Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 1:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim can't walk up or down slope
One of my toddlers just transitioned to child. Her first autonomous action was to go to the outdoor privy. She walked to the base of the small hill it sits on and got the thought bubble showing blocked route. I had her try different approaches with same result. I used move objects to place her on the hill. She pottied and wanted to go shower, but could not go down the hill. Again I moved her but she could not go into either the outdoor shower or the outdoor bathing pool because they were slightly downslope. By then her energy bar was nearly red and she wanted to sleep but could not go back to the home entrance because of "blocked route". This child is severely handicapped.

I read in one post about 3 sims who had the same hairdo, not being able to eat. Turned out there were two meshes for the hair. Removing one solved it. I did recently install some new hairs and did not run Clean Installer afterward. This child did have one of the new hairs. I left game, ran Clean Installer. Lo, I found five duplicate meshes, one of them for the child's hair. All removed. I also ran HCDU and Hood Checker. HDCU found nothing new, just the usual conflicts with Inteen. Hood Checker found a plethora of non-existent sims, all removed. Went back into game. Girl can still not walk on slopes. Changed her hair twice with no improvement.

Anyone have a suggestion?

I vaguely remember once having a baby or toddler whom no one could interact with and deleting it with Move Objects, saving, leaving lot, then returning to lot to find sim at mailbox, fixed. But can't swear that was TS2 and have recently read, Never Delete Sim.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 1:22 AM
Occasionally you will get a sim who is unable to navigate were other sims can. I don't know there is any fix. I remember one sim in this family I had who I couldn't just click the house, I had to tell him to go to the garden than the house because like your sim something was in his way. He also could not navigate the slope in front of the house to go play either. Like yours, it was an 'outdoor' family in that the shower was a waterfall in the creek and the toilet was a bush. Not being able to interact is different to a sim who can't navigate well. I suggest flattening the areas/move things to where she can navigate because ageing up is unlikely to change things, certainly didn't help my sim.

Resetting a sim with move objects is not what 'never delete a sim' means. Deleting a sim means moving them to the sim bin and using that bin/trashcan to delete/shred them permanently. Using move objects, delting the sims instance off the lot and reloading the lot is resetting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:09 PM
@joandsarah77 - Thanks a bunch. I guess I will have to play her as a handicapped sim. I can add an additional toilet bush. Don't think I can flatten the waterfall and still have it look right. I use Sunni and Frac's Bathing Instincts Pool for Pets which my toddlers and children can also bathe in. I thought it was on flat ground but it's positioned at the edge of the waterfall so may not be. I think this girl was able to use it as a toddler but cannot now. I can try moving it or add another. She won't be able to go foraging or fishing with the others. But she can learn to craft when she is older. This will add something different to the story. I started this game for the Test of Time challenge and this family is in the Old Stone Age phase. Before she becomes a teen, the older children will have begun Gen 3 and the Neolithic Age and the family will move out of the cave to a lot more suitable for farming. This is going to be interesting.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:28 PM
[QUOTE=joandsarah77]Occasionally you will get a sim who is unable to navigate were other sims can. I don't know there is any fix. I remember one sim in this family I had who I couldn't just click the house, I had to tell him to go to the garden than the house because like your sim something was in his way. He also could not navigate the slope in front of the house to go play either. Like yours, it was an 'outdoor' family in that the shower was a waterfall in the creek and the toilet was a bush. Not being able to interact is different to a sim who can't navigate well. I suggest flattening the areas/move things to where she can navigate because ageing up is unlikely to change things, certainly didn't help my sim.QUOTE]
============
I think it's cool that Sims are different. Wouldn't it be fine if that clumsy Sim could improve with exercise and dancing? Or be more entertaining by remaining a klutz; breaking things, etc.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 10:48 PM
Yeah, I wasted a bunch of time flattening the waterfall area, ruined its shape and he still couldn't use it! Funny our issue sounds so similar! I also decided he must be handicapped. I was glad when he was old enough to move off that lot to somewhere more suitable. (he was born in and one of ten... kids)

grammapat I don't know if this was purposefully done difference built into the game or just some weird glitch, but it was certainly odd that the parents and all his siblings had no trouble using that shower and he couldn't. We totally need sims who drop and break and trip over. As someone who does that I would be adding it to my own sim.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~