Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#3826 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I've had Sims who were enemies of the deceased Sim cheer at their graves.

It's a little bit awkward when the two are siblings...
Advertisement
Instructor
#3827 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I can't remember the last time I hired a butler, but I recall that they were useless in my game as well. Maybe these fixes will help?

Cyjon: Butler Fix, Better Butler Meals, Butler Asks to Fire, More Butler Cooking, No Butler NPC Harassment
BoilingOil's Butler is No Nanny - technically this goes against what you seem to want, but I'll put this here in case someone wants it
Chris Hatch's Butler Controller Fix
Squinge's Butler No More Cooking

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to hire a maid to clean up and ask someone to watch the toddlers/babies - it's less of a headache. I think others use Christianlov's All-In-One NPC. Some simmers say that you should tip them every now and then to "reset" the butler into doing their work.

Thank you so much for the links! I'm quite sure I'm using some of them in my CC neighborhood, but in the current game I'm playing I'm trying to keep the CC as minimal as possible (just few repositoried clothes and some Maxis stuff from the Exchange/Pre-orders/etc).
The thing that bothers me is that the butler cleans and cooks without problems, but sometimes he just get stuck in a spot (usually the toilet ) and I need to reset him with testingcheats.
I know TS2 is quite an old game now, but I don't get why some things never got fixed officially. Thank God we have so many capable modders around!
Mad Poster
#3828 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 1:17 AM
I've never had problems with my butlers getting stuck. In my game, it's the BV housekeepers who freeze regularly for no apparent reason and has to be reset. There's no particular spot that happens more than the others - I'll just realize that I haven't seen the housekeeper in some time and find him/her frozen like a statue somewhere on the hotel lot. The worst is when they freeze standing next to the desk. This is the housekeepers' normal spot when they aren't doing anything else, so it's even harder to notice that they need to be reset when they're standing there.

Sketching - I do want the butler to cook. I just wish he'd wait for the family members' hunger bars to actually turn yellow. He seems to not wait long enough, and if the family is large, it seems like there's always someone around who's hungry enough to trigger a cooking spree. Usually, if it begins to get annoying, I just turn the fridge around like I do when a butler or nanny is feeding a bottle to a toddler.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves! Before the tot has even reached the bottle left on the floor, the butler or nanny has already locked onto the fridge to get another one because the kid is still hungry! Now that's annoying! There needs to be a timer or a delay or something for the NPC to wait before deciding "OMG the toddler's still hungry! Must get ANOTHER bottle!"
Inventor
#3829 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I've never had problems with my butlers getting stuck. In my game, it's the BV housekeepers who freeze regularly for no apparent reason and has to be reset. There's no particular spot that happens more than the others - I'll just realize that I haven't seen the housekeeper in some time and find him/her frozen like a statue somewhere on the hotel lot. The worst is when they freeze standing next to the desk. This is the housekeepers' normal spot when they aren't doing anything else, so it's even harder to notice that they need to be reset when they're standing there.

That was my same problem in my game. Sometimes they would get unstuck and clean up like normal but 90% of the time they would be frozen in place . One of the reasons why I stopped sending my sims to the hotels so much, it got on my nerves too badly. Also in the same vein: when the person (can't remember his name) at the front desk delivers a group meal he would almost always put the food in the bathroom for some odd reason in my game, that ticked me off so much. And whenever I did let my sims stay in hotels the tourists would lag my game like hell because they would all congregate in one hotel room that didn't disappear whenever someone occupies it and huddle around the TV, pass out, or start fights
Mad Poster
#3830 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 5:46 AM
I got fed up with the hotel TVs and replaced them all with bookcases. I'd be trying to get some exhausted family member to bed and someone else would ALWAYS insist on turning on the TV. Now they obsess over their diaries instead - at least that doesn't keep other sims awake.
Mad Poster
#3831 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
Also, teens get the 'snuck out' memory the first time. They sneak out for a second time with another sim, and they will have no memory of that night unless they get busted.

Why. Why. WHY? I have to plan everything so meticulously due to this! Memories are so important to me!

Hadn't noticed that before, but yeah that's dumb. And yay for other players who also think memories are important. So I made a fix for you, put it on my tumblr. I would put a direct link here rather than to tumblr, but mts policy does not allow that, have to link to a post with the link.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#3832 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:55 PM
@Gummilutt, you beat me to it! The one time I thought to try modding something, ! Eh, I guess that's what I guess for procrastinating. At least I can take a look at yours and see if I was going about it right.

On the subject of butlers and bellhops, though, I think I'd prefer to see a mod where you could request the butler to cook specific things, whenever you want, through a pie menu. I don't know why it's not like that in the first place, but it seems an obvious solution to making sure there's the type of food you want, when you want it. (On my list of pet peeves, an expensive butler "cooking" cereal for a family is pretty high up there.)

But @Primavera, did that hotel happen to have counters only in the bathrooms? That might be why room service was placed in there. The counter probably was higher priority than say a table, on the list of acceptable places to put platters. I would make the counter in the bathroom inaccessible and place some deco on it, then see where the food gets dropped off.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3833 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Also in the same vein: when the person (can't remember his name) at the front desk delivers a group meal he would almost always put the food in the bathroom for some odd reason in my game, that ticked me off so much.

You wouldn't happen to have No Table Platters, would you?
http://cyjon.net/node/216

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#3834 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 2:17 AM
@ihatemandatoryregister Nope, I never heard of that mod until now. But it was the weirdest thing, sometimes he would actually put the food on the table, but if it was a group meal then it would cover up the whole table .

And @Phantomknight, most of the hotels I went to (the ones provided in the vacation hoods) had counters in the bathrooms, but I would definitely try that out once I get my game reinstalled hopefully.
Top Secret Researcher
#3835 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:36 AM
Something that makes me go grrr is items and build objects that don't match. I'm currently trying to build a house with windows and doors the same colour. Even with some cc, it seems to be impossible - all a slightly different shade of brown and if I go for white or black, that particular cc doesn't come in those colours. Yep, frustrating.
Mad Poster
#3836 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:38 AM
There's also a few sets that Maxis never bothered to finish - good thing there's plenty of creators to undertake that task. There's some nice completer sets here on MTS and some more over on TSR, if you dare to navigate that jungle.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3837 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Yep. Once the ghosts come out and you have that object on the lot, then they'll stay out forever. 24/7! Cool idea at first, but then you introduce the risk of corruption when saving since they're "active"... That's why I always save before night time (base game has a different time for the ghosts to come out than the later versions of the game it seems).

Only use that mod if you have University or later. It was never meant to be used with the base game. It does say in the readme file that it was tested for use only with University (and presumably later EPs - it is quite an old mod).

Ghosts in my game return to their graves around 6 a.m., so I usually try to save my lots between 6 and 7 in the morning.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3838 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:50 AM
Mad Poster
#3839 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Gummilutt, you beat me to it! The one time I thought to try modding something, ! Eh, I guess that's what I guess for procrastinating. At least I can take a look at yours and see if I was going about it right.

Sorry, did not know you were trying to do it. I've done a bunch of those already so it's a 2 minute thing, and whenever I see people wish for things that takes me zero time to make I try to make it for them, so it seemed mean not to do so this time too All the information you need to know about editing things like that in memories can be found in DiLight's custom memory tutorial, which is linked in her tattered diary upload.

And sorry for the slow reply, I had a rough day yesterday so I didn't have energy to respond to everything.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Inventor
#3840 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 5:22 AM
It just occurred to me that sim kids and teens aren't able to trick-or-treat . With the 'Holiday Stuff' pack there's a bunch of holiday themed items, but it never hit me that kids and teens couldn't dress up and go trick-or-treating, like walk off the lot for a few sim hours and come back with their bucket/bag of candy (unless there's a mod for that. If so I would cry). Now I'm mad that EA left that out, that would've been so fun .

Also, what's the deal with Santa? I expected him to leave a bunch of presents under the tree but my sims always got one random gift after he clogged all my toilets . Though there was this one time I didn't leave out any cookies (I had them in my sims' inventory and intended to put them out after they went to sleep because Santa /always/ came when they were wide awake >:/) and left me a lump of coal . And don't get me started on how the Christmas tree can just combust into flames if you leave the Christmas lights on for too long, after that I just gave up on going through the effort of having a nice Christmas for my sims. I just put up a mistletoe and a poinsettia plant and called it a day :\
Scholar
#3841 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 8:00 AM
My Sim in the gaming career just got demoted for a hobby chance card that involved playing video games at lunch. What.
Test Subject
#3842 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:20 AM
My latest pet peeve: the inability to access collections, the eye drop tool or the jackhammer tool in Build Mode when you edit dorms, hotels or apartments.

Why, EA, why ?
Instructor
#3843 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:27 AM
That's annoyed me for years! I mean, did they need to do that?

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#3844 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 2:14 PM
Something that kinda annoys me when I use the anygamestarter. Seeing greyed out parts of expansion packs that I don't have enabled such as the free time aspiration benefits and the Bon Voyage Vacation Mementos. It just makes me want to disable the mansions and gardens stuff pack but unfortunately that isn't possible at the moment.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3845 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:27 PM
that bugged me with awnings and shelves in Double Deluxe

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Inventor
#3846 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:38 PM
I saw a thread about little personality quirks here and it made me think about how much I hated certain zodiacs. I would choose Virgo, Aquarius, Pisces, Scorpio, and Cancer for most of my sims because I can't stand others (10 Outgoing points for Leo is my most disliked zodiac, or 1 Lazy point for Capricorn). They're fixed on a certain number of points (I would remove a certain number of points and the zodiac would change to something else) while real life zodiacs are flexible; like I'm an Aquarius, I'm not playful and I'm not as nice, and most Aquarius' I met are mean as hell. My brother is a Gemini, and he's a very active person, but he's also a neat freak, whereas my dad was also a Gemini and he was the complete opposite of my brother.

So whenever I got, for example, a Sagittarius toddler sim through genetics, I would use boolProp to change the points, but unfortunately the rules still apply and the zodiac would change completely. I wish it wouldn't change when I use the cheat because it would've been nice to play a Taurus for once in my game, or even a Leo because sims using the 'finger-gunning' animation every second raises my blood pressure .
Scholar
#3847 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 7:09 PM
You can cheat their zodiacs separately, I think. Zodiacs and personalities being linked honestly really limits it because, for example, Angela and Lilith Pleasant can't have wildly different personalities without being different star signs.
Inventor
#3848 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
You can cheat their zodiacs separately, I think. Zodiacs and personalities being linked honestly really limits it because, for example, Angela and Lilith Pleasant can't have wildly different personalities without being different star signs.

Really :o? If so that could probably be achieved through SimPE and I never fooled around with that :/. And it was so frustrating to see twins have different zodiacs too.
Mad Poster
#3849 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 7:29 PM
Yes, in SimPE you can edit anything regardless of...so in this case, you can change the zodiac regardless of personality. But still, having to start up SimPE to do this is annoying. I wish a mod or hack would be able to do just that.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#3850 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Yes, in SimPE you can edit anything regardless of...so in this case, you can change the zodiac regardless of personality. But still, having to start up SimPE to do this is annoying. I wish a mod or hack would be able to do just that.

Ohhh. Like I said, I never used SimPE but I agree. Curse you EA *shakes fist*
Page 154 of 274