Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2015 at 7:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can the resolution of the bodyshop window be changed?
Title says it all; the resolution of the game itself can be changed, so whenever I use bodyshop it feels a little odd to have it in a 800x600 window.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th May 2015 at 11:40 PM
It has only two options, so far as I'm aware based on the ReadMe file in the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (whatever pack)\Support\en-uk\ directory.

Quote: Originally posted by the readme file
You can manually set the screen size to 800x600 by creating a copy of The Sims 2 Body Shop shortcut.
To create a shortcut, right click on TS2BodyShop.exe and choose "Create Shortcut". To edit the shortcut, right click on the shortcut and select "Properties." At the end of the line called "Target", add a space after the existing text and type "-r800x600" at the end of the path name.

To set the screen resolution to 1024x768 follow the same steps, but instead type "-r1024x768".

They even talk about some interesting Hot Keys you can use on your keyboard:

Quote: Originally posted by the readme file
Hot Keys:
There are several hot keys in The Sims 2 Body Shop that help you preview your Sims. Many of these can be used in combination to get a precise view of your Sim.

F3 -- Toggles between "free camera" and "set camera" modes. In free camera, you can use the following mouse controls to rotate the camera in all dimensions:

* Click and drag the Left Mouse Button -- Orbits the camera around a Sim's head.

* Click and drag the Right Mouse Button -- Controls the camera zoom. Move the mouse away from you to zoom out. Move the mouse toward you to zoom in.

* Click and drag Left and Right mouse buttons together -- Changes the center point the camera is looking at.

F5 -- Toggles the 3D room off and on. If there is a bitmap graphic named "userBkg.bmp" in the "\EA Games\The Sims 2\" folder in My Documents, the image will be displayed as a backdrop.

F6 -- Displays the Sim in the "bind pose," with arms held straight out. This is helpful for viewing parts of the Sim that may be hidden by the normal pose. To return the Sim to the normal pose click on any Sim thumbnail or content thumbnail.

F7 -- While in "set camera" mode, displays the Sim at the far zoom position.

F8 -- While in "set camera" mode, displays the Sim at the near zoom position.

F9 -- Toggles the UI off and on.

< and > -- Rotates the Sim. (Also shown on the keyboard as the comma "," and period "." keys.)

Display Options:
Pressing ALT+ENTER will toggle The Sims 2 Body Shop between windowed mode (default) and full-screen.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!