Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:03 AM
Default Pets swimming?
Do you all think that pet's will be able to swim in the pool?
Advertisement
#2 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:07 AM
That would be cute!
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:08 AM
I wouldnt think so because of the pool ladder... But it would be SO adorable if they could!

bP

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:19 AM
It would be cute.. wouldn't it?
#5 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:21 AM
Yep doubt it too, but it would be very cute!
Instructor
#6 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 9:46 AM
Boolproppped - What pool ladder? do ya mean a new one or just the old one? and yes, that would be cute!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#7 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 9:54 AM
If they could they probably would of said, and I think it would be more likely them (dogs) swimming in ponds then pools..
Instructor
#8 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:00 AM
Maybe Maxis would create a new options, in order that making sims and pets go swimming and walking in the pond or lake in their gardens... It would be really nice!!!
#9 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:04 AM
I think some modder will make something that allows pets to swim. If an animation already comes with the game I suppose ...
Instructor
#10 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:10 AM
Even if not... lately modders have started creating their own animations. They are not working good as the original maxis ones, but modders are improving day after day, so, maybe... *fingers crossed*
#11 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:08 PM
Well, we know they can play in puddles? Hahaha
#12 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:47 PM
That would be so adorable! My dog went swimming in a lake this morning and she had a whale of a time
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 6:41 PM
Maybe they will create a water-slide (Like in the sims 1) and pets can go down that?
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 6:49 PM
I hope they can swim. My guinea pig can swim, haha, it'd be crazy if you could toss the guinea into the pool. (Although that more than likely counts as torture :/ ). My guinea likes to swim in the bath too
#15 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:13 PM
That would be awesome, really. If maxis adds those pool stairs, it would be possible, if you know what i mean.
#16 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bambibaby
I hope they can swim. My guinea pig can swim, haha, it'd be crazy if you could toss the guinea into the pool. (Although that more than likely counts as torture :/ ). My guinea likes to swim in the bath too

My Guinea Pig used to swim as well! Be giving her one of her many baths (had a habit of catching EVERYTHING nasty for a guinea) and she'd just pick up her feet and start swimming around.

That would be ADORABLE! if they could put that in
#17 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:05 PM
I think it'd be so cute if the dog or something leapt in making a big splash, doggy-paddled around then clambered out again. Obviously not cats though. Oh my gosh, I bet bathing cats is HILARIOUS!
#18 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:13 PM
It would be cute to see the puppies swimming! lol, Maybe they'll add built in stairs like they have at hotels... You know you can walk down into the pool ? Idk lol =]
Inventor
#19 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:23 PM
Maybe the EP with ship with stairs for your pool so dogs (and maybe tots) can swim.

EDIT: oops, didn't that someone already posted that.
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
Boolproppped - What pool ladder? do ya mean a new one or just the old one? and yes, that would be cute!

New one? Did they change the ladders in OFB or something (I don't have that expansion)
Theorist
#21 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:14 AM
I really hope dogs can swim, that would be so awesome. Maybe cats could accidentally fall in and quickly get out of the pool but their needs would drop (not by that much though).

The pool stairs is a really good idea, I never thought of that. They'll probably put that in a future expansion, not sure about this one because someone would have mentioned it by now. So many sites have commented on everything from pets to the sledgehammer tool to the new neighborhood decorations but no mention of pool stairs.
Scholar
#22 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 5:12 AM
it would be cute to see pets swim course i also think toddlers should get floatys and swim too i wonder if thatll happen maybe with the vacation ep (if we get one that is)

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 7:26 AM
It would be cute if puppies could swim. I wish toddlers could swim aswell.

~Kitty

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 8:39 AM
Well, maybe even if they don't add a ladder that pets can use, maybe badly behaved pets could jump in, and you could send your sims in to rescue them. Ooh, imagine if a cat did that! :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:13 PM
I'd love it if the pools had steps, and you could take your toddlers in the pool, HOW CUTE WOULD THAT BE?!?! Sorry, lol, I just pictured this little girl in a pink bathing suit with flowers and big yellow arm-tube thingys haha. And it could be something that you'd have to teach them as toddlers, or children, and if you didn't, they'd be more likely to drown, lol.
I wish that if you didn't teach toddlers to walk, talk or use the potty, they'd either have problems when they grew up, or they'd have bad memories, and their relationship with their parents would decrease. Wouldn't it be funny if a sim that was never potty trained had a bladder motive that would deplete faster than a potty trained sim?

My name is Loren.
Page 1 of 2