Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2023 at 8:42 AM
Is it Possible to make/use custom or Unsupported Languages in the Game?
I have been searching for answers on how to change Languages in the game by altering the Decimal/Hexadecimal code from Registry Editor, and so far only Languages that has hexadecimal codes are the supported ones that EA put in the game.

You see, i was trying to make a project into translating Sims 2 into Tagalog (a Filipino language) and whilst messing around with SimPE, it seems possible! there's an option there to translate it into Tagalog!

I don't know if the picture is going to show, but anyways; As you can clearly tell, I'm already starting to work on it. but the thing is, I don't know how to make it show in the game! I don't really know exactly the hexadecimal number I should be putting in the registry editor in order for it to show up.

And i know it's possible to change the language into unsupported one, like for example, this Turkish Translation Mod for the game exist; but I'm still definitely not sure if they just translated it and put the text on the English section so it would appear in the game; but I doubt that's the case.

So before i waste any more time, attempting to find the proper hexadecimal code for the Tagalog Language, is it possible to make a custom language in the game that i can play as?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Sep 2023 at 3:39 AM
I just took a look through the game's code and unfortunately all the languages it supports through the Language registry value are listed on the wiki here: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...e_Game_Language

The game uses code along these lines:
Code:
      if ( LanguageIDRegistry >= 1 && LanguageIDRegistry <= 24 )
        v14 = RegistryLanguageNumberMap[LanguageIDRegistry];

so if the number in the registry isn't between 1 and 24 (1 and 0x18 in hex), it just ends up defaulting to English.

Your best bet is probably replacing one of the existing languages, that's likely what the Turkish mod does as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2023 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ammar2
I just took a look through the game's code and unfortunately all the languages it supports through the Language registry value are listed on the wiki here: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...e_Game_Language

The game uses code along these lines:
Code:
      if ( LanguageIDRegistry >= 1 && LanguageIDRegistry <= 24 )
        v14 = RegistryLanguageNumberMap[LanguageIDRegistry];

so if the number in the registry isn't between 1 and 24 (1 and 0x18 in hex), it just ends up defaulting to English.

Your best bet is probably replacing one of the existing languages, that's likely what the Turkish mod does as well.

yeah sadly! i kinda figured that they have done that trick since that's what i did in my first attempt. oh well! also thanks for the reply!