Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:31 PM
I Just Got NL And...
OK, so i bought nightlife yesterday and - im a little confused. I haven't really tampered with downtown and community lots yet, but i read in the info book that you buy with the game case. One thing was that if you are sitting in the park and if you look across the road you can see the restraunts, ect. Does this only work with community lots, or only downtown?

Also, I have watched some videos online and I saw some of them had you follow your sims IN their car to where they were going. ? Again, is this only when you visit downtown, or community lots, not work, ect. One last question, about driveways - Um, ok if i put the main driveway down, then add an addon driveway, Can i possibly make another add-on and turn it so my garage is behind my house? lol. I'm just trying to experiment here.

Like I said I just bought it on Friday, the third.. So i'm a bit of a newb to it. If you could answer my questions that would be great - Thanks
Advertisement
#2 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:38 PM
Ok, first its works anywhere at home, downtown, and so on. But you need to turn on the option(sp?).

Second, you will follow them everywhere except for school and work.

Last, you can only put it in the front, because you can turn it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:39 PM
If your graphic card can handle it, you can enable the ability to see the other lots around you...this works anywhere, whether you're at home or Downtown. :]

Only when your sim goes to a comm. lot can you 'follow' them (since you have to control them :P), aaaand driveways don't have angles at all, so you'll only be able to have a driveway that goes in a straight line. But you'll be able to extend it for as far as your lot allows with those driveway extension things.

Hope I helped :]
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:44 PM
Thanks for the comments you both helped alot. But, i did turn on the 'veiw neighbors' And the houses came up all blury. Is there a way to improve the graphics? Like, View them as if you were veiwing your own house? My graphics card can handle it - like so far i mean. It doesn't slow down my game at all.
#5 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 8:51 PM
The house suppose to look blurrish, for some reason ^_^.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:37 PM
So can you Actually watch them go to the place they're going to like a Bowling Alley?
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 2:00 AM
Like, yea, so folllow them IN their car I guess where i saw this in one of the movies they dont really let you follow them to the place. (like, let you watch them drive to the place they going)
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 9:53 PM
You can't actually watch them go anywhere. After they exit your home lot, it gives you the load screen. When it's done it brings you to the lot. It's not like it shows you the interior of the cars with the sims in it.
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 3:18 AM
LOL! Ok, thanks - was confused for a second there
Site Helper
#10 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:30 PM
If you pause the game you can zoom in close enough to see the sims inside their car. Especially with Gunmod's camera hack. It's amazing how much detail they put in there, too. (Make sure you have all the detail set to high to appreciate the full extent of it.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook