Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 8:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why game suddenly takes more time loading after upgrading Windows 10
Yes, there was an actualization for that operating system and I upgraded it. I have around 25k files of CC but that's not the actual problem, how do I know? I know Sims 2 requires more RAM to run smoothly and with CC the situation worsens, so I did those steps of allocating more RAM to the game, and IT WORKED! But, that was in april, the last time I played with the "ORIGINAL WINDOWS 10" (Let's put it like that, without upgrades and all that stuff), Yesterday -after the upgrade- I entered the game and in building mode it takes around 5 or 10 minutes to load. Lots also take that time to load. Decorations to the neighborhood do as well. But I didn't understand, why? My game was using more RAM, enough to load like it used to when I "fixed" it (30 seconds or 5) and I didn't add any CC, because it had always loaded well even with that CC. I reinstalled the game... a pain the back seriously lol and entered, even without the CC my game still took those amount of times to load, so I knew that wasn't the problem. My computer is not the best, but I don't see necessary to post my card and all that stuff because like I said, the problem started after upgrading windows. BUT, I don't know if the new upgrade of Windows 10 is the problem... I thought maybe the game wasn't using more RAM, but I have allocated more RAM to it several times already so the reason why it's taking more time to load must be another . I hope I'm not the only one with this issue... I'm thinking about "downgrading" to windows 8 or to the "original windows 10" if you know what I mean, thanks in advance for any kind of help
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:17 PM
You might need to remove securom, if you haven't already. Google leefish securom and you'll find Sims 2 specific information.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
You might need to remove securom, if you haven't already. Google leefish securom and you'll find Sims 2 specific information.

WOW! I did and it worked! Damn, thank you! I usually get most answers in that site as well, dunno why I couldn't figure it out now... maybe I didn't know such a thing of "securom" existed lmao thank you thank again! I'm gonna investigate about that, tbh I have no idea of what SecuROM is and I'm curious
Inventor
#4 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hammyx
WOW! I did and it worked! Damn, thank you! I usually get most answers in that site as well, dunno why I couldn't figure it out now... maybe I didn't know such a thing of "securom" existed lmao thank you thank again! I'm gonna investigate about that, tbh I have no idea of what SecuROM is and I'm curious

It's DRM, and it's really annoying.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 2:10 AM
Basically an anti-piracy program that pirates are able to crack anyways and basically treats us like criminals.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 2:41 AM
Ohhh, so that's SecuROM, hell yeah it's annoying. Lmao yeah cracking was really easy, I also got the game from Origin which is why I didn't mind so much, but damn, the difference with it and without is huge xD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 3:37 AM
And can break your disk drive, or the old version could, I got 'lucky' on that computer as it had two diskdrives.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
And can break your disk drive, or the old version could, I got 'lucky' on that computer as it had two diskdrives.

damn, really? thank you for sharing that o_O
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 5:13 AM
There was huge controversy over Sucyrom as it was known. It caused a number of things and apart from breaking my disk drive, the first Free Time patch which contained the nastiest version of sucyrom (they put out a second-also borked and a third which is what we use now which is fine) also stopped my game from running while causing a pop up saying I had Demon tools and that if I wanted to run my game I had to remove it. Only I never had Demon tools only legal burning software for family photos! I was PO'd. Annoyed the heck out of me. The new version of sucyrom is said not to be so bad and I haven't had any real issues with Origin/EA -just don't like them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 5:37 AM
There was huge controversy over Sucyrom as it was known. It caused a number of things and apart from breaking my disk drive, the first Free Time patch which contained the nastiest version of sucyrom (they put out a second-also borked and a third which is what we use now which is fine) also stopped my game from running while causing a pop up saying I had Demon tools and that if I wanted to run my game I had to remove it. Only I never had Demon tools only legal burning software for family photos! I was PO'd. Annoyed the heck out of me. The new version of sucyrom is said not to be so bad and I haven't had any real issues with Origin/EA -just don't like them.

Damn, that sucks, I'm glad you solved it! I actually still don't understand why the problem started now tho... because in april my game worked perfectly, may the windows 10 upgrade have something to do with SecuROM's functioning?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 7:11 AM
Perhaps, I don't know much about windows 10. I stay on Windows 7 since I hated the look of 8 and didn't see a need to move to 10.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#12 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 9:13 AM
Microsoft itself has stated that Securom is incompatible with Windows 10. So, yes, that's why.
Alchemist
#13 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 3:49 PM
Yes, in addition to all the other issues it caused, SecuRom makes your system vulnerable to viruses, so Microsoft disabled it on this OS for our protection. Some games that use SecuRom won't even launch on Win 10.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 4:16 PM
Perhaps, I don't know much about windows 10. I stay on Windows 7 since I hated the look of 8 and didn't see a need to move to 10.

oh, that's cool, I actually do miss Windows 7 but my computer came with Windows 8 and then my dad upgraded... I like it tho, the problem is sometimes the games are incompatible and that sucks so hard...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neriana
Microsoft itself has stated that Securom is incompatible with Windows 10. So, yes, that's why.

oh, thank you! that's weird tho, presenting problems after the first upgrade of its version. I even reinstalled and when I reentered, as it hadn't worked, I was sooo pissed off, I was also thinking about the downgrade but for one side I didn't want that to happen because I already got used to Windows 10.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Yes, in addition to all the other issues it caused, SecuRom makes your system vulnerable to viruses, so Microsoft disabled it on this OS for our protection. Some games that use SecuRom won't even launch on Win 10.

o_O it's not that "secure" after all but I'm glad that was the solution, now I can record without lagging like a freak