Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 10:44 PM
Default official breeds missing.
So for some reason all the official breeds that came with Sims 2 pets are missing on my game, is there a place to I can find/download them and stick em back in my game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 11:30 PM
Do you have folders named "PetCoats" and "PetBreeds" in the "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" location? If not, that might be the problem.

(Hijacked... I think either the browser or the MTS version I'm using doesn't show posts as they're made, but instead several minutes later. Keeps happening all the time).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 11:39 PM
@simmer22 it is an issue between Classic and Bootstrap, where those of us on classic can see other posts on classic right, but posts on bootstrap might take minutes or hours to show and it's the same if you are on Bootstrap not seeing Classic posts. I often have to have a Bootsrap page open as well but I use classic as it's much better for my eyes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 11:59 PM
Oh, alright. I thought it was just me. Gotta say I prefer the classic setup, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 1:23 AM
the folder is there but non of the official ones seem to show up in the game.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 2:28 AM
Are there any files in the folders? There should be.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th May 2017 at 12:52 AM
After needing to reinstall the game, I am now also having this problem.

While I cannot speak for the OP, I have both those folders, and easch has a file (petbreedbin.dbpf and petcoatbin.dbpf). Where does one go from there?