Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 3:14 PM
Default What is the best ep/sp for clothing?
Since the autumn steam sale is up, what are the best eps/sps for clothing? My style is modest, because I'm playing a legacy.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 4:59 PM
Each pack that includes clothing comes with a specific theme. So it depends on what you're wanting. Since you said legacy, I'm assuming you mean the norm so if you dont already have
Seasons - clothing for "seasons",
Town Life (should be free) - gives you a more suburby feel, or
Generations - adds more (modest) clothing for each stage of life, I'd try those first.
Even Ambitions maybe which is the work and small business aspect.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 5:43 PM
Showtime and University Life are great for fashion-conscious young adults.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 6:19 PM
I think it depends on what you're looking for. Late Night has a lot of party wear. Pets has country stuff (like cowboy boots). Supernatural has a lot of strange gothicy stuff. (Also torn clothes, intended for werewolves.) Seasons has outerwear.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:27 AM
Sorry! Forgot to mention i also have already generations, pets, ambitions, and Island paradise. I'm looking at town life, pets, or even diesel stuff.
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:36 PM
Diesel is good in terms of meshes but bad in terms of textures, with clothes and furniture with ugly, low-quality decals that you can't recolor or get rid of.
If you do get it, I suggest you look for some default replacements and fixes for the items (or get basegame-compatible ones).

Seconding @GrijzePilion, University is great. I just looked through the clothes and it's possibly the most consistently good selection of male clothes out of any EP, SP or Store set: versatile and still in style.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Seconding @GrijzePilion, University is great. I just looked through the clothes and it's possibly the most consistently good selection of male clothes out of any EP, SP or Store set: versatile and still in style.

Since it's one of the newest packs and since it's focused on young adults, obviously the clothing selection is still relatively timely. Pets has kind of a hipster-ish style, though I don't suppose it was intended as such, but any older pack is getting quite dated.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#8 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 12:10 PM
I'd say University Life has some great 'modest' clothes. Also the non-magician/acrobat/singer clothes from Showtime. I think Showtime has some awesome clothes for men.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 29th Nov 2017 at 2:02 PM.
Agreed. Showtime has some great clothes. Though maybe a bit too douchey for my tastes. Showtime has a southern Californian glam sort of theme, so it's not exactly the pinnacle of good taste. Like the kind of Instagram-hogging douchebag with a giant Rolex and a Potato inlaid with gold, who always wears Ralph Lauren polos, but only because he's been told it's fancy, who daily drives a bright orange Gallardo, and who's kind of a dick to women.
I personally prefer the weird guy from University Life who always wears a beanie, who vaguely smells of pot, and who's probably going to have a goatee and tiny round glasses by the time he's 50.

insert signature here
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:23 PM
Showtime has some great clothes. Could maybe take a little less jewelry on default, but I'm sure I Like Teh Sims or similar has done dejewelry versions. I especially love some of the male clothes, who I think have some very... lacking ones, at times. Okay, the magician/acrobat/singer clothes can be... uh... weird-looking...

I've also re-discovered my like for several Supernatural clothes! I don't care much for some of the female tops that are very gothic or have puffy-sleeves... but stuff like the coat, the dress-with-scarf, are really cool. And I love several of the male clothes that EP brought! I don't care for the ripped 'werewolf' clothes, though.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 3:24 PM
For men, university and late night has most usable clothing. I always find that men are overlooked while women get bazillion tops, usually with spaghetti straps too.

For women I'd also say university and late night plus a few of the pets ones are usable. I also think that the Gothic tops for women that come with supernatural are gorgeous but I only have one sims that could actually wear them. Guess she will have extra large wardrobe.
Theorist
#12 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 4:28 PM Last edited by HCAC : 12th Jan 2018 at 6:00 PM.
I'm not sure which ones but I like the long sleeved sweaters/cartigans, that sort of thing over the abundance of trashy clothes and super short skirts for women. Eventually you'll find yourself downloading CC (especially for your elders) because so many of them are horrid.
Some of these things also look terrible on "fatter" Sims.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#13 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 4:49 PM
I'd like to plug Outdoor Stuff, because it has a lot of really nice basics that have a lot of recolor potential. Most of the clothing that came with that looks kind of Gap to me which works for a wide variety of normal Sims. Plus I really appreciate having a different telescope and easel to look at for my sims with money.

Edit: I agree with all the people who mentioned Showtime and University Life, as long as you download some accessory leggings. Many of the women's Showtime dresses work better as tunics to my eye.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 4:57 PM
Many of the women's outfits from Showtime, but from every other pack too, should be separated. There are very many outfits that shouldn't be outfits.

insert signature here