Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 12:57 PM
Online Download of TS2 Pets?
Does anyone have a reliable source for the Sims 2 Pets, with an online download, that will work safely with my CD of the Sims 2? I don't mind having to purchase it, but finding a cheeky free source would be awesome.

I want my custom content to actually work, so I need an expansion pack to get the Body Shop working.

/I may be doing something wrong with mods/custom content, but they wont appear and I think it's because I can't use the Body Shop/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 1:24 PM
/I think you are doing something wrong because Body Shop isn't necessary for that sort of thing/
Why not just get the Ultimate Collection?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 1:40 PM
It's not allowed to ask about illegal downloads on MTS.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
The only reliable source to download digital versions of games is from the official distributor, which is Origin. You just have to make the call, and a representative may provide you with a free copy of the Ultimate Collection, which contains all expansion packs and stuff packs. Now, what's the better deal? Downloading from the official site with all packs or downloading from an illegal distributor that only provides Pets (with some degree of uncertainty) and some chance of getting viruses on your computer?

They don't have The Sims 2 on Origin, I already checked. Maybe it's a location thing. I'm in the UK. So, to get the content you have to call Origin?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
It's not allowed to ask about illegal downloads on MTS.

Sorry, this is my first time posting, I didn't know.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 1:56 PM
I could throw a plethora of links your way, but I won't per site rules. Although to be fair, TS2 is practically abondonware now. It's only a matter of time before the copyright expires on the game, and then it becomes legal; By the time of that, death will be upon most of us though.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 2:05 PM
Yeah, I figured so doodookiin Just letting you know, and reminding the old members of the rule. In the past I would have wholeheartedly agreed with HarVee that it's practically abandonware, but with UC around and still available if one asks for it, I don't think we can argue that anymore. Then again Origin is basically spyware, and not something I'd want on my pc, so I fully understand why people still pirate. But not something we can discuss here

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 2:11 PM Last edited by HarVee : 10th Jun 2015 at 2:23 PM.
EA doesn't sell the Pets EP individually in digital format that I'm aware of, so the only other legal way to acquire a copy that I will personally recommend would be to purchase a physical copy from Amazon ...or hunt one down on eBay if you feel daring.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gardeviola
/I think you are doing something wrong because Body Shop isn't necessary for that sort of thing/
Why not just get the Ultimate Collection?

Sorry, I accidentally overlooked your reply! That's frustrating to hear to be honest, I've been trying to get these mods to work for ages. I followed the process exactly, extracted them correctly into 'Downloads'. ONE mod worked, which was an Alien replacement skin.
I'm not getting the pop-up on the menu that asks about custom content.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Yeah, I figured so doodookiin Just letting you know, and reminding the old members of the rule. In the past I would have wholeheartedly agreed with HarVee that it's practically abandonware, but with UC around and still available if one asks for it, I don't think we can argue that anymore. Then again Origin is basically spyware, and not something I'd want on my pc, so I fully understand why people still pirate. But not something we can discuss here

No problem! Origin has Spyware?... Wish I knew that, I downloaded it last year for Dragon Age Origins!

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
EA doesn't sell the Pets EP individually in digital format that I'm aware of, so the only other legal way to acquire a copy that I will personally recommend would be to purchase a physical copy from Amazon ...or hunt one down on eBay if you feel daring.

I'm in the process of buying one from Amazon as we speak. I found one for £2.75, free delivery, from a highly rated shop.
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by doodookiin
Sorry, this is my first time posting, I didn't know.

Origin has something called the Ultimate Collection. This is still available to get from Origin, for FREE, if you call them up and ask nicely (and already own a legal copy of the base game or an expansion). The UC contains ALL the expansions and stuff packs.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 7:05 PM
Sorry, I accidentally overlooked your reply! That's frustrating to hear to be honest, I've been trying to get these mods to work for ages. I followed the process exactly, extracted them correctly into 'Downloads'. ONE mod worked, which was an Alien replacement skin. I'm not getting the pop-up on the menu that asks about custom content.

Installing Pets probably won't fix this issue, but there are definitely some things you can do. Did you follow every step to the letter in the Installing Custom Content Guide here on MTS? You say you're not getting the pop-up about enabling custom content, but did you go into the settings and open it manually to check that you have custom content enabled?

Pets is a good expansion anyway, you won't regret buying it.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 7:36 PM
Ultimate Collection is available in the UK too. It's worldwide. My sister has it and she lives in Wales.

Do you only have the base game? I don't think that the base game had the pop up. You have to enable custom content manually.

If you don't want to mess around with UC and Origin, you can buy a copy of TS2 Pets (and most of the expansions, actually) for about a pound or two each in any branch of CeX. Just check when they put the disc in that the manual, with serial number, and CD2 are present in the game. I used to work there - they are generally overflowing with TS2 expansions, because they're so old now, but most of the staff aren't sims fans and wouldn't necessarily know to check for a second disk or a serial code when buying in, so check before you leave the store. I don't know prices at Game etc but presumably they are similar.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 8:35 PM
Seconding CeX, I've brought every single disc from them and not one of them cost more than a fiver. The Ultimate Collection is also def. available for UK customers. It doesn't show up in any sort of search, but if you contact Origin via chat or something and pester nicely, they'll give it to you.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 8:41 PM
Origin is only spyware if you consider things like Google spyware. It won't harm your computer but it does collect data about you and not always the kinds of things that you might expect. If that bothers you, don't use it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 10:31 PM
No problem! Origin has Spyware?... Wish I knew that, I downloaded it last year for Dragon Age Origins!.

Not that kind of spyware, it is itself a type of spywere in that it sends back data. So does steam, google, a lot of programs.

CC unless it is base game compatible wont show up. Just because an item says it's base game doesn't always make it so. If you only have base game you only have a fraction of a game, go get the UC. Pets as an EP was considered the least in terms of what it gave you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#18 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 10:54 PM
If having Origin really bothers you, you might want to try PeerBlock: http://peerblock.com/ - You need to start it before you log into Origin. It's a tiny program that doesn't interfere with you playing any games. It just blocks URLs from Origin from connecting. (Probably Steam and other programs like that too.) It also doesn't stop your game from updating. (I can't explain it properly, just trust me! I've used it since I installed TS4 and have never had any problems with it and Origin doesn't seem to know anything about me that I don't want it to know.)