Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#601 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 6:25 AM
Congratulations everybody! And especially Ellu wonderful jobs all of you
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#602 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 10:53 PM
*resurrects thread to the land of the living*

@AndrewGloria
@simsample
@Justpetro

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#603 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 11:27 PM
Oooh, well done Jo, you got it back! Thanks!

@Modder Will you have chance to post your entry? We'd still like to see it!
Mad Poster
#604 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 6:57 AM
Yes! Glad to see this contest has a few more days before it is packaged and closed!

I always liked this part of the contest ... kind of like the period after the holidays when you can sit back and enjoy all the pretties. The stress is gone, and everyone can relax ... perhaps slip in a WCIF or two (yeah, yeah ... I know this is the wrong thread, but sometimes, it's easier to do it within the contest thread while the pictures are still fresh and before a photo service plays tricks ... see Photo*ucket.) Hope those who couldn't quite make the deadline show us what they had. Then it's off to the next contest, whether you want to be a contestant, play-along, host, judge or observer.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#605 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 8:17 AM
Thanks, Jo! I really want to see what @AndrewGloria has done for the Singles and I do hope @Modder - after some great entries, will post too, because I would really enjoy seeing it.
Mad Poster
#606 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 6:29 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 3rd Sep 2018 at 8:38 PM.
Default Round 4 Play-along - 57 Road to Nowhere - Singles

The Council allocated the old army barracks building at 57 Road to Nowhere to the Singles family and gave them (by my standards) a large budget to spend on it. The Veronaville company of Jones & Moltke undertook the conversion of the building for the family, working to Lola Curious's specifications. We decided to retain as much as possible of the original character of the building, which we actually find quite attractive, although I'm sure the military regarded it as purely functional when they originally built it. One feature I didn't like in the original building was that the dormer windows in the roof served no purpose. To give them a purpose I added a small attic in the roof-space. The windows now provide the natural lighting to the attic. The changes the roofline, but I think it actually makes it more interesting.

Even Lola and Chloe found the sheer size of the lot a bit daunting. How could they turn that vast amount of sand into a garden that their "dad" PT9 would be proud of? Erin came to their aid when Loki told her about the cheap security fencing that he and Circe had put round their new house in Cover Up Road. So the girls fenced in part of the lot and Lola and Chloe designed a garden to fill it. They made it as a desert garden with lots of cacti and other succulent plants. But of course they included a nice lawn too -- they wouldn't be PT9's children without a lawn! In the future they can extend their garden just by moving the boundary fence!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#607 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 6:59 PM
Wow, great job @AndrewGloria ! I especially love the garden, and the trampolines are a great idea. The succulents are lovely! :lovestruc

I like the colours in the girls' rooms- and you have the kitchen arranged to that it is nice to work in. You'd get bonus points from me for making the roof space useable, good job!
Mad Poster
#608 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 8:08 PM
Good job, @AndrewGloria I think it is an improvement as well and I agree with @simsample - I am just worried about the damage those boots may do to the trampoline I like the loft idea very much and the pool looks inviting to me (where I am, of course, in an African summer ).

Thanks for the pics - I hope you will have some peaceful times now
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#609 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:06 PM
Well, I don't know about you, but I always wear that kind of boot when trampolining.
Space Pony
#610 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Well, I don't know about you, but I always wear that kind of boot when trampolining.

Sorry.. had to
Screenshots

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#611 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It seems that Chloe also wears her boots in bed. Maybe that's another thing that everybody does on "her" planet.

The trampolines are by NixNivis here at MTS and are the most popular way of keeping fit and gaining Body points amongst my Sims. At §95, they are substantially cheaper than Maxis exercise machines, they are more fun to use, they don't give you electric shocks, and they don't make you nearly so sweaty.

I can't take the credit for the layout of the kitchen. I changed the cheap electric cooker for a higher quality gas one, and added a fire alarm, Neder's device for setting the number of portions, an espresso machine, and that wall telephone that Erin used to ring her brother. Otherwise the design is just the way Maxis built it including the cheap green Krampft kitchen units. Like I said, I think the kitchen may date from when the house was part of the army barracks.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#612 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 4:40 PM
And those trampolines don't break all the time - they can even withstand Chloe's shoes - so a repairman does not have to be called all the time
Mad Poster
#613 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:37 PM
Thanks again Jo for reopening this thread so I could post my late entry.

May I ask one more favour before you finally and permanently close the thread? Could you update the Play-along table? I think the only entries still to add are Justpetro's Round 3 entry, and my Round 3 and Round 4 entries. I hope the links help. Of course, if you have the time, any comments would be very much appreciated too.

And thanks for running the contest and putting up with us all!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#614 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:57 PM
A thank you, Jo, from me as well - and, I believe, from everyone else So have some flowers before we go drinking Somebody, bring the Fanta, please? )
Screenshots
Test Subject
#615 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:12 AM
Hi all! I know this thread is probably like dead at this point but I just wanted to thank all of you for making this contest possible! Jo, thanks so much for coming up with the idea and for telling me about it so I could join. Thanks to the judges for your honest feedback and for taking the time. And to the other contestants, thanks for being a part of the contest! This was my first time participating in a MTS contest and I know I wasn't super active in the thread or anything but I really did love seeing all what you guys created.
Test Subject
#616 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
That sounds good to me - let's go to that place over in Ellu's Strangetown

I do want to mention one contestant here - incredible progress and improvement, nailing the last round - great work, @Simoleon37

Wow, I only just saw this but thanks so much!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#617 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 9:42 AM
Table updated @AndrewGloria and @Justpetro

@Thanks Simoleon37

Are we all done now?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#618 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 10:56 AM
I think we are, thank you so much, Jo
Mad Poster
#619 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 10:49 PM
Yes, Jo, I think we are all done now. I had hoped that Modder might post a late entry, but I guess he/she must be too busy with real life issues. What made me so anxious to reopen the thread, was that I'd already started my post, and I had all my pictures attached to it. So many, many thanks for reopening just so I could post!!

On the general theme, I think it might be an idea if future contest threads were left open for about a fortnight after the winner is announced. Like gazania I enjoy the relaxed end-of-term atmosphere at this time, and some us can be a bit slow in getting our final thoughts gathered together. Thanks again!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#620 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:14 PM
The reason I shut it is Gina posted on 31 Aug and nobody posted for 2 days after that so I assumed people were done. I will ask next time.

Okay closing this now and thank you for another fun contest, loved the entries, the picture stories and all the drinks!

~Call me Jo~

Page 25 of 25