Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 10:22 PM
Default Active school in the sims 3
Hello well I'm new to the sims and modding and just recently got the Generations expansion pack. As fun as it may be I've always wanted to follow and control my sim while they are in school. I'm aware that this school is what you call a "rabbithole" and i wanna know if it's possible to be make an active school that isnt a rabbithole.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:21 AM
I want to say no, but people do make open schools for stories and such. I could be wrong and i'm hoping I am as this would be a cool idea.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:36 AM
I am running a school out of my sim's home using Twallan's career mod. I use the homeschool option, and I select my students from around town using the "add to household" cheat. It has really opened up a new line of game play for me. Plus those kids really needed to be reformed any how. I will have a better town in the end.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I am running a school out of my sim's home using Twallan's career mod. I use the homeschool option, and I select my students from around town using the "add to household" cheat. It has really opened up a new line of game play for me. Plus those kids really needed to be reformed any how. I will have a better town in the end.

ive heard of tat mod in fact i even downlaod but im scared to install it because i still install mods the old way and dont really wanna switch over. and another thing if i do install this mod is there anyway for me to get the neighborhood kids to join it without using tat cheat. like going to their households and making them homeschool at my house.

btw does the homeschool have to be at my house? can it be at some empty house?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 6:23 AM
It is just a mod for homeschooling one's own kids...I just happen to be using it differently by kidnapping all the town's kids. So, no.

I do not know of any other options for making the kids do school work in a school-like setting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 6:38 AM
ohh but i have a question for you when you take any sim tats in your household back in their regular household do they still stay in your homeschool?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 11:46 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 7th Jul 2011 at 12:00 PM.
I keep them until I am satisfied with their education. They have to have an A to graduate...they learn skills under my watch, I replace any annoying traits they may have, and then I age them up and let them graduate. I usually age up a group all at once. They go to city hall and have the ceremony. Then my sims, who make pretty good money doing odd jobs, will move them out as roommates into a starter home. Then the next round of finding new students begins. It is interesting because each group of kids is different. My current group is more mischievous than the last.

Anyway, it is basically a private school set-up. They wear uniforms and all. I use skill books for textbooks. A typical day for them starts with homework first, followed by working on a skill as a group, followed by lunch...I have Late Night, and the butler is the cafeteria lady...followed by working on another skill as a group...followed by free time until the next day. (I also have his Relativity mod, so we can accomplish much in a day.) Some days they have an outing as a group, like to the movies or something.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iceman2195
ohh but i have a question for you when you take any sim tats in your household back in their regular household do they still stay in your homeschool?

What are sim tats?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:19 AM
i downloaded the career data school the new way but the homeschool option isnt showing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
What are sim tats?

sorry tats just a spelling error and r u from simological? do u know if their going to do anything school wise for the sims 3 liek they did for 1 and 2
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iceman2195
Hello well I'm new to the sims and modding and just recently got the Generations expansion pack. As fun as it may be I've always wanted to follow and control my sim while they are in school. I'm aware that this school is what you call a "rabbithole" and i wanna know if it's possible to be make an active school that isnt a rabbithole.

If you're not familiar with mods, this link will give you instructions on how to get started:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
You will need a few mods to do this.

Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Mod will allow you to construct a building and enable it to function as a school. In order to allow the game to recognize your building as a rabbithole, you will need to install Jinx's custom base game rabbit hole rugs. Simply place the rugs in your building. The game will recognize it as a school rabbithole building but it will be open so you can see and direct your sims to interact with objects/sims. Your sims will be able to attend the school as they would a normal school. These links provide more info on the mods you will need: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Zerbu%2...ate+Careers+Mod, the rugs:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3...Rugs-PetsFix.7z
and specifically Zerbu's mod: http://zerbu.blogspot.com/p/ultimat...t=1457688010051

In order to place residential objects on community lots, you will need Buzzler's Build/Buy Restriction Choker. Here's a link to Buzzler's Builder Stuff Mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=450059
It bundles a number of useful mods including Build/Buy Restriction Choker, but you may go to the Files tab and download it separately.

Scholar
#12 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 3:23 PM Last edited by Elynda : 13th Mar 2016 at 4:09 PM.
My girl's boarding school, St Freda's (or just Fred's for short) started out as a modest affair, just a residential lot in Sunset Valley with as many pupils as I could pack in. There was only one teacher, a certain Miss Grimshaw, who actually earned her living by painting and writing books. All the girls were home schooled, and were presumed to be doing schoolwork when they did their homework. You can actually disable homework if you want less hassle, but they will still do it autonomously. As such it was just a 'pretend' school.

Later on, when I realized I could have more than 8 sims in a household, I moved them into a larger building which I had originally intended as nunnery, knocking the nun's cells into a single dometory. It has since moved to Riverblossom Hills and been expanded to include two neighbouring households: The Priory and The Hermitage. Altogether it houses 4 teachers, 7 seniors (teens) and 14 juniors. I make sure there is a lot of visiting back and forth between the three buildings which gives a sense of unity to the whole thing. All the pupils wear uniforms too. The school also now includes a ballet studio (using the Store ballet barre and dance floor) an art studio, a library (supposedly for private study, but most often for playing computer games) and two classrooms, which I am still working on furnishing. These latter are really intended as 'sets' for story telling purposes, but I am intending to use the UL 'lecture podium' or whatever its called to stage 'lessons'. I may add that I use Nraas Retuner a lot, to get child sims to do things the game won't normally let them do.

St Fred's Today

So far it's not an actual 'working school' but, using the Ultimate Careers mod, I am planning on including 'day' pupils. A community lot will be placed behind the main block, disguised as playing feilds, with some sort of pavilion. A stair will lead down to a basement where I will place a rabbithole rug. I believe you can select which local teens and children will attend, and in my case they will be all girls and will wear the same uniform as the boarders.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 6:28 PM
Simsarahsarah is currently experimenting with a completely open town + economy.

I think she'd be a good person to ask.

https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/