Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 12:51 AM
Default Help! .bmp resolution is too low in Projects
I used to get 512 x 512 .bmp Project files before I upgraded to University and Nightlife but now am only getting 256 x 256 with 1 pixels/inch. Anything I've imported back to the game looks terrible. Checked in SimPE, the resolution of the Texture Image files can be as high as 1024 X 1024.

Is there anyway I can bump the resolution in BodyShop Project .bmp files to 1024 x 1024?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:28 AM Last edited by Nebulosa : 16th Oct 2005 at 11:57 AM.
Do you use a Mac?

And have you adjusted your graphics settings in the game? You'll get better graphics performance if you turn up your graphics settings but maybe also a slower game if you have an old graphics card. You should also set a higher screen resolution in the graphics settings in game mode. Some still use 800 x 600 which looks terrible unless you have a very small screen. Set the same resolution in game mode as the resolution you have set for your screen, if possible, not lower anyway.

Nebulosa
"trying to keep the green mist as far away as possible from my nose"
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 12:06 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 27th Nov 2006 at 7:23 AM.
i had this prob too!
heres the fix:
find graphicsrules.sgr in CSConfig in the TS2,UNI,&NL main files (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\CSConfig)
then back them up ok (copy the file), on the desktop or rename them (eg graphicrulesBU.sgr something like that
then right click, open with, notepad
then scroll down till you find this :
''# UI Options

log $logGroup $logLevelDebug "Begin parsing option definitions"

# Note: CASIE uses different property values for MaterialDetail then Sims2 does.
# CASIE would prefer to maintain full texture resolution, but disable bumps
# only on cards with low video memory.
option MaterialDetail
setting $Low
boolProp bumpMapping false
intProp imageDataSizeReductionOnLoad 0

setting $Medium
boolProp bumpMapping false

setting $High
boolProp bumpMapping true
end''
change all to '0' so they look like the above
then save
then repeat for any EPS you have
this worked for me so it should work for u

Tiggerypum adds:
For a Mac - look here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:45 PM
Nebulosa, that was the first thing I tried, changing both in game and screen resolution, no joy!

Callum91, it works!! :nod: :salute:
Interestingly, every copy of the Graphics Rules's 'option MaterialDetail' settings were different. I took your advise and change them all to zero and now I've 1024 x 1024 .bmp files.

Thanks all, appreciate your help!!
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 12:57 AM
Default Great Idea
I hope it works on my game!

I installed Nightlife two weeks ago, and now all my custom textures have been destroyed! All because of my card! I've had to basically re-install everything! Do you mind if I quote your post elsewhere? This could save a lot of users a lot of headaches!
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 2:43 AM
glad u found it useful.
CormorantEnt, you can quote it from me
I found ti out the hard way, also dont forget to do this for every EP you get

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
#7 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:55 AM
Default followed the instructions exactly
followed the instructions exactly, but still no change? i have TS2 & NL. Can you help me further.
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 8:13 AM
kelnahas, do it for Bodyshop AND the base game, and dont forget to save it. Make sure you are changing the graphicrules.sgr files

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
#9 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 7:10 AM
Wait... does this mean that I can fix my Body Shop so my custom clothing isn't blurry anymore? Because it's driving me crazy! I make a beautiful outfit and, when I try to upload it, the whole thing goes blurry and ugly. If this is how to fix it then I LOVE YOU!
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 1:16 AM
I have battled for days with this same problem!!!! I, too, have lost all previous work after installing OFB. Thank you.....thank you......thank you..... a thousand times!!! IT WORKS!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 1:23 AM
I haven't installed OfB or anything, but I've had this problem for months, so I just wanted to give a huge Thank You to callum91. It worked perfectly. I owe you big time.

Come hang out with me and SynapticSim at The Lair
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 6:32 AM
I changed everything like callum said but i cant find my bodyshop folder so that i can change it for that also. Where the heck is the folder for the body shop at? please help me....thanks!

The worst thing a guy can do to a girl is to make her fall for him, and then not be there to catch her.
~Lauren~
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 10:46 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! It sooo worked!!!! Thanks :-)

"It is better to remain silent and be thought of fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
-Abraham Lincoln
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#14 Old 12th May 2006 at 1:01 PM
Yeah, I had "duh" moment, realized that my own creations were getting messed up by this, and went and changed the base game and all the eps, so now everything I dl'd from everyone else looks peachy, but my own creations are still just as fuzzy. Can't find any BodyShop graphic files that don't execute BodyShop, so I was wondering the same thing as Poisongirl. . .this kind of stuff is not my normal forte, being the type of person most likely to explode her computer by futzing around with the wrong thing. . .

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Instructor
#15 Old 16th May 2006 at 6:21 PM Last edited by unskilled_operator : 19th May 2006 at 5:44 PM.
Thank you very much! It worked for me!

I didn't find any BodyShop folder, I only changed the files on the base and EP folders and it has worked.

Edit: Just found out that the CSConfig folder is for the BodyShop. And the Config folder is for the game itself.
Scholar
#16 Old 25th May 2006 at 7:53 AM
Thank you so much callum91! It worked for me too! I had to put up with bad quality for a very long time, I thought it was to do with my graphics card and there was no cure.

Now no more blurry custom content!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 8:41 AM
There is a post about this already if you look in the Game Help section under the main problem threads.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 8:53 AM
U RULLLEEEEE!!!!!
Thanks soooooo much callum91!!!!

It works now!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 6:24 AM
Thank goodness for this thread. It was really pissing me off that my CC would look blurry after uploading it!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 9:12 AM
Yea!! This happened to me after I installed NL. Now I can get to work on my sims 2 site!!

Dont look down on someone unless you're helping them up-Me
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
Can't find any BodyShop graphic files that don't execute BodyShop, so I was wondering the same thing as Poisongirl. . .this kind of stuff is not my normal forte, being the type of person most likely to explode her computer by futzing around with the wrong thing. . .

Go into your C:\Program Files\EA GAMES now in each main folder The Sims 2, and each EP go into the TSData folder open the "Res" folder you'll see a "Config" folder and opposite that a "CSConfig" both containing the "Graphics Rules. sgr" file one for bodyshop and one for the ingame cas' I guess, bodyshop works perfectly now, callum91 helped us out big time with thanks callum91
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 6:06 AM
MAN!!!!!!!..........Callum91, you are a genious! Thanks dude!!!

:google: :google: :google: :google: :google: :google:

KOOOL!!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 12:54 AM
I have just found this thread and I feel the luckiest girl in the world... all this time I had been feeling very depressed because my texture were always blurry but now thanx to Callum91 this horror story is part of the past thanx soooo much!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 6:38 AM
I still found something very odd, though it worked 2 of 4 clothes recolors appeared pixelated in the game still. Yet it looked fine when I used bodyshop outside of the game I'm baffled.

KOOOL!!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 8:45 PM
callum91: you just save me ... i was gonna post for help for that same problem ... thank you sooo much.
Page 1 of 3