Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Does deleting simDNA mess anything up?
Is it okay to delete SimDNA because I use meetme2theriver’s clean templates to create an uberhood and some of the leftover DNA files from Belladonna Cove latch on to the new characters who don’t have a dna file of their own (base game issue with sims like Bella Goth, Darleen Dreamer, etc.) from added subhoods that replace their instance number and completely messes up the sims.
For Bella Goth, her skin turns white and her facial structure changes. And some of her babies have grey eyes and brown hair from the leftover DNA.
I restored from backup and decided to delete Bella’s messed up simDNA file before she shows up in game and it fixed it, Bella showed up fine and her DNA file regenerated and is completely accurate. But I read that deleting simDNA can cause problems. Pescado said deleting one simDNA corrupts the entire record but I’ve had plenty of babies with sims from Belladonna Cove that turned out correct.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 8:19 PM
removing SimDNA resources I heard would mess up the DNA of characters created/generated after that.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:10 PM
If it has SimDNA in there but no characters at all in the hood (when you start) then deleting it should be ok. SimDNA generates when a sim is created or born so it shouldn't affect sims created after the fact.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Space Pony
#4 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:31 PM
Uhh…. probably!