Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:33 AM
Default I'm a complete newbie hoping to make skins, eyes, makeup and eyebrows.
Can you guys link me to all the things I need? By complete newbie, I mean I've never modded anything in my life, but I do digital art. I figure eyes will probably be the easiest, then makeup and eyebrows, and skins the hardest. But all in all they shouldn't be too difficult to learn. I've been playing the sims since ts1 and downloading from here since ts2, so I have a lot of ambitions. Where would you recommend I start? What tools will I need? Will you link me to the most important tutorials out so far? Tips for a newbie?

This thread can be seen as a general new to CC thread I suppose.

Sorry if this isn't allowed. I don't think I've ever posted in the forums before today. Or really looked at them honestly. Anything helps.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:04 PM
If you're completely new to making custom content, it's probably best not to start with The Sims 4, because we don't know enough about it yet, the tools for making custom stuff are still in beta and having teething problems, and there aren't many tutorials. Do you have Sims 3, or Sims 2? It would be best to start with one of those first because all the tools for them are well established and working perfectly, and there are lots of tutorials. Once you learn the basics of those, you'll be more knowledgeable about moving on to TS4.

Head over to the Sims 3 Creation Forum (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=593 ) or the Sims 2 Creation Forum (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=555 ) for those games.

If you do want to get started with Sims 4, all we have so far re that game is the list of Modding Tools and the list of Tutorials in the two threads by those names in this same section you posted in (Sims 4 Creation). (But bear in mind that some tutorials are outdated because they're for the CAS Demo which is different from the full game, and also refer to obsolete versions of the new tools.) Best of luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:14 AM
The outdated-ness is exactly where I'm having trouble honestly. I managed to find all the eye colors in sims4pe, but I don't know what to do with it because there's no option to extract them as the file type listed. I guess because it's a different version of the program. I was hoping someone modding now would help me out and share how to do it with the more up to date methods.