Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 1:56 AM Last edited by cwurts00 : 26th Feb 2007 at 3:59 AM.
Default looking for info on outfit behaviors
I am on a quest to find out how to link a genetic skintone to a body mesh for all outfit types rather than just the nude mesh in the shower.

I know the common conception is that it is not possible, but I think it may be possible, given the behavior function for changing outfits. Somehow, the game is able to choose an outfit for a sim when the sim changing clothes for the first time, so during that behavior, it should be possible to check for the sim's skintone, and choose outfits from a list of outfits appropriate for that skintone. I don't know exactly where to look, but I believe it must be possible if that behavior can be found in Simpe.

Update: can anybody tell me what the "stack object's semi-attribute" is? Apparently, the sim's current outfit is set to this in one of the change outfit functions "039A" or vice versa under some circumstances.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 9:23 AM
What the stack object's semi-attribute represents depends on what the stack object is at the time. I'm going to guess that the stack object is a sim in this example, and that the code is probably pointing to "Stack Object's semi-attribute 0x16"? That stores the sim's "Last Outfit" according to my very old list.

I'm not sure that BHAVs have any awareness of skin tones though, so I'm afraid I'm one of those who thinks it's not possible. Love to be proven wrong though!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 6:54 PM
I think the BHAV should be able to check for skintone the same way it checks for gender or age. It's all about the numbers after all.

If you play the game, you'll notice that a sim who recently age transitioned will suddenly have an entire wardrobe that the user had no part in selecting. This means that there is a code somewhere that selects a new wardrobe for the sim. If I can track down that code......

The code must already test for the sim's age and gender and match it with the age, gender and category of the outfit, otherwise your adult male sim might end up wearing teen female outfits. You should also be able to check for the sim's skintone, since that information is found in the same place as the sim's age and gender. And I think you would be able to check for a match between the sim's nude mesh and the body mesh linked to the outfit.

But the biggest challenge for me right now is to track down that "select wardrobe" code.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 10:00 AM
I'm fairly sure that's all handled in the "Age" primitive, and primitives are currently pretty much unmoddable. I stand corrected on the skin tone data though, "My Person Data 0x3C" is apparently "skin colour". That'll learn me for speaking before I check my facts!

If you're looking for the age transitioning code, you can find most of it in the "Controller - Age" object, group 0x7F07FBBC in objects.package.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 5:19 PM
I am working on a new theory now, and it may be simpler than I thought. I was looking at a website tutorial on how to link a formal outfit to a hairstyle, and apparently you can link an outfit category to several different bodyparts. The casual outfit is linked to the top and bottom meshes, while all other categories are linked to their own fullbody mesh. Usually all categories are linked to the same hairstyle, so it doesn't change. There is also a skin category for when the sim is naked.

I'm thinking, what if you linked all the outfit categories to the top and bottom nude meshes, and had a unique "face" mesh for each category. The face mesh I believe includes all accessories, such as sunglasses. Then you made accessories that looked like clothing, and it overlayed the nude mesh to which all categories were linked. So each outfit category would now consist of the nude mesh associated with the sim's skintone, and an 'accessory' shirt/pants overtop.

Right now, I am trying to figure out how to convert a regular outfit to an accessory using SimPE or Bodyshop. There isn't much info out there about making accessories. Any help will be appreciated.
Space Pony
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 8:19 AM
Hi

While I haven't tested this out I am fairly certain it would work for what you want to do - if I understand the problem correctly. You want to limit certain outfits to specific skintones? I don't think you need to limit the actual clothing meshes, just the clothing textures to get the results I think you are looking for.

If this is the case, just extract the desired PSET from the skins.package (Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins\skins.package) or whatever expansion or package that has the clothing you want. Once you have the PSET (Property Set) just change the line that says skintone to whatever skintone you want it to apply to. They are all set to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (the default) Just change this value to the skintone number you want that specific outfit linked to.

Light is 00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Medium 00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Dark 00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Darkest 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Alien 6baf064a-85ad-4e37-8d81-a987e9f8da46
Zombie b6ee1dbc-5bb3-4146-8315-02bd64eda707
Vampire fda1ea3c-70b4-4452-86c1-b96f578c6523

So, let's say you have a green dress & mesh that you only want one custom skintone to be able to use. You modify the Property Set for that green dress & put the custon skintone in the skintone filed & only sims that have that specific skintone number would be able to choose that green dress. or perhaps you only want redheads to be able to wear the green dress? Then change the hairtone field to 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (red hair) If you really want to get crreative you could limit it by both hair color & skintone

Maxis actually did this with a couple of the face make-ups - not the full face make up but the blush - not all of them show up for every skin color. This is why I am certain the above method will work even though I haven't tested it.

If I am totally off base & this isn't what you are after then I apologize! Perhaps it will help someone else
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 12:07 PM
I'm also trying to work on outfits and since I haven't ventured into skinning before, I am at a dead end. But I have found out about the modding aspects of it. Like Morague said, the property sets can be changed in the cpf editor under plugin view.

From what I've looked at it seems a skintone of:
00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Means it's available for all skin types - or at least I assume. I don't know if you can have more entries than one in there to include other skin tones. But I've never seen it done.

On a note of textures and such, is there any tutorials on the 3D ID referencing resource? Sometimes it seems to me they double up. I assume the 3D ID referncing resouce is where all the stuff like the shape, texture etc is referenced so that there is a complete uniform at the end of it.
Space Pony
#8 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 12:19 PM
Normally the skintone is the standard 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 which just means all of the skintones can use it. But, if you put in a specific skin tone, like your custom skintone number then only the sims with that skintone can use that outfit. This is a very useful way to customze your clothes in your game. I would not suggest it for distribution, but there's nothing wrong with personal tweaks You can only have 1 line for the skintone.

Duplicates in the 3IDR can mean a couple of things. If it's for hair, then there is likely more than 1 material Definition that needs to be applied, or for a uniform it will list the lcothing & the hat, other times there is just an extra entry in there for indexing purposes & it really doesn't do anything except that it's referenced by the Binary Index & whatever it's referencing needed an extra line.
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
What the stack object's semi-attribute represents depends on what the stack object is at the time. I'm going to guess that the stack object is a sim in this example, and that the code is probably pointing to "Stack Object's semi-attribute 0x16"? That stores the sim's "Last Outfit" according to my very old list.

I'm not sure that BHAVs have any awareness of skin tones though, so I'm afraid I'm one of those who thinks it's not possible. Love to be proven wrong though!

Echo - does this stack object semi-attribute stay active from one bhav to another? Would this aide me in changing my sim back from a custom outfit if it were called from a different bhav?