Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 9:03 PM
Default Moveobject and/or buydebug cheats freezes my game
Hi guys!

I've been having this issue for almost a few months now and today I tried everything to fix it but nothing worked.

So what i'm experiencing is that when I need to use the moveobject cheat (to move around sims, because... well storytelling stuff). And, even when I turn it off before going into edit town to save it or even life mode... well it will get stuck at the loading screen, (the one with the plumbob and the circle). I have even tried to wait about 4 hours and it's just stuck at that screen.

What I have tried already:

- Deleting the document folder so the game generates a new one
- reinstalling the game
- Downloaded a mod that has all the buydebug stuff in one folder so I don't need the cheat.
- Turning both cheats off before going into edit town/life mode.

So mainly it really is the moveobject cheat (but the buydebug one as well, although with that mod, I don't really have to worry about it).
Patch version is 1.67. Nope I won't go to 1.69

Does anyone knows how to fix this? Because I didn't had this issue before, even with the same patch, it just suddenly appeared. I'm really done to re-create entire buildings because of this that I spent about 3 hours on.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 10:23 PM
To me it only happens if I use buyDebug hidden light areas... I don't know why, but after I place them on a lot, I can't go back to live or edit town mode. It keeps loading forever.

I tried all of the above, plus auto enabling buyDebug without having to enable testingCheats (that cheat is responsible for many bugs, lags and crashings in my game). Nothing helped. So I guess I'm stuck with flawed lighting on my lots...

MOO does not lag, freezes nor crashes my game. It's perfectly stable cheat... at least for me. I don't know how any experienced builder could live without MOO...
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:14 AM
Default Fix found
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
To me it only happens if I use buyDebug hidden light areas... I don't know why, but after I place them on a lot, I can't go back to live or edit town mode. It keeps loading forever.

I tried all of the above, plus auto enabling buyDebug without having to enable testingCheats (that cheat is responsible for many bugs, lags and crashings in my game). Nothing helped. So I guess I'm stuck with flawed lighting on my lots...

MOO does not lag, freezes nor crashes my game. It's perfectly stable cheat... at least for me. I don't know how any experienced builder could live without MOO...

Hi, not sure if this will help anyone since it has been so long but I am still playing TS3 and when I encountered the same problem, I found the fix to be deleting the KT Store Fix Decrap package file from my Mods folder, since this mod conflicts with the buydebug cheat.
Solution found on the following sites:
http://modthesims.info/archive/index.php?t-517673.html
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t...ng-issue-closed