Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:44 PM
I don't want to sound rude, but in my experience, boolprop controlpets on + apartments don't play well together. You risk borking the lot.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:02 PM
Ok.... lol.. I tried with my new cat and dog. People are right, you can't scold them for sleeping outside, you can only "shoo" them to move. (I'm testing outside on the modded "natural bed".

What I did find out why my cat much prefers to sleep outside. The sims are two girls, and the other has a dog. The dog thinks the girls are part of his pack, but he dosen't feel that way about the cat. The cat, well the cat thinks nobody is apart of his pack. So I'm gonna leave him outside because he don't seem friendly.

ETA - I'm checking their traits. Cat loves outside, Dog really hates it. Reckon that's why the dog sleeps easily in the bedroom.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I don't want to sound rude, but in my experience, boolprop controlpets on + apartments don't play well together. You risk borking the lot.

Not rude at all, thanks for mentioning it! I hadn't heard of any issues like that and it wouldn't have occurred to me as a potential problem, even though I know apartments in general are buggy.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:19 PM
You might not read it often either..like i said, in my experience. That cheat also controls the roommates. They aren't supposed to be controlled, maybe this is why. Yep, apartment are touchy things. I love them so i take good care of them. lol.

Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:26 PM
Quietscheente: I can try giving her an other bed. The problem is, it's so long ago I played the family last time and I do not remember what bed she had. I'm sure the family did not keep it but I can check that.

Jdusk: Follow this link and you will see the building: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/File:Seaspray_Apartments.png . The dog use to sleep by the yellow sign. I also dis change the link in my post #6 as it did not work out as it should. The picture was tiny and I did not want to put it on my Flikr since EA had the copyright.

Rosebine: I'm scared to death to use the boolprop codes. It did that once and did get a reset whit unknown effects.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat

ETA - I'm checking their traits. Cat loves outside, Dog really hates it. Reckon that's why the dog sleeps easily in the bedroom.

If you're talking about Interest, again I'll remind you: those don't affect the behavior of a pet. Just the conversation part between their fellow felines/canines.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 1:29 AM
I have boolprop controlpets in my startup cheats and I've never had a problem with apartments. I've never had a roommate though either, but real pets are fine.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have boolprop controlpets in my startup cheats and I've never had a problem with apartments. I've never had a roommate though either, but real pets are fine.

Yes, this is why I said that they might not read this warning often. I read a lot of opinions on the matter, and many seems to have no problem at all with using control pet while living in an apartment. For the longest time I thought all those apartment cheats were the main cause of these lots being buggery faster than residential lots. Allow build/buy and what else? Control pets was one. I stopped using them altogether and also stoped having problem. Just the fact that this cheat is the same you'd use to control sims you should not control, roommates..was enough to convince me.
The apartments I built and play won't bug more than the residential lots, and to me to say..*apartments are known to be bugged* is a thing of the past!
I am happy you can control your pets without it causing issues, I wish I could at times...but if ever something goes wrong, well, you'll have one more place to look/find a cause.

Mad Poster
#34 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 6:16 AM
I've never really had glitchy apartments. *touch wood* I don't know why they're supposed to bug up more often.

I did bork an apartment with allow build/buy once though. Walls that weren't really there lol.
Scholar
#35 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 11:26 PM
I like to control the roommates

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#36 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:30 AM
In apartment like this I usual place the dog stuff in the garage because it's easier for the dog - of cause only if there is space to it can enter (depending if your family has a car or not)

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:14 PM
So I did take a look at this problem of mine. I did place the pet bed on the other side of the room and Yvette did use it shortly but not for sleeping. But she was using it and that's a progress. The dog did take a nap on the kitchen floor and later on she did the same in the bathroom upstairs. I could try to get her an other bed but that will be a thing for next play session. I will not have the time to play next weekend so it will take some time.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:17 PM
Question - Are we training are sim animals or are they training us?

ETA - As to what them animal interests mean, well of course I assume them mean nothing at all but flavour text. To be honest, I've never been interested to look at these things before now, but the OP got me a wondering. I've got a cat and a dog to test with, and they are as different as day and night (as are their owners). Does a low score in interests towards outside mean they're likely to stay inside. Does a low interest in other animals mean they'll be harder to breed. The shoo, scold and praise function has always worked for me before, but I'm gonna pay more attention to what my pets are doing and why. Teach to come when you call and stay helps them to go where you want.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
So I did take a look at this problem of mine. I did place the pet bed on the other side of the room and Yvette did use it shortly but not for sleeping. But she was using it and that's a progress. The dog did take a nap on the kitchen floor and later on she did the same in the bathroom upstairs. I could try to get her an other bed but that will be a thing for next play session. I will not have the time to play next weekend so it will take some time.

I'm surprised that she isn't using the human beds. All mine have to be shooed off them when my human sims want to sleep. XD
Scholar
#40 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:41 AM
that happens to me too,of course the pets that my sims have get taken away easily because there's about 3 children 5 toddlers and 2 adults and they forget about the dog.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:16 PM
Hi again all!
I have to tell you that I'm about to move the family out. I do not know what the problem is but I discovered today that the dog could not walk down stairs like it was blocked or something. But I can not use the "nuke" mod (stop object remover) because if the stair or anything else gets nuked I can not replace it due to build mode limitations. So my advice to you is: Do never move pets into apartments!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:26 PM
Depending on the apartment layout, pets will have no trouble living in them.

Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Depending on the apartment layout, pets will have no trouble living in them.

Well, I guess I have a buggy apartment then. Last week she could go down the stairs and this week she could not.
Page 2 of 2