Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Chaudrum : 26th Aug 2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: SOLVED

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED - My saved game doesnt show up in neighborhood, despite being installed
SOLVED!!

Hi everyone.

I have for the first time in maybe a year or 2 installed my sims 2 game on my pc.
I have windows 10 so i used the grumpy loader to patch my game and I installed it in the "windows XP service pack 2" kompatibility mode.

I tested the game several time during installation and it worked fine. I have all expansionpacks and all stuff packs except the happy holiday stuff. I installed it in the correct order but i did forget to patch the family fun stuff pack.
However the game runs fine.

The problem is that i have now installed my backed up files in my game and they dont show up. I almost only played in the strangetown neighborhood and when I open this neighborhood only the original lots from the game show up.

My hacks and custom content is enabled and shows up in make a family. I havent added any new hacks/mods/downloads since the last time I had it installed. My computer broke and I just havent gotten around to installing it sooner.

I hope you guys can help me...I have eight generations of my belowed legacy family that i would be absolutely devastated to be without.

Thank you so much
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:11 PM
Did you delete the existing Strangetown folder before you put in your backup?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:15 PM
No I didnt....I dont think I ever have before....I have just overriden it...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaudrum
No I didnt....I dont think I ever have before....I have just overriden it...

That's why you can't see it. You need to remove the existing version of Strangetown first - you completely corrupted the neighbourhood when you did that. Delete the folder now - it will never work - and put in a fresh copy of your saved Strangetown folders.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:41 PM
ooh thank heavens. I will try that tomorrow and let you know how it works out.

Should I always do that when installing a backup?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 9:03 PM
ooh thank heavens. I will try that tomorrow and let you know how it works out.

Should I always do that when installing a backup?

Yes, never ever overwrite your hoods or you will break them and corrupt them beyond repair.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 10:47 PM
I found the time to try it tonight. However it is still not working...I have replaced all of my neigborhoods with the backup.
But no luck....I still just see strangetown like EA made it
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:35 PM
Never, ever, override hoods. I did that back in 07 and while my hood showed everything was white with writing all over it. Simply delete the Sims 2 folder, run your game to make a fresh one, delete all the Maxis hoods you don't want and also delete the neighbourhood manager, then paste yours in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:28 AM
@Chaudrum - have you replaced the hood in the program files as well?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:32 AM
I found the time to try it tonight. However it is still not working...I have replaced all of my neigborhoods with the backup.
But no luck....I still just see strangetown like EA made it

2 things come to mind.

1. Did you have the Store Edition installed when you had this hood somewhere else?

2. Delete the "NeighborhoodManager.package" and then try it again.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 11:18 AM
Thank you so much for your input.

@Joandsarah77: I am going to try that next

@Justpetro: The programfiles....is that the neighborhoodmanager.package file you mean?

I did replace the neighborhoodmanager.package file yes.

@Marka93: My strangetown is a progression of strangetown from when I first bought the game. But I have never had more than 1 strangetown installed.....if that is what you meant
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:10 PM
@Justpetro: The programfiles....is that the neighborhoodmanager.package file you mean?

The Program Files is where the game gets the Strangetown template from when first creating it. If you replace the one it generates in My Documents then that should work. There's no reason for it to write over it as long as it's named exactly the same as the original.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:39 PM
So I have good news and bad news.

The good news is its working!!!! yes!
The bad news is that i realised my game installed itself on my onedrive, which is almost full so I have to reinstall any way.

But it is working after i deleted the sims 2 file and let the game regenerate it.

Thank you all so much!