folder is here:
C:\ Program Files (x86) \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims Medieval \ Game \ Bin
Field Researcher
#693 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
It's a left over from TS3 debug. It doesn't function in TSM except to drop 3 invisible children/nameplates in to a rock near the blacksmiths (always 3 girls in my experience), the game enters them in to someone's family tree, and they'll appear in that character's relationship bar, but they don't really exist so you can't interact with them.

Well, you know, Chickie, this Triplets Interaction in Grims Core has its use. I told you this before, but I'm not certain if you read it.
This is the trick I use to enable my monarch to have as many children living in the Throne Room as he wishes in whatever kingdom we are in at any moment. LOL

You see, once the Triplets Baby Basket Interaction is applied to a sim, when the sim in question has natural children, adopted, or kidnapped (LOL), the game will also include in the list of children you have the option of choosing to depart the home the 3 Triplet girls. By TSM default, no more than 3 children can live in a home. As you know they are sent off to wherever a Watcher chooses from the selection they're given....although we know by now that they are truly living in the village.

When the new babies are born, and the game pops up that window telling a Watcher they must assign a child out to seek their future, all a Watcher has to do, is select one of the Triplets to leave, and since they do not truly exist, no child really leaves the home. SOOOO, all the newly born children thereafter get to stay in the parent's home.

The "Triplet's" continuously show up in the window for choosing which child must depart, and I mean Repeatedly. So if a Watcher wanted 90 kids living in the Throne Room or any other hero sims' home, they can do so, although I think it might be hard to handle for the game.

Talk about Sims bumping into each other! LOL

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Scholar
#694 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
Well, you know, Chickie, this Triplets Interaction in Grims Core has its use. I told you this before, but I'm not certain if you read it.
This is the trick I use to enable my monarch to have as many children living in the Throne Room as he wishes in whatever kingdom we are in at any moment. LOL

You see, once the Triplets Baby Basket Interaction is applied to a sim, when the sim in question has natural children, adopted, or kidnapped (LOL), the game will also include in the list of children you have the option of choosing to depart the home the 3 Triplet girls. By TSM default, no more than 3 children can live in a home. As you know they are sent off to wherever a Watcher chooses from the selection they're given....although we know by now that they are truly living in the village.

When the new babies are born, and the game pops up that window telling a Watcher they must assign a child out to seek their future, all a Watcher has to do, is select one of the Triplets to leave, and since they do not truly exist, no child really leaves the home. SOOOO, all the newly born children thereafter get to stay in the parent's home.

The "Triplet's" continuously show up in the window for choosing which child must depart, and I mean Repeatedly. So if a Watcher wanted 90 kids living in the Throne Room or any other hero sims' home, they can do so, although I think it might be hard to handle for the game.

Talk about Sims bumping into each other! LOL

Xeny

Sorry, I must have missed that post. This is good to know. I'll certainly try it out, with the family mod removed.
I sometimes get the triplets dropped in to the rock randomly (by which I mean I've never selected the option) I have to hunt around for who they belong to.
Do you know if there can be only one set? What happens if you select the triplets option on multiple sims?
Field Researcher
#695 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Sorry, I must have missed that post. This is good to know. I'll certainly try it out, with the family mod removed.
I sometimes get the triplets dropped in to the rock randomly (by which I mean I've never selected the option) I have to hunt around for who they belong to.
Do you know if there can be only one set? What happens if you select the triplets option on multiple sims?

From my experience, yes, it can be applied by more than just one sim parent. I have done so before, but did not go beyond that as the relationship inventory was over-full to me, and I was having a heck of a time scrolling through to find a particular sim I had a need of locating, or else confirming their death, or lack thereof...some ape Xylan sent to the Pit and was too tied up to view their last breath...or possibly if the Constable, the blind, and slow-poke allowed them to "go home" escape for a day or two...Now, if he does not appear in a timely manner, I take control of the criminal amd teleport them to the Judgement Zone and make them wittle until the Drums sound, them release them to their end. If Griselda lets them off, there be a swordsman standing there to deliver to The Reaper what is his. Justice Be Done!

As to the selecting triplets for multiple sims, I just chose two, Xylan, and Lagger who was married to the Trader. Nothing different occurred, or had gone wacko, but I just didn't care for the over-crowding of the relationship directory, as it were. Xylan has had as many as 15 children living in the Throne Room, no loss of any other household members, but as I try and adhere to a strict bedtime for kids of 10 o'clock, it became too much to handle, as the more kids were born, the more snotty, and deaf to rules they became...so NOW, when children are produced in my kingdoms, in order to have a powership if you will to keep the calm, as it were, I take control of the kids shortly, seek out every hero sim in the kingdom in PAUSED mode, and select every hero sim to be their GOOD friend, so each hero sim has the ability to order the children to GO TO BED, if they do not adhere to my locking the door, lowering their energy level, and putting them to bed. Releasing them causes them to "wake Up" but usually with the door locked, they return immediately to bed. Rarely they do not, but then I have a hero sim set and ready to command them! As you know, a person, even their parent, must have a GOOD friend relationship or higher to be enabled to tell a child GO TO BED!

I have before had troubles with Xylans relationship directory/inventory. It was partially the color of blood red, some of the squares that is, where a sim pic ought to be, and it was during a time using the triplets interaction, however, his directory was this odd color before using it, so the triplets option was not to blame....don't know what was, but every now and again, TSM has very odd behaviors....to this day, after so many years, I still do not fathom why Doc Blade Bungle cannot marry anyone associated or living near the Throne Room without a near complete destruction of the kingdom as it was known. Tole ya how before mods the game had him tapped out as one of Xylan's children just because he had married the female knight...I ended up crazily with two knights (same sim), and two kings, both of them Xylan! Xylan level 2,436 killed Xylan level 1 in less than two point two seconds! Doc has been terrified of marriage ever since!

One more thing, off subject Chickie, is I wanted to tell you for some time, that it is possible to marry, and have children with the Game Player default sims, such as Cap't Darktide, and Dacien Landegraab. and even the Hedge wizard, and the shipwrecked sailor. My hero sims have married all of them, except Dacien Landegaab, although my bard had his baby, and Xylan took the baby girl in as his ward. I had control of Dacien during this time, and I consider it one of the most funny and thrilling games I've played. I've got pics, and I've even carried Dacien Landegraab over into my saved sims folder. I haven't yet used him as a hero sim, but the game I know will not recognize him as Dacien but as a hero sim I created. But ah who minds that? Qyall married Darktide, even though Xylan had banished her from the kingdom, but as he had had an affair with her previously, he really didn't mind that she stayed. She was fine, except that she spent much of her time in the Throne and Reception Hall locations during the day and much of the evening...probably confused. LOL

Hope this info musters you to try some new and crazy scenarios with you game, Madame Chickieteeta! I have had some of the best times playing my game due to these impulsive relationships with the defaulted "cannot marry as they are too busy" sims. LMAO!

Xeny + = Xylan

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#696 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:53 PM
I think this is an awesome mod, but I have a request: is still available the 1.3.13.beta of this mod? I prefer that patch instead of 2.0, but I can' find this file anywhere...
Test Subject
#697 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:30 PM Last edited by sora1914kairi : 5th Jul 2015 at 11:43 PM.
GrimsMedievalCore_V_2_0_13_001.betazip worked well with me the beta wish for child is gone and adopt child is by messenger post is gone
but you can enable it in settings it also has debug options were you can set kingdom aspects
Test Subject
#698 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 8:05 PM
Default Confused About Numbers!!!!
Would I only need one of these mods?
Scholar
#699 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BogusAva
Would I only need one of these mods?

Yes, the one that matches your game version.
Test Subject
#700 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 1:52 PM
Hey! I used this mod and it's amazing! However, I've noticed that there's death type from the murder option called "Overdose". I never experienced this kind of death before and it sound interesting. How do you make a sim die by overdose normally?
Page 28 of 31