Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12876 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:44 PM
Each age is it's own separate hair, we just bundle them up in one package for convenience. That's why you only see one at a time. If you look towards the bottom on the right side, there's a scroll bar which will take you through all the ages that package contains. The reason you see child once toddler is gone is because toddler is hidden and now child is first on the list.

I have no idea if Cat's does the same thing, never used it. And yes I figured the hair was already binned, but the point of using it in this instance isn't to bin it, it's to have a quick easy way to delete the surplus resources so the game doesn't have the load and read things it won't be using later any way. WW leaves everything behind, just hides it (which I believe is the case with the method simmer22 suggested too). Works well if you don't mind that, but if one can master the binning tool it'll be better in the long run.

It's called Color Binning Tool, found under tools-menu in SimPE. You load each color into the correct color tab, and you get a list of the ages that package contained. If you want it to remove an age, you untick that box, and when you save it'll delete those resources. If you want the hairs to be familied (meaning if you pick a blond hair, and switch to brown it'll keep that style but in brown) you have to load a recolor for each tab, edit each one and then save, and the colors you chose will be familied, in the correct color bin, and now have excess ages removed.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12877 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:49 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 27th Mar 2018 at 2:12 PM.
I do not see a color binning tool under Tools. With or without a file opened.
I guess you are talking about this..that I have not thanked nor downloaded, nor favourited...
http://modthesims.info/d/152943
I'll do this now, thank you.
Done.
EDIT
It does not seem to be working, i cannot even click on the age tab..and I can't seem to find info on how it works...the html included tells me to do stuff I cannot do. I think it was meant for older version of SimPE, so if you Gummi can make it work, I would appreciate tips and tricks.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12878 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I've heard that a Sim's character file contains nothing which could inflict any harm to a neighborhood so using a direct clone of a Sim is no problem, and I've done this myself with no issue (though, to be fair, I play neighborhoods for a short amount of time typically and I refresh them) so take that with what you will.

Where did you hear it? The source matters. Mootilda is my authority for "we don't know." Someone may have found out since she died.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#12879 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Am I the only person who shuts my computer down before I go to sleep? XD

Yes. I try not to shut mine down because of stupid windows 10. It can sometimes take an hour to reboot. But, I'm buying a chromebook next month, so this thing is coming off the internet. I'll probably be a lot better at turning it off at night then.

But, our adorable Ihate :lovestruc is getting so good at sleep typing, she would probably be able to boot her computer up in her sleep, too. She's making more sense now, so she's getting a lot better at it.

Good advice, Ihate. Ice or aloe vera for burns, people, not butter. Also, don't put peanut butter on them, either. :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#12880 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Sorry, sleeptyping again.

EDIT: The 'don't put butter on burns' thing is interesting though. It's not a thing I've ever heard of and yet googling it it actually is a bad idea to do that.

At least once or twice a month, I wake up with my iPad still in my hand and dreading to find out what the hell I posted on reddit the night before.
Theorist
#12881 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 4:53 PM
EDIT: The 'don't put butter on burns' thing is interesting though. It's not a thing I've ever heard of and yet googling it it actually is a bad idea to do that.

It's also a bad idea to put yogurt or on sunburns, despite what some sites will tell you.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#12882 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:01 PM
I'm prepared to be grilled for this, but I'm not sure what the point of classic dance is. Modded it can be done between family members, but the shipped interaction is almost exactly identical to the slow dance minus the extra interactions. It makes me wonder what EAxis was going for here - is there a difference, like varying relationship boosts or something of the nature? I read that daughters supposedly roll wants to dance with their fathers during their weddings; I haven't seen this myself, so maybe the familial classic dance is just one of things EAxis forgot?

The first time I saw it, I thought it was something else, like the flamenco since we have the outfits in-game. Oh, well...
Mad Poster
#12883 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:15 PM
Considering it's under a sub-menu, I keep thinking that Maxis intended to have other types of dances, but gave up partway through.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12884 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
WW only shows the hair available for toddlers (toddlers being the only checked age)before I delete that age, and only shows to be available to child after I remove the toddler age. (removing as in, open the recolor and delete toddler's property set)

That's because you're doing it wrong. With WW, you need to move the sliding scroll bar underneath the box where it shows the ages to access the other ages - there's also a 'remove this age from the hair' button. It does leave the resources in place though that's often not a problem with newer hairs since they all use the same textures. Meshes, which are also left, don't take up much space. It's the textures that are the space hogs. I've also use CatofEvilGenius's extra texture remover which is pretty handy too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#12885 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 7:39 PM
I could not access anything, so I gave up. I opened each recolor in SimPE instead and deleted the property set for the age I did not want.

Top Secret Researcher
#12886 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 7:50 PM
Somewhere I missed the relevance of treating burns..,?

I also turn my computer off and occasionally WiFi - things overheat, not to mention the power bill.
Mad Poster
#12887 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 7:55 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 27th Mar 2018 at 8:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It does not seem to be working, i cannot even click on the age tab..and I can't seem to find info on how it works...the html included tells me to do stuff I cannot do. I think it was meant for older version of SimPE, so if you Gummi can make it work, I would appreciate tips and tricks.

Now sure I follow There is no age tab, the tabs are for the different color bins. The ages appear when you load a recolor into that tab, which you do either by right clicking anywhere while on the tab and selecting open or something such (don't remember exactly), or being on the tab and using the package-menu.

EDIT: Short memory, sorry. Forgot to say that I did not realize it requires an extra download, it's been so long I don't remember what comes with SimPE and what doesn't. Should have looked it up, my bad. But glad you found it on your own

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12888 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Somewhere I missed the relevance of treating burns..,?

I also turn my computer off and occasionally WiFi - things overheat, not to mention the power bill.

I was sleeptyping and mentioned about putting butters on burns. I sleeptype odd things. I also put rolls of toilet paper in the fridge.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12889 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 4:03 AM
I think you'd need to do more than that. Phaenoh made these sci-fi starter families, and they're mostly considered safe, so it might be worth looking around a bit to see if she described the process anywhere: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=275300

Mad Poster
#12890 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I'm assuming I'd be fine if I pulled my CC, created a blank NH and then moved Sims into a household, and then immediately packaged it into a sims2pack for personal use (backups)? Obviously they wouldn't know anybody so that's not an issue. I'd package it before they'd even have the chance to do anything.

I assume you are talking about premade sims in the family bin? Otherwise, make them in Bodyshop, then packages them.

Field Researcher
#12891 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 2:13 PM
I package sims/families I make like this all the time.
Mad Poster
#12892 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 2:36 PM
If it's a grease fire, don't put water on it either. Either use a fire extinguisher or (if it's in a pan) put the lid over it. I think baking soda will also put it out but you need a lot of baking soda.

Salt will put it out, also, just smother it with salt.

I also shut my computer down when sleeping.
Scholar
#12893 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:06 PM
How much are talent badge scholarships worth? I have an ex-townie now at college who may be owed some money, but although I have the mod my playable teens so rarely earn badges that I don't recall how much they should get.
Mad Poster
#12894 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:29 PM
Didn't even know you could get scholarship for talent badge...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#12895 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:32 PM
It's a mod. jfade made it first, and Cyjon updated it.

Scholar
#12896 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:32 AM
It's a mod. jfade made it first, and Cyjon updated it.

Thanks again, ihate! Either Cyjon had a bad link or the jfade site was down earlier, but your link worked. It's $1250 per Silver badge.
Mad Poster
#12897 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:16 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 29th Mar 2018 at 5:11 AM.
I was checking in with some of my other Sims, and

I'm running a HoodChecker as soon as the game closes down, but I doubt I'll get much other than the usual handful of self-relationships. Nope, just the usual self-relationships.

Should I worry?

Mad Poster
#12898 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:48 AM
Mad Poster
#12899 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:04 AM
I don't think they should.

Mad Poster
#12900 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:30 AM
Page 516 of 1346