Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 8:36 PM
Default I got Sims 2 Pets for GameCube...
I found it one day and it was cheap, so I got it.

I liked customizing Sims, even if you couldn't customize their faces like you would in the PC version. You could however give them accessories over their hair and customize their shoes. I made two Sims and two pets, and then moved them into an empty lot.

I decided to make what I thought would look like a great house...if the buy/build mode wasn't THE WORST IN THE ENTIRE SERIES. (Or it might not be, since I haven't played all the console games, but it was pretty bad.) Like the tool for filling a room with wallpaper is glitchy and would accidentally fill the wrong room; the game lacks a lot of furniture and the ones that it has are terrible; and while the focus of the game is pets the only items you could get for pets are a food dish, a rubber bone, a scratching post, a hamster cage, and a dog house. There are no pet beds.

And then after giving up on building and decorating I tried playing it. It took longer for my Sim to use the toilet than to take a bath, for one thing. Some of the interactions are a little less straight-forward than I'd like them to be - like do I have to direct you to pick up the trash, and then direct you again to throw it away? And how come I can't scold the dog for knocking over the trashcan? And then I was just bored with it so I stopped playing.

I had a feeling this wasn't going to be that good, since none of the console Sims games are (unless it's MySims) but...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 1:05 AM
I have TS2 pets for wii, but I never played it that much. My wiimotes are broken so I can't play it anyway, and with the PC TS2, why would I ever want to?

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 1:58 AM
I played TS2 for ds and for ps2. It wasn't a great game, but it was playable. I really didn't like build and buy mode in any ps2 versions of sims, and I can't remember anything about the ds game. Sims 2 for ds though was a completely different story, I loved that game. Same with sims 2 for psp.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 8:56 AM
They seemed to do it right with the PSP version.
I was annoyed that Sims 2 Pets PC lacked many things that PSP had.
Climbing tree for cats and sims
Pet clothes
Chicken checkers

Random fire for having too much.

If only EA added such Items to PC.
While I'm at it Sims 2 Castaway PSP?
Amazing! Still love it.
Alchemist
#5 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 8:50 PM
The console versions has always been lacking compared to the PC ones, except for Bustin' Out and Urbz which both are very fun for a different reason. It is kind of understandable that content is lacking, during the PS2-era you couldn't make PS2 games that took up as much space or required as much power and speed that a PC could offer. The PC version is the real deal, even though there are a few fun console versions.

To be fair, there wasn't really that much stuff for the pets in the PC version either.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 10:49 PM
TS2 for PS2 was where I did all of my embarrassing early simming moments, tbh. I got it in 2007 and I played it so much he disc stopped working then bought another one because I wasn't done playing with it. The soundtrack for that godsforsaken game is branded into my soul from how long I used to continually have the stereo on, and some of my best memories of playing a PS2 are associated with it. I used to have sims with questionable fashion sense, gay sims, fandom sims [as best as I could make it lmao!] and I had such fun making sims of me and my friends.
That build mode is inexcusable though.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 7:55 AM
I know what you mean, because I've had a Gamecube for ages and when I was younger, I had Sims 2 Pets for the game console as well. Jeez, the game was so bad! It was very unpleasing to even play it because it was so glitchy and basically there was really nothing much to do. You couldn't even focus on your sims' lifes because I guess you couldn't marry anyone or have kids either or anything like that? The game got super boring very quick.

But on the other hand, the Urbz is a fantastic game. I lost the disc many many years ago and I'm so pissed off because I had so much fun with it back then.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 4:14 PM
The Sims games on console with the exception of The Urbz: Sims in the City (love that game! ) tend to be pretty horrible at least from my opinion. I did like The Sims Bustin' Out because of the online mode it had, but really disliked the Sims 2 on consoles because you control your sim directly, so it doesn't make that much sense.

I did love TS2 on the PSP and DS (I had loads of fun on both, except when I had to gain cooking skills from the TV on the PSP, that was a little difficult). I also loved the Urbz on both the Gamecube and DS.