Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 12:05 AM
Default American Idol
Since the American Idol Season 7 got deleted for some reason, I'm going to restore it again.
Who do you want to win, and how do you feel about the current contestants? I'm a diehard supporter of Archuleta. Go Arch Angels! :D
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 12:13 AM
The whole forum was purged... lots of really old and pointless threads in here. Let's remember to not just spam this thread with "Go David!" Or "Woot, woot, woot lolz!!!1" and instead post thoughtful responses about the topic. Thanks everyone

Anywho, I am a big AI fan myself and am rooting for Archuleta and Syesha. I think Syesha is a little boring as a performer, but her voice is so spot-on all the time. And her low range is awesome, unlike most of the other contestants'.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
I think Syesha is a little boring as a performer, but her voice is so spot-on all the time. And her low range is awesome, unlike most of the other contestants'.

I love Syesha also. I was upset when she was in the bottom 3, because I thought she was simply amazing that week, and I was even more upset that Chikezie got voted off (he didn't deserve to go that early! )
I wish all the contestants luck on country Dolly Parton week
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 1:28 AM
I really didn't care for Chekezie from the get-go, but I do think they (judges) were always a little harsh on him. I thought the harmonica playing was fun!

#5 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 1:28 AM
I like Archuleta, He is very good (and cute!)... but the last song he chose didn't really work for me.

I also like David Cook! He did and amazing job on Eleanor Rigby and Billy Jean!

I am really hoping a boy wins this year... the girls aren't hitting it for me...
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 1:39 AM
I loved little David's last song. I didn't know of it previously, but I thought it was fun and liked the melody a lot. Obviously the judges didn't agree with me (lol). I am just really getting tired of all the shrill fan-girl screams. I mean I know he's cute, but c'mon...

David Cook does not impress me at all. He is a good performer, but his vocals are just not my style.

Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 1:44 AM
I am also a big fan of Carly Smithson. Her singing is really good! People are a bit harsh on her because she has tattoos, she's 'pregnant', dumb stuff like that. I wish people would stop treating the show like a popularity contest.
Chikezie wasn't my favorite, but he didn't deserve to go yet. SOME people (coughCOUGHcough) should have went before he did.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 1:50 AM
you deleted my danny posts. terrible!

i hope he comes back for that awful charity show thingie they do every year. i don't know how i'm to get through that as it is.

pa fights the bear.
#9 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 1:55 AM
That charity thing was a waste of my time. I mean watching celebritys "donating" money for 2 WHOLE HOURS!!! and then FINALLY they tell us who is going home.... I agree, soapstar, it was awful....
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 5:26 PM
Danny cracked me up, he was like the Sanjaya of season 7. I'm glad he left, though...he struck me as obnoxious, and self-centered. He's one of those singers that would get old, fast :eviltongu
I laughed so hard when he said "mmm-hhmm..."
Alchemist
#11 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 5:37 PM
David Cook.

'Nuff said.

Well, okay maybe not 'nuff said. I also like Brooke White and uhh... something Castro. My mind just blanked. JASON! That's it. Okay, so yeah. They're both the type of music I usually go for. But David Cook is shmexy and his voice is amazing.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:30 AM
Jason Castro has amazing blue eyes, afinefrenzy :D. I think he's a little amateur, though. Definitely out of his league.

I'm rooting for Michael Johns, although I don't understand the logic behind an Aussie being eligible for American Idol. I fell for him when he did Bohemian Rhapsody in Hollywood week. He seemed to hit his stride last week for the birth year songs, so I'm hoping he'll just get better and better.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:34 AM
Oh yeah... Danny!

I cracked up when he said "Whatever!" To simon with his hand thing that simon always does. Hilarious! But I didn't really like his music...

Michael Johns was AMAZING in Hollywood Week. Some say he was "straining" but I beg to differ... he just has a powerful voice!
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:47 AM
Ooh. This is definitely a topic I can join in on! I agree with you, afinefrenzy. Brooke & Jason are my type of music too. But then again, I tend to go for the more hippy/acoustic/bluesy type of thing. I swear I was born 20 years too late! I think Jason Castro is adorable & has the most amazing eyes ever! He's very charming, but in a college crush sort of way. I'm a sucker for a guy with an acoustic guitar! I doubt he'll go too much farther though b/c he is out of his league ambition-wise.

Brooke is like a Carly Simon throwback & her personality is adorable. I bet she's a cool chick in real life. Michael Johns is pretty great too. I really like his voice. I think he should sing a Train song (and I don't even care for that band). I just think it'd be a good match. And David Cook is awesome. He almost reminds me of Chris Daughtry: ready to make cd's, just needed to get his name out there.

I hate to say it, but my favorite line (and one of my new favorite words) came from Danny when he answered Simon by saying, "Ish".....loved that!
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by naplesstevens
Ooh. This is definitely a topic I can join in on! I agree with you, afinefrenzy. Brooke & Jason are my type of music too. But then again, I tend to go for the more hippy/acoustic/bluesy type of thing. I swear I was born 20 years too late! I think Jason Castro is adorable & has the most amazing eyes ever! He's very charming, but in a college crush sort of way. I'm a sucker for a guy with an acoustic guitar! I doubt he'll go too much farther though b/c he is out of his league amition-wise.

Brooke is like a Carly Simon throwback & her personality is adorable. I bet she's a cool chick in real life. Michael Johns is pretty great too. I really like his voice. I think he should sing a Train song (and I don't even care for that band). I just think it'd be a good match. And David Cook is awesome. He almost reminds me of Chris Daughtry: ready to make cd's, just needed to get his name out there.

I hate to say it, but my favorite line (and one of my new favorite words) came from Danny when he answered Simon by saying, "Ish".....loved that!

Me too!! David is deffiantley like Chris daughtry! Lets hope for the best when they sing Dollie Parton tonight!
Alchemist
#16 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:52 AM
Totally realized the show started and I'm missing it. -_-

It's Dolly Parton week, though... so I don't know if I care.
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:56 AM
Right! I'm watching it right now, and typing at the same time...I'm a geek like that.
Let's see how the contestants do!

Although not related: that Mac commercial was funny! That's why I don't have Vista
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:26 AM
Wow, David Archuleta! I was amazed by his performance. I wanted to cry
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:28 AM
Yeah.. He was SO GOOD! and Kristy isn't doing too bad.
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:40 AM
I have it taped on my tivo and I'm only at the beginning of David A. Who's doing good so far?

My favorite was Danny because he was so funny! I'm sad he left )=. Now my other favorites are Ramielle and David Archuleta. I also really like Brooke, Jason, Syesha, and David Cook.

Carly is okay, but not my style.
I don't really like Kristy. I never liked country.
retired moderator
#21 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:56 AM
Let's not turn this thread into a play-by-play of the performances as the night progresses. Sharing your opinions (and whatnot) about the current performances is fine though. Thanks guys.

#22 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 9:26 PM
Jason Castro <3

loooooove his voice and face =]

Quote: Originally posted by cwoods977
Me too!! David is deffiantley like Chris daughtry! Lets hope for the best when they sing Dollie Parton tonight!

he's better than daughtry ; much more control in his range
Mad Poster
#23 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 9:41 PM
How did Ramiele get voted off?! She had a beautiful voice! It should have been Kristy Lee, but she's probably only on because of www.votefortheworst.com .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Banned
#24 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 9:46 PM
David Cook is the one I want to win, I think he has an amazing voice.

Carly Smithson is another great singer. Brooke White is another one of my favorites, but I can't really see her winning the competition, though she'll defenetly make an album eventually.
Jason Castro has a nice, pleasant voice, but I think he'd get boring fast. He seems to always sing the same, easy listening type music. He'd be great playing on the street or at a beach or at a small concert with just him and his guitar...
David Archuleta...so cute, nice voice, I don't think he'll win though.
Syesha has a great voice, she used to be one of my favorites but she doesn't stand out as much as the others.
Kristy Cook is kinda boring to me, I'm not a favorite of country music.
Micheal Johns is pretty good, he sounds amazing when he sings any song by Queen.

Oh, and Danny Noreaga was soo funny. "Ish" and "I dunno, some people were LIKEIN' IT!!" were my favorite lines. Didn't care for his singing though.
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:33 AM
Well, it's hard to say Malu-bye to Ramiele (sorry, couldn't resist the pun) but I didn't like her recent song choice much, and I was pretty sure she wouldn't win even though I liked her a lot. I think that America made a good decision in their voting choices, but I thought that Jason Castro would be in the bottom three instead of Ramiele because he seems a bit boring to me.
Recently, my favorites in singing are David A, Syesha and Carly. David Cook and Michael Johns are good also, but I think they're a teensy bit overrated. I was losing hope in David A until he came back last Tuesday with a fantastic song, so I think he'll be safe for a few more weeks.
Page 1 of 4