Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 12:57 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 13th Feb 2016 at 3:46 PM.
Default s4pe 0.4.2 beta
0.4.2 beta is out: -- Thread locked since we've moved on to the next version.

Current release: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/releases
Current feedback thread: see "List of Tools" sticky if you can't find it

Quote:
Lots of contributions by CmarNYC, Buzzler, Inge Jones (see the recent commits for detailed information):

• Fixed issue with perpetual "new updates" that were always the same old 0.3c. Also, no more browser hijacking \o/
  • Fixed folder bookmarks issue (reported here )
  • Various updates/fixes to STBL; will now also deal with STBL resources that have incorrect length information
  • Backwards compatibility: correctly deals with pre-1.13 tag format (16bit) used in COBJ, CCOL etc.
  • 32bit tag support added for CCOL
  • Added ability to import resources that follow the EA/Maxis naming convention (group!instance.type)
  • CASP resource flags now use external tag tuning file for better forwards compatibility
  • WorldColorTimelineResource and SkyBoxColor added
  • DMAP (DeformerMap) added
  • TRIM added
  • CLIP added
  • Added several import/export handlers back in, so everything should now work with rightclick > Import / Export
  • Updated GEOMViewer
  • Updated extensions
  • Updated readme
  • Updated the included tag tuning to game version 1.15 (2016-02-04)
Use 7zip to uncompress the binary, it will likely not work otherwise.

Download: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4To...tag/v0.4.2-beta

Bug reports can go in this thread (preferred, because all of the current contributors are here more often), or in https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/issues

Known Issues

• Build procedure does not (always) copy tagtuning and extensions.txt like it should
  • MODL: Fade flags are not editable (old issue inherited from one of the 0.3 versions, used to work before that)

To Do

• Check how feasible it would be to port the whole thing to mono (Buzz, ella?)

Done (will be available in next release)

• Updated Extensions.txt ( = fewer UNKN)
  • Added wrappers for THUM (_THM) 0x16CA6BC4 / TMLT 0xB0118C15
  • Fixed CatalogCommon issue with additional byte in AuralProperties v4 (affected CCOL and COBJ)
  • CatalogCommon is now version 0xB by default
  • png import/export options added for 0xE254AE6E, 0xE18CAEE2, 0x16CCF748
  • MTBL updated
  • Fixed CLIP issues with creating new instances, fixed bug in resource write
  • File > Open / File > Open Readonly overhaul
  • Remembered to edit readme.txt *before* publishing next release (also didn't forget version.ini)

You can also see the latest commits here if you want to check what exactly has been updated and by whom.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 1:55 AM
Quote:
Fixed folder bookmarks issue
Thanks for fixing this, but it's kind of obsolete now that s4pe uses the Windows open dialog. (Which is cool, and I wouldn't even have mentioned the bug if I'd known y'all were doing that, it's much better with the standard dialog and I can just add folders to the Libraries group -- nice!)

Ironic though
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 2:09 AM
We can't very well not fix it -- if only to celebrate that someone, somewhere, managed to post an actual bug report! =D

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 10:54 AM
Are the Sims 4 tools (s4pe and Sims 4 Studio) still Windows only at this time? With .NET going Open Source, what would it take to port stuff over to be cross-platform-capable? I'm wondering if it is even worthwhile to port s3pi and the Sims3Tools to C# 6 and the Roslyn compiler? Sorry, I think qn is a bit off-topic...but I've always wondered if people still wanted tools for OSX or wished that the tools can be updated, based on the odd question popping up in Sims 3 Help for OSX re:s3pe & Dashboard on Mac. I'm willing to put in the time, but I need mentoring, so I'm just testing the waters interest-wise.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 11:02 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 9th Feb 2016 at 11:55 AM.
Well our next task actually was to port it to mobile platforms, in keeping with modern trends. This may include the iPad, as our token support for the Apple series. Hope this helps.

(PS I am not in charge of the project, the actual team members may have other plans )

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 12:16 PM
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:00 AM
Hi I posted in the general discussion forum and got directed here. One of my issues has been solved by updating to this release but I still have an issue with exporting pngs. I noticed in settings dialog that the thumbnail exporte helper is disabled and no mater how many times I try to enable it it just silently switches back to disabled. I navigated my folders in windows explorer and the files appear to be there is there something extra to download for the thumbnail export helper?

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:04 AM
There shouldn't be anything extra to download -- but we added a lot of image import/export stuff back in for 0.4.2 that had been removed previously, and I believe it is entirely possible we missed something.

Do you have an example what sort of resource you mean exactly? Can you upload a package, or give us a resource type / ID if its something from the game files? (Preferrably from the base game, please)

Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
There shouldn't be anything extra to download -- but we added a lot of stuff back in for 0.4.2 that had been removed previously, and I believe it is entirely possible we missed something.

Do you have an example what sort of resource you mean exactly? Can you upload a package, or give us a resource type / ID if its something from the game files? (Preferrably from the base game, please)

I've been trying to export thumbnails from the localthumbnailcache.package and the thumbnails.package in the game folders and all of the resources with the tag "THUM" export to an icky jpeg like the one attached. I also attached a croped screenshot of the preview of the thumbnail pre export in the program. I also attached a .package containing only that one thumbnail copied out of the thumbnails.package in the game folder.
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  thumbnail.rar (5.6 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Description: the package containing the isolated thumbnail resource shown in the images

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:25 AM
How do you export these exactly -- Export > To File or Export to PNG?

If you haven't done that already, try the latter -- see screenshot, for me that seems to work perfectly fine (in the background is the exported PNG opened in paint.net). The same option is also available when you rightclick on the resource, so you don't need to mouse through the menu.

If this is impractical because you often need to export multiple files in one go (which only works with Export > To File), maybe @CmarNYC can tell what it would take to make that work the same way? That one also produces weirdness with .jpg endings for me.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:50 AM
How do you export these exactly -- Export > To File or Export to PNG?

I have been doing it to file. I only have Import from png no export to png. This might be because of the thumbnail export helper being persistantly disabled. I attached a screenshot of the resource dropdown. I also noticed that the import png option doesn't show up on the types 0xE254AE6E and 0xE18CAEE2 both are thumbnails of sims.
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MonoChaos
I only have Import from png no export to png. This might be because of the thumbnail export helper being persistantly disabled. I attached a screenshot of the resource dropdown.

Weird o.O Thanks for the report, then!

To get your thumbnails done, maybe try the build that I currently use -- this is the (unfinished) next version, it's what I used when I made the screenshot in the above post. Maybe I have the export option now because we updated the extensions in the meantime? Not sure, I haven't really looked at that file myself.

The missing options for 0xE254AE6E and 0xE18CAEE2 is the same in the 0.4.3 one too, but thanks for pointing it out, I think that ought to be easy to fix =).

Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:52 AM
why i always get this error on the right screen

Error reading resource 0x3453CF95-0x80000000-0xE2E17331C37D9C8F
Front-end Distribution:
Library Distribution:

Source: s4pi.WrapperDealer
Assembly: s4pi.WrapperDealer, Version=1602.9.10.34500, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Could not find a resource handler
----
Stack trace:
at s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)
at s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie, Boolean AlwaysDefault)
at S4PIDemoFE.MainForm.browserWidget1_SelectedResourceChanged(Object sender, ResourceChangedEventArgs e)
----
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:00 PM
g1g2 that error message caused by a faulty install process. You must use the advised unzipper, 7zip, to extract the files.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
g1g2 that error message caused by a faulty install process. You must use the advised unzipper, 7zip, to extract the files.

thanks it working now
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:36 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 12th Feb 2016 at 2:39 PM.
I added the png import/export for 0xE254AE6E, 0xE18CAEE2 and 0x16CCF748 (another sim portrait type), and updated MTBL as well with the info from yesterday's Maxis bt.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#17 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:07 PM
The PNG export was mislabelled at one point but should be right in the current/upcoming build.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:34 PM
Do you mean the "Export to PNG" option now, or the Export > To File thing?

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 1:53 PM
Added ability to import resources that follow the EA/Maxis naming convention (group!instance.type)

You can do one nifty thing with this: drag files directly from the Tray folder into S4PE. Which means you can easily pack households and lots, put them into the Mods folder, and thus have an easier time organizing them as properly named .package files instead of a loose collection of randomly named files. (Well, I believe at least, I've been doing this in previous versions of S4PE with the help of a bunch of scripts I cobbled together, but with the new version of S4PE it should work out of the box.)

This doesn't work with rooms, despite S4PE properly handling the files, because the game can't load gallery rooms from the Mods folder.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 2:02 PM
Yeah, that's exactly why we added it -- I've also updated the lot packaging tutorial http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561923 accordingly (without mentioning drag+drop though, so thanks for the heads-up =).

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 3:16 PM
0.4.3 is out, see this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=572510

Closing here. Thanks for the feedback!

Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Obsolete