Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6526 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 12:43 PM
I think it's a virus. Mine does the same thing.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6527 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 1:52 PM
I make it a point not to look at that thread and my downloads folder still gets larger. XD
Mad Poster
#6528 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
This is the sort of thing that almost embarrasses me to say, but I think it might be fun to make a music video in the Sims 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucYv1zX13zU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEHu2sAy5hc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2SSwl_1iOI
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6529 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 8:52 PM
This one was always my favourite, by Jaydee:
Instructor
#6530 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 9:01 PM
My downloads folder tends to get larger after looking at this thread, specifically. Must be a really weird browser issue.

WHY!!! WHY DID YOU LINK THIS THREAD TO ME?! I don't go looking for a reason people!!
Mad Poster
#6531 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 10:56 PM
Why is it that thread is always popping up and saying "Visit me! Visit me!"?

I just did and it took 20 mgb of my drive. Damn that thread!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#6532 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 3:42 AM
That and the WCIF thread are dangerous to look at.
Forum Resident
#6533 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 4:41 AM
I swear, female sims fertility seems to skyrocket in the last week before they become an elder. I've had so many families with 2 elderly parents, their adult/teen children and the surprise toddler.
Lab Assistant
#6534 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 4:47 AM
Why haven't I played Strangetown sooner?? I've maybe played one or two of the families before (I've owned the game since launch) and only now that I've incorporated Strangetown into my megahood for lore reasons am I realizing how charming it is. I really disliked Loki and Circe especially, but I'm finding them really engaging now that I've moved Nervous out and remodeled their home. Maybe I'm just shallow and a pretty home makeover is all it takes to flip a bland family into a bustling one. Either way, I'm hooked!

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Forum Resident
#6535 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 6:58 AM
It’s funny how the game sometimes generate npcs there make no sense
The other day a townie was made. I first took a look at him his human skin and blond hair was like well standard...
But he had alien eyes.
That one took me by surprise.
I think the game misunderstood something

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6536 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 7:06 AM
I thought alien eyes weren't townie-enabled by default?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#6537 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 8:06 PM
Just came up with an idea in regards to one of my Sims and her owning an interior design shop, I kept thinking how do I have her or him have a business that isn't to do with selling furniture. I don't have the building at the moment but it is something I've wanted to do and got inspiration from watching The Jessa Channel.

I use the website Design Seeds (Thanks Jessa) to look for colour schemes, and I try and get my painters in my game to paint my favourite ones so I can design my homes around those colours, so I was thinking that maybe that is what my Interior Designer could do as a business. Sell those paintings, and then maybe I click a Sim and they have a particular colour scheme painting that they bought and then they hire my Interior Designer and she 'comes round' and 'helps them decorate their home' for a fee.
Forum Resident
#6538 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 9:27 PM
I thought alien eyes weren't townie-enabled by default?

they aren't, but some eye sets include a geneticised and townified alien version, and these spawn just like the other eyes in the set - at random on random townies lol ((I only know because I've had this happen a few times and it's always a bit jarring ))
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6539 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 9:31 PM
I have a mod so that my townies and NPCs can have alien genetics- I like it that way!
Link Ninja
#6540 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 11:22 PM
Step 1: Make a sim/find an existing sim
Step 2: Make a tropicalish Lot with lots of trees
Step 3: Move that sim in
Step 4: Buy birds...lots and lots of birds, like 5 at least
Step 5: Open all the cages, FOREVER! (but still feed and clean them, just in case because birds seem to die like every 5 days)
Step 6: Create a home Business Bird sanctuary with a buffet in a greenhouse so people can watch birds and eat
Step 7: Profit?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6541 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Step 1: Make a sim/find an existing sim
Step 2: Make a tropicalish Lot with lots of trees
Step 3: Move that sim in
Step 4: Buy birds...lots and lots of birds, like 5 at least
Step 5: Open all the cages, FOREVER! (but still feed and clean them, just in case because birds seem to die like every 5 days)
Step 6: Create a home Business Bird sanctuary with a buffet in a greenhouse so people can watch birds and eat
Step 7: Profit?

I've not a link handy, but someone converted the TS3 birdcage that looks like just a branch sitting on top of a platform. You still have to open it, but it'd be great for this.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#6542 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:46 AM
I've not a link handy, but someone converted the TS3 birdcage that looks like just a branch sitting on top of a platform. You still have to open it, but it'd be great for this.

Think the branch birdcage is the one here https://verounique.livejournal.com/27505.html.

@Charmful, I really like that idea. Hope you post pics here or on your Tumblr if you decide to do it.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Forum Resident
#6543 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I have a mod so that my townies and NPCs can have alien genetics- I like it that way!

@Simsample, can you share the deets on that mod? I would love to have my townies carry unexpressed alien genetics - especially in Strangetown!

Edit: @Charmful... I am beyond excited right now thinking about a recreation of one of my all-time favourite places to go as a child: the Rainforest Cafe!!

<squeals in high-pitched 8-year-old>
Link Ninja
#6544 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 7:07 AM
@terula8 @PenelopeT, @Bulbizarre here's the 'Birb Sanctuary & Cafe'

It's a small house with one private room upstairs meant for the caretaker and then the kitchen downstairs with a wrap-around foundation enclosed in two-story greenhouse glass overlooking the bird perches, nestled in the palms and other plant life in the gated side yard/sanctuary. It'll probably be a bandatron home business and *suggested donations* go back into buying bird food for the birds. Food can be made by the caretaker or served and then taken from the buffet.

Thanks for that link BTW, PenelopeT! It's not as big as the Rainforest Cafe but it's got a li'l slice of it

Mad Poster
#6545 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:50 AM
That is a lovely lot, Charmful!
Mad Poster
#6546 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:55 AM
But where are the birds?
Theorist
#6547 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:52 AM
Love what you did there, Charmful!

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#6548 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:26 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 16th Aug 2018 at 12:49 PM.
If there's room, maybe you can also stick the career reward pond in there. It'd look lovely!

It already looks lovely anyways

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6549 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
But where are the birds?

I'm guessing the lot is not occupied yet and there's no-one there to buy them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Link Ninja
#6550 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 6:52 PM
Thanks everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
But where are the birds?

FUN answer: They are in migration

Functional answer:
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
...the lot is not occupied yet and there's no-one there to buy them.

Page 262 of 511