Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:22 PM
Default Saw V
So the teaser trailer for Saw V just came out... :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1XEHnVbvwVs

It looks pretty rad. I forgot that Scott Patterson (aka, Luke from Gilmore Girls) is in it. I'm really excited for this. I love the Saw movies. I think my favorite was the second one. It was just so... disturbing. My favorite trap in that was definitely when the girl gets thrown into the hypodermic needles. SO GROSS... but awesome.

Anyway, anyone else excited for this? I don't know if I can wait til Halloween.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:24 PM
The last Saw movie was totally gruesome but I loved it!! :D

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:29 PM
I didn't like three and four as much as the first two. They were still good, but I wasn't like HOLY CRAP at some of the things that they said would be insane. Maybe I've become used to that stuff from watching so many horror movies...?
Inventor
#4 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:40 PM
I did not unterstand the plot from the 4th one exactly. It was a bit confusing. But I like the Saw series though I am going to see the Saw V for sure.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Alchemist
#5 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:45 PM
I have saw 4 on rental till tuesday but i still havent watched it. All i did was look in the extras at the traps and it looks more gruesome than the last 3 especially the girl who's scalp gets pulled off. Im too scared to watch it

The thing that repulses me most though is the pig mask...

A bit off topic i know
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 9:19 PM
Somehow I can just picture Luke walking out of his diner and getting decapitated .

My brother dared me to watch three and four with him and I didn't really like them. For me to enjoy a horror movie, it has to have an intelligent storyline rather than just blood and gore. I didn't get much out of Saw other than being disgusted, but that's just me. Have you ever seen any Alfred Hitchcock movies? They're old, but they're the best horror movies ever, in my humble opinion.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:19 PM
I'm the opposite. I love the blood and gore. I watch medical shows on Discovery Health and don't cringe. I think something is wrong with me. I like storylines, but sometimes they get to plotplotplotplot and nothing scary happens.

I do love Alfred Hitchcock. I remember back when I was maybe 14, they had this huge thing about him at Blockbuster. An entire aisle of just Hitchcock movies. I rented a few and fell in love. I really love The Birds and I saw umm... crap. I forget what it's called... It's got my husband (aka Jimmy Stewart) in it and Grace Kelley. Anyways, that one is definitely my favorite of what I've seen.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:23 PM
Rear Window? Classic. I want his camera... now there's a lens :P.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:26 PM
YES. Rear Window. Yeah, seriously. That lense was huge. I was thinking "oh yeah, that creepy neighbor will NEVER see that giant lense coming out of the window."
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:27 AM
I <3 SAW.

-some spoilers included if you read on-

I have to agree with you about SAW 1 & 2 being the best movies out of the four. Three was really disappointing for me, everyone who we thought would stay alive died! And four was good until it got to the pointless gore part. I absolutely couldn't STAND everything about Ivan and his trap. I was happy that he didn't survive the trap, but seeing the tapes of him raping different girls and pictures of them with their throats cut was just too much for me, I REALLY just didn't wanna see that. I hope they don't rehash rape in SAW 5 anytime soon...

I'm also really hoping 5 will be like 1 & 2, more plot and questions answered then pure gore. The weirdest thing is the only ones times I ever got bothered by watching the SAW series was when Det. Kerry got her ribs pulled out in the angel trap ( I almost tossed my cookies at this), and the whole thing with Ivan.
#11 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:33 AM
Have any of you found the pendulum trap online yet? It was displayed with the teaser trailer at comic con.

Btw I <3 Saw.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:38 AM
i used to be terrified, i mean, so scared that i couldnt sleep without a light on terrified, of the puppet guy with the white face and red circles on its cheeks. hope crap that scared me so much, the worst thing about it is that i havent seen any of the movies !

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 3:03 AM
I love the Saw movies. It's so gory, so terrifying--I love it.

I love that every beginning of a movie someone's tortured to their death. I'm still in shock from Saw IV. It was reeeaaaaly creepy.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by declandabest
i used to be terrified, i mean, so scared that i couldnt sleep without a light on terrified, of the puppet guy with the white face and red circles on its cheeks. hope crap that scared me so much, the worst thing about it is that i havent seen any of the movies !

Haha! I have a friend like that. I was watching the first SAW with her and she was like OHHH MY GOD THE PUPPETTTT I DONT LIKE HIMMMM -whines on the verge of tears-. I was like O_O.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 7:39 AM
Like Rabid, I'm a massive fan of those types of scary movies which have interesting twists and stuff, but i've never summed up enough courage to buy any of the Saw movies. They just seem to disturbing, judging by my older brother's details (he owns all of them). This thread just reminded me of the other day, when me and my friend where sooo close to buying a copy of the first one! :P

Is it really worth watching? I mean, obviously it's really good and stuff. But how gory is it? I'm not at all good with gore. Watching 'Silent Hill' is the closest i'll get to watching a gory movie.

There's a thunder in our hearts, baby.
#16 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 11:02 AM
Ugh, I hateee scray movies and my friends forced me to watch Saw III.

Honestly, I didn't find it too terrible. I can deal with gore, but it's all of the psychological things that scare me.

And IMO, Saw III didn't have much of a psycological thrill to it. It was more of trap after trap after trap. So I was able to sleep that night, which was really outstanding for me. XD

The worst part, though, was definately the brain surgery. The sound of the drill against Jigsaw's skull made me have to cover my ears. Oh, and the crusefix thing was pretty intense. D:

I heard that in Saw V, one of the traps could potentially kill the actor who plays it. The director called it elegent in it's simplicity, or something like that.

Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely crazy?

Oh, and I don't get the movie poster. D:
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 11:10 AM
There were two movie posters, as I know. Maybe the one with the man with a "mask" on is supposed to be Jigsaw? :?:

I don't get it now.
#18 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
There were two movie posters, as I know. Maybe the one with the man with a "mask" on is supposed to be Jigsaw? :?:

I don't get it now.

Hmm. Puzzling.

Oh, and here's a video with a picture of the potentially deadly trap (which didn't actually kill him in the end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xJG8URoto
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 11:16 AM
So I guess the one in the poster is Jigsaw. That, or I'm still confused. :disagree:
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 11:26 AM
Well how can it be Jigsaw? We saw him die in the last film? I doubt they are going to make it into like, an unrealistic "oh my god hes come back to life". But who knows? We will see.

I love the Saw films. I cringe and hide when I know that something gruesome is about to happen, but I love how devious the methods are to, well basically kill the victim. Im not a huge fan of gory films usually, but theres something about Saw I just love.

Im that sad, Iv put the release date in my diary for Saw V to come out!!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 11:31 AM
I'm still a bit confused. I'll wait for Saw V to find out.

I heard there would also be a Saw VI. Any confirmation on this?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 1:32 PM
Did anyone watch Saw II on the Sci-Fi channel last night? I flipped out when I saw it was on . It's funny cause we were talking in the Supernatural thread about some girl who guest starred in an episode and I said I loved her because of her part in Saw II.

Anyway, I have a story about being creeped out by the weird doll. I used to work at Halloween Adventure a couple years ago. This guy I worked with came in on Halloween day, when we were all supposed to dress up. He walks up behind me, taps me on the shoulder... I turn around, he presses a button that makes the creepy laugh the doll makes, and he is DRESSED AS THE DOLL. He had the mask and everything (which he apparently spent a good amount of money on, it was authentic). I just about peed myself. Then I yelled at him.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 5:55 PM
No I didn't see it on, though I was planning to. I got the SAW II DVD instead so there was no point for me watching it on basic cable. Especially since that version had been horribly watered down for TV use I've heard, and all the swears are silent, which is kinda hard having the SAW movies that way because sometimes if you take out the swear the sentence doesn't make sense you know?

Haha I knew someone who dressed as the puppet for halloween. He was pretty spooky looking, he even went around the school riding a little rusty old tricycle, it was hilarious.