Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:55 PM
Default Patterns on an outfit
I have been trying to make outfits like the swimsuits in the picture, but I can't seem to replicate the patterns of stripes. Am I doomed if I don't have artistic talent or is there a way to do things like that in Photoshop?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have been trying to make outfits like the swimsuits in the picture, but I can't seem to replicate the patterns of stripes. Am I doomed if I don't have artistic talent or is there a way to do things like that in Photoshop?

Sometimes it's easier to do things like that if you have the UV map. You can use it as a template to get everything in the right place. There is a thread here on MTS that contains most of the UV maps for Maxis clothes. I'm assuming those swimsuits are just painted onto the naked mesh... so if you use the UV map for the naked adult male, you should be able to get better placement of your stripes.

There's no magic filter for Photoshop to help paint patterns on Sim clothes, though. Sorry to disappoint.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 12:07 PM
Thanks. I'll try that.