Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 10:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game freezes on neighborhood loading screen :(
This morning when I opened the game, it took a long time to get to the neighborhood selection screen. Once it finally did, I clicked Pleasantview just like any other day, but when it reaches the second row of icons, it stops loading and I can't even use task manager because the cursor from the game follows me there and doesn't let me click anything.
I've already rebooted a million times, and tried taking out CC I just downloaded, then the whole folder, then reinstalling and it still freezes there.
By the way, the CC I got most recently was packed in .sims2pack files, so I have no idea how to remove it (like I said I deleted the files that had today as modification date on my downloads, even though for some weird reason more than half the folder has that date now *sigh*)

Don't know if this info might be useful, but I play the ultimate collection on windows 8.1 (have been since it came out and just today I had this problem)
Thanks in advance for trying to help me change my sim-bad-luck-day.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:49 PM
sims2pack files usually installs package files in Downloads or Savedsims, and houses in "Teleport" (until you go ingame).

Have you tried the "fix game" thingy on Origin?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 12:12 AM
Go to origin and right click on your game and see if fix comes up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 12:23 AM
There is one thing I really wish people would stop doing when they're having problems with their game - and that is reinstalling. That should be the last thing you try and even then it should be only if you really, really have to. Uninstalling and reinstalling can lead to problems in itself. There can be (and usually are) files left behind and those files won't let you reinstall properly. For those who know computers well enough to know where to look for left-behind files and know how to get rid of them, that's not so much of a problem. But if you don't know much more about computers than how to turn one on, browse a forum and start a game? Yeah, please don't reinstall unless it is absolutely needed.

There are quite a few reasons one's game isn't working correctly. It can be bad cc, it can be a corrupted objects.package, it could be that the .caches are corrupt and just need deleted. It could even be something you wouldn't even think of - like a corrupt file in the logs. (That happened to fanseelamb and me . A file was corrupt, who knows HOW it got that way but it did and it wouldn't let our games start.) If you play the Ultimate Collection, try the "repair game" option. Those are just a few examples. A reinstall is rarely needed. So stop! :D

Note: This isn't necessarily aimed at the OP, although I did see that they said they reinstalled. It's just some friendly advice since I see a lot of posts here and elsewhere about this and 99% of the time the person says they tried reinstalling. Stop that, lol!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 12:24 AM
When game takes long time to load your first thing to try is delete the cache files.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 2:35 AM
Tried the origin fix and the cache and they're not working either and yeah I know that reinstalling rarely fixes things but I had hope haha and speaking of which, should I delete every single origin/maxis/ea/sims2 file on my computer and install again? it seems I'll be stucked in that goddamn screen forever
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 2:42 AM
You didn't say: does your game load when you try to load ANY neighborhood? Or just when you try to load Pleasantview? I have never played any of the neighborhoods that come with the game (don't even have them IN my game in fact) so I'm not 100% sure - but I think Pleasantview has it's own little bugs and is slightly borked on it's own.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 3:23 AM
Veronaville and a custom neighborhood I downloaded aren't loading either. They get stuck on the second row just like Pleasantview.
Theorist
#9 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 4:08 AM
When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you use a cleaner program, go through the game's (origins) uninstall, or the control panel? Do you have the knowledge to go find all the little kernels that get left behind has MLC was talkin about. I'm not tryin to point fingers or make you feel dumb, but I know that when I had to do this I didn't.

So a few weeks ago I replaced my hard drive and had to update my windows (this I knew how to do :p). I was unable to locate my disks to reinstall the game that way so I went to origin and got UC. My first download of the game was corrupted and gave me the error that sounds similar to what's goin on with you. Anyways, long story short, to get mine fixed I had to use a uninstaller program to get all those little kernels the corrupted install left behind.

It is possible that somehow your original install became corrupted, then your reinstall was also affected by those kernels. I'm not sayin that this is your problem, but it could be. If you do uninstall/ reinstall again, I would suggest usin Revo or another uninstaller program. I hope my 2cents helped.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo...e_download.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 4:39 AM
ohh thanks I'll try that out :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you use a cleaner program, go through the game's (origins) uninstall, or the control panel? Do you have the knowledge to go find all the little kernels that get left behind has MLC was talkin about. I'm not tryin to point fingers or make you feel dumb, but I know that when I had to do this I didn't.

So a few weeks ago I replaced my hard drive and had to update my windows (this I knew how to do :p). I was unable to locate my disks to reinstall the game that way so I went to origin and got UC. My first download of the game was corrupted and gave me the error that sounds similar to what's goin on with you. Anyways, long story short, to get mine fixed I had to use a uninstaller program to get all those little kernels the corrupted install left behind.

It is possible that somehow your original install became corrupted, then your reinstall was also affected by those kernels. I'm not sayin that this is your problem, but it could be. If you do uninstall/ reinstall again, I would suggest usin Revo or another uninstaller program. I hope my 2cents helped.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo...e_download.html

IT WORKED!!!!!!!! Those were very special 2cents thank you very much and everybody who tried to help me
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 1:32 AM
Yay!
Funny thing.. I was going to link you to Calibrat's thread about how she used that uninstaller to fix her game and then promptly forgot. It all worked out in the end though.
Theorist
#13 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:15 AM
I'm no expert on files, folders or technical info. The only thing I can say to many of those who have problems, or think they do, it takes patience to deal with stuff you think is not fast enough. At times, my hoods will look as though they stopped or are very slow loading up something. Usually the first hood I open, the first time I open CaS or a house, things are a bit slower. I don't know why, but I can find plenty of things to do around the house, or just sit and read while waiting. My game takes between 15-20 minutes to get to the hood menu. That's not much considering how long many others wait. Mine stops at the same spots, but will continue to show progress after a bit. Everyone's game is a bit different as in the downloads, size of hoods, etc.. Just walk away and do something that needs doing and eventually it should load. Ask questions before your problems get so entangled, it's difficult for anyone to help answer questions. The main thing is, do not uninstall and re-install without seeking help first. If you aren't sure something is a problem, just ask and give as many details as possible, no one can know what's going on without your input. The patience of all the 'helpers' on this site and a few others is tremendous. Thanks to all of them! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.