Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 10:21 PM
Seasons Questions
Hi everyone :D
I'm Considering getting seasons this weekend (earned extra money babysitting:insane So I want to know what are the ups, downs, and most importantly, how much extra lag does it cause?:3dcool: I can find more info like new items, interactions, ect. on the web.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 1:13 AM
Ups- Free food, snow, rain, leaves, thunderstorms, ability to change hair for different outfits
Downs- Nothing!

It causes a little extra lag but not much.
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 1:46 AM
Oh Cool! :P
#4 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 6:46 PM
Make sure you download the latest patch from thesims2.ea.com before you start playing.

Lag differs from computer to computer, but I have about 1 gig of RAM, don't even have a graphics card, not too many downloads, and I only experienced a little bit of lag when it first starts snowing, but not as the snow continues.

Definitely get Seasons, it's worth it. :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:02 PM
I too think its worth it..lots of fun stuff!
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eadoin
ability to change hair for different outfits

how do u do that O_O
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fatal_error
how do u do that O_O

There's an option in CAS to do it. It's in the menu where you select their hair. You can change it later if you use a mirror to change your sim's appearance.

Feel free to call me Squash

#8 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blahgirl13
Make sure you download the latest patch from thesims2.ea.com before you start playing.

Lag differs from computer to computer, but I have about 1 gig of RAM, don't even have a graphics card, not too many downloads, and I only experienced a little bit of lag when it first starts snowing, but not as the snow continues.

Definitely get Seasons, it's worth it. :D

Your lack of computer knowledge amuses me. I'm not having a go at you but every computer has a graphics card, whether it's onboard or not. Don't mean too insult you, it just amused me.
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 4:43 PM
Thanks, i got seasons and it is so great! I'm amazed at the things you can do! :D:DAlthough i haven't done everything yet, but i will :P
#10 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 7:47 PM
LOL ok higgins. What I meant is that I don't have one of the supported/recommended graphics cards (Radeon or nVidia) for playing for TS2.

Edit: Actually, then can you explain what HystericalParoxysm is saying in http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...7561#post967561 thread then?

Quote:
Intel chips are notorious for degrading over time - your chip is dying. It's not really a chip meant to run games but to browse the internet, run spreadsheets, word processing, etc. - it's supported because it's very common but it's not meant for gaming. I had the same problem before I upgraded - 915G/GV (very similar) just going crappy and blurry and ugly over time with worse and worse performance - which was fully fixed when I upgraded. Look into what your computer can get and get a real graphics card (assuming it's not a laptop). Integrated Intel will just continue going bad until it eventually dies - and it can take more with itself if it does eventually go "Ack!" and die, being so integrated with your motherboard. Upgrade before it does. If it is a laptop and you can't upgrade... run all the game's settings down as low as you can - lowest resolution, etc. to prevent overstressing it. I don't think a defrag is really gonna do a whole lot though it's good to do in general... the problem is that you're simply putting too much strain on a chip that was never truly designed for or capable of handling that kind of heavy load.

I have an Intel chip, so I thought it wasn't actually a graphics card (though obviously I can see graphics on my computer and everything).

And I swear I'm not so computer-illiterate when it comes to non-hardware-related matters.