Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 6:23 PM
Default How to share pet coat patterns?
How do you share pet coat patterns? Can you just copy them from the PetCoats folder, rename them, and will they work in other people’s games? Do the people downloading them have to put them in PetCoats or can they just put them in Downloads?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 8:07 PM
Do you mean designed animals (coat patterns are another thing)?

They work in Downloads (I have a couple in there I've forgotten about till now). I think, yes, just share the file as long as you can identify it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 8:47 PM
Take the package you think it is, rename your Sims 2 folder and let the game generate a new one. Add the package and see if the pet appears for you. If it does, you know it works.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:17 PM
I mean "Coat Color and Markings" templates. I can see that you can package pet breeds to a file.

I did what you suggested gummilutt-- generated a new Sims 2 folder and put the coat templates into the Downloads folder, and it worked. So I suppose they're ready to upload to my tumblr along with the ubiquitous "let me know if anything goes wrong!"